talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2021/22 - Semi Finals

football forum

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing against ten men for an hour and we offered next to fuck all. Fucking awful performance and it’ll be the same at the weekend and again next week. 

Trent & Robbo should have both been hooked early on, they were as bad as anybody today. Williams looked decent when he came on. 

11 minutes ago, Rick said:

Playing against ten men for an hour and we offered next to fuck all. Fucking awful performance and it’ll be the same at the weekend and again next week. 

Trent & Robbo should have both been hooked early on, they were as bad as anybody today. Williams looked decent when he came on. 

Thought Robertson was decent. Apart from his corners like 

I'd still fancy us in the second leg when they'll have to open up a bit more. 

Big improvement needed Sunday and Thursday though.

Milner can’t start in a midfield with Fabinho & Henderson ever again either, there’s just no creativity. You need Jones in there for the time being until Thiago is fit. Why he wasn’t changed at half time is beyond me, comes off after wasting 15 minutes of the second half. 

Just now, LFCMike said:

Thought Robertson was decent. Apart from his corners like 

I'd still fancy us in the second leg when they'll have to open up a bit more. 

Big improvement needed Sunday and Thursday though.

We had 78% possession though, Robertson didn’t really have to do much defending. His crosses and corners were both well off. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Expected more from Liverpool given the starting line up was strong and Arsenal went down to 10.

Which games are they without Salah, Keita and Mane for? 

Brentford, Arsenal, Crystal Palace and Cardiff. Possibly Leicester if they get to the final.

I thought Liverpool were way too predictable tonight. There didn't seem to be enough variety to their play. Made it far too easy for Arsenal to stay compact and soak it up.

In a weird way, I think the way the game panned out, they could have done with having an option like Origi, some physicality/aerial presence in the box so Liverpool could get those first time crosses in more. It seemed they were bit reluctant at time to fling it in early.

Sometimes the simple option can be the most effective.

Credit to Arsenal, they are right in this tie. You'd arguably make them slight favourites now.

13 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I thought Liverpool were way too predictable tonight. There didn't seem to be enough variety to their play. Made it far too easy for Arsenal to stay compact and soak it up.

In a weird way, I think the way the game panned out, they could have done with having an option like Origi, some physicality/aerial presence in the box so Liverpool could get those first time crosses in more. It seemed they were bit reluctant at time to fling it in early.

Sometimes the simple option can be the most effective.

Credit to Arsenal, they are right in this tie. You'd arguably make them slight favourites now.

They’ll have Odegaard & Smith-Rowe back for it as well. 

Slowly but surely the steps are all in the right direction. It’s creates a hell of a lot of pride watching the methods being used to become competitive again. Much more than using the cheque book. It forces you to offer more patience and enjoy the small steps forward.

It could’ve ended worse tonight with bad luck. But this time it didn’t and it’ll add more confidence to these kids.

Archived