talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2021/22 - Semi Finals

football forum

7 minutes ago, shut up said:

He was world class against Leicester. What are you talking about. 

Yes but the interaction with the fans shows a distractible/hyperactive keeper, you can’t really be like that these days if you want to be one of the best 

6 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah but they are two of the best in the world. No one said he was as good as that. Hes much more consistent than Leno. Also hes only 23 which is young for a keeper. There haven't been many question marks over the keeper since he was made number 1. 

I do think the way Arsenal fans go on about him at times would leave you to think he could hit those heights 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Danny I'm not sure how they were at his age to be fair. I doubt he will be as good as them but hes good for his age. And he's certainly reliable we dont here about keeper mistakes much with arsenal anymore. 

Just now, Stan said:

He is a Spurs fan :what:

So I'm an arsenal fan. I have said loads of good things about spurs. Not liking a club doesn't mean I can't see good things they are doing 

I don't think Ramsdale is trash, but he's not setting the world on fire either. I'd give him a pass mark, for Arsenal that is. I'd take Lloris over him if I had a matchday tomorrow. But in 2 years who knows. Maybe Ramsdale will be the England keeper, adding to their storied history of amazing keepers such as Joe Hart, Rob Green, John Rudd, Scott Carson and Chris Kirkland.  

4 minutes ago, shut up said:

We need to cash in on Leno while people still think he's good. Bring in a nice £20m for him

I dont know. Would we get a better number 2? 

3 hours ago, shut up said:

Lloris has made the most mistakes leading to goals in the Premier League xD

Meanwhile only Ederson has kept more clean sheets than Ramsdale, despite Ramsdale playing less games than every other keeper in the league

Judging a keeper's ability on clean sheets is a bit misleading.

De Gea only has 4 clean sheets this season but has been playing out his skin. Bailing his team out the mud every week.

I think Ramsdale looks good a lot of times but there’s part of me that’s innately skeptical whenever a goalie seems all pashun and personality, doing the spectacular every week.

It just fundamentally feels like the wrong temperament for a top goalie. 

On 20/01/2022 at 20:40, Inverted said:

I think Ramsdale looks good a lot of times but there’s part of me that’s innately skeptical whenever a goalie seems all pashun and personality, doing the spectacular every week.

It just fundamentally feels like the wrong temperament for a top goalie. 

He’s probably just acting like Pickford on the off chance Southgate confuses the two of them.

Archived