• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2021/22 - Semi Finals

football forum

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Well, that's us in the final, just have to wait and see who we get now?? 

Good result over both legs... If it had been up to the ref tonight it would have been 3-3 thankfully VAR were on the ball tonight.. 

My theory is Mike Dean is actually the best referee in England to have on VAR because his ego means he'll take great satisfaction from telling his colleagues they're wrong and overturning them if they're wrong. Anyone else and you can just expect the same silly bullshit you'd expect from any referee, VAR or otherwise - no consistency.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

My theory is Mike Dean is actually the best referee in England to have on VAR because his ego means he'll take great satisfaction from telling his colleagues they're wrong and overturning them if they're wrong. Anyone else and you can just expect the same silly bullshit you'd expect from any referee, VAR or otherwise - no consistency.

See you at Wembley mate... You won't need to ask for a postponement as you should have all your players back by then... :ph34r:

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's two matches from a final?

It's silverware at the end of the day. Considering it's likely to be Man City for the league, I don't get why any side turns their nose up at any other silverware. No tournament is meaningless in my opinion, at least not within a domestic season. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

It's silverware at the end of the day. Considering it's likely to be Man City for the league, I don't get why any side turns their nose up at any other silverware. No tournament is meaningless in my opinion, at least not within a domestic season. 

If City were closer to us in the league, I could see a case being made for resting players here.

But realistically, we're not catching up to them and we're potentially 3 matches from silverware - and it's a trophy we haven't won in a while.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If City were closer to us in the league, I could see a case being made for resting players here.

But realistically, we're not catching up to them and we're potentially 3 matches from silverware - and it's a trophy we haven't won in a while.

Imagine if someone else said that xD

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I hope the ref is going to start pulling Ramsdale up on that time wasting. Almost 20 seconds he had the ball in his hands thenxD

Keepers in general take the piss there I reckon. Refs don't really care. Unless it's a goal kick as opposed to out of the hands, they're not really bothered. 

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Not really getting any clear-cut efforts in that half might indicate that this month without Mo and Mane could be a bit rough for us.

Everyone gather round please... group hug for Liverpool fans who have to play some games without all their best players.... 

Bring It In The Goldbergs GIF by ABC Network

11 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Everyone gather round please... group hug for Liverpool fans who have to play some games without all their best players.... 

Bring It In The Goldbergs GIF by ABC Network

Tbh I expect anything that makes us unhappy probably gives the rest of you erections, ya fucking weirdos

Archived