talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Christian Eriksen Signs for Brentford

After a new club apparently as he works back to fitness.

Nothing solid but considering he’ll be on a lower wage/fee now due to the insurance issue he’ll come with and then large amount of Danish players and coaches that we have he’s been suggested as a good signing which I agree with. For us it makes sense as we lack incision in midfield and for him it would make sense as he’d be pushed to his limits in a comfortable environment whilst playing in the Premier League.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Hope he doesn’t go anywhere in England. He’s ours 

If he can genuinely play at elite level again he would be a good signing for pretty much any team in the league. 

We’ve never replaced what he brought to us 

• 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Christian Eriksen Signs for Brentford
11 minutes ago, Storts said:

Such a shame we’ve already played Brentford at home cause the reception he would get at the Lane would be special. Can’t wait for the away game

If you have any sense you’ll stick a bid for him in the Summer

3 hours ago, Storts said:

See how he does first. I’d have taken him back though. Love him

Conte doesn’t like him does he? Feel like that’s the only reason you’ve not signed him cos it would be massive for you on so many fronts, especially for Levy’s relationship with the fans

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Danny said:

Conte doesn’t like him does he? Feel like that’s the only reason you’ve not signed him cos it would be massive for you on so many fronts, especially for Levy’s relationship with the fans

No, Conte really likes him. Had a slow start with him but then he became first choice in the title winning season. Yeah not sure we could be the first ones to do it. But would be welcomed back with open arms if he does well with you 

I think it's very clever from Brentford, you are giving yourself a free shot of a top quality player regaining his form in a league he is comfortable in and an environement that will feel 'homely' given the huge scandanavian influence.

It actually annoyed me we didn't make a move. We've never replaced Pablo Hernandez properly and he would have been brilliant behind the striker with the quality we have around him from an attack perspective. Perhaps like many others, we were put off by the recent fitness issues but what have you got to lose in this situation?

I think he comes along at a good time too. For me, Brentford have looked at times like they have run out of ideas a little bit and need something a bit different. Eriksen offers that in abundance. Just having him in the dressing room and on the training ground is going to give an extra 10% to the rest of the players because let's face it, he walks in on a different level to what they have and commands respect.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Dan said:

He looks as good as ever to be honest. I really feared he'd be nothing like what he was.

Same,  I have been saying on other NUFC sites that we should take the risk and sign him for 2-3 years as we have the payroll flexibility and he with Bruno will be perfect in our quest to make our midfield more creative. 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Same,  I have been saying on other NUFC sites that we should take the risk and sign him for 2-3 years as we have the payroll flexibility and he with Bruno will be perfect in our quest to make our midfield more creative. 

It's already looking a good move by Brentford. Basically got a £30mil+ player for nothing.

31 minutes ago, Dan said:

It's already looking a good move by Brentford. Basically got a £30mil+ player for nothing.

Agreed,  I can understand why not many clubs wanted to take it on,  but now that he has proven he can still play he is worth giving a shorter term deal to.   Obviously the risk is still there though and he will also need to be managed load wise. 

Archived