talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2021/22 - Semi Finals

football forum

If you can get disciplined as a club for your players getting too many yellows in one game I feel like there should be something you can do about a team getting almost twice as many reds as any other team over a period of 1-2 seasons. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
28 minutes ago, shut up said:

He's one of the best keepers in the league, and doesn't cost us points every week, like Lloris does spurs

Hahahahahh - Arsenal fans all the same. So deluded. He’s absolutely bang average. Makes so many mistakes like tonight - but because he pumps his fists and shows #passion he’s got people buying in. 

Lloris has been exceptional ever since he came back from his dislocated elbow. Just signed a new two year deal today too which is sensational news 

1 minute ago, Storts said:

After the first 20 mins you were excellent. So in control they couldn’t get near you 

I agree. Even the first 20 minutes though I felt like Liverpool had things under control. For all the perceived pressure, Arsenal only had the one shot from a free kick. The feed I was watching on you'd think you were watching peak Wenger Arsenal in that first 20 minutes.

Just now, shut up said:

Ramsdale has been one of the best keepers in the league this season, hence why he's getting a lot of praise. I'm genuinely a little bit embarrassed for you that you think Lloris has been better than him this season xD

Lloris is a walking disaster these days, well past his best. 

He's rubbish mate. He makes easy saves look difficult for the cameras.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, shut up said:

Ramsdale has been one of the best keepers in the league this season, hence why he's getting a lot of praise. I'm genuinely a little bit embarrassed for you that you think Lloris has been better than him this season xD

Lloris is a walking disaster these days, well past his best. 

Tell me you don’t know football without telling me you don’t know football.

Lloris has been absolutely superb. Look at that reaction to when his new contract is announced to see how happy everyone will be. Every single stat will have him top too over a long period. He’s an incredible shot stopper and has somehow bounced back from a bad spell to be playing as good as I’ve ever seen him right now.

Ramsdale on the other hand the hype will soon die. He makes so many errors, like tonight’s. Sooner or later people will stop buying into the personality and realise he’s just very average at doing the fundamental job of stopping shots. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I agree. Even the first 20 minutes though I felt like Liverpool had things under control. For all the perceived pressure, Arsenal only had the one shot from a free kick. The feed I was watching on you'd think you were watching peak Wenger Arsenal in that first 20 minutes.

Yeah very true. They just had a higher intensity then - but as soon as that dropped off you were just so utterly dominant. And Jota is some player. 

• Subscriber
Just now, shut up said:

Lloris has made the most mistakes leading to goals in the Premier League xD

Meanwhile only Ederson has kept more clean sheets than Ramsdale, despite Ramsdale playing less games than every other keeper in the league

Over a ridiculously long period because he’s been in the league longer than anyone else. He’s also pretty much top of all shot stopping metrics and prevented xg etc and by a fair way because he’s a bloody excellent World Cup winning goalkeeper. 

Your poundshop pickford isn’t fit to lace his boots 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Storts said:

Every single stat will have him top too over a long period

4 minutes ago, shut up said:

Lloris has made the most mistakes leading to goals in the Premier League

3 minutes ago, Storts said:

Over a ridiculously long period

Everyone is right :D

8 minutes ago, shut up said:

So rubbish he's got the second most clean sheets in the league, despite playing less games than every keeper in the league

Only Ederson has been better than him this season. Well on his way to becoming a world class goalkeeper 

He's third.

But anyway, Simon Mignolet once got the joint second most clean sheets in the PL, didn't make him a good goalkeeper for a side with Liverpool's ambitions. I'll look beyond the stats and judge what I see on the pitch 

• Administrator

I like both keepers to be honest. Lloris is better with the experience. Ramsdale is youthful and exuberant and passionate but to me isn't the 'better' keeper at the moment. 

1 minute ago, shut up said:

Was Mignolet pulling off world class saves and keeping you in games constantly? Was he setting your attacking game off with pinpoint passing?

Embarrassing takes from you. Ramsdale is a quality goalkeeper 

Mignolet was another keeper who made the easy look difficult. His ability on the ball was shit, I'll give you that 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, shut up said:

World Cup was 4 years ago mate, which is roughly the same time Lloris started going downhill. A really average keeper these days I'm afraid. In fact, there aren't many keepers in the league that aren't better than Lloris

Ramsdale only 23 & well on his way to becoming one of the best keepers in the league. He'll iron out the odd error with experience. Meanwhile he'll still be in contention for the golden glove award. 

Hahahahah

That’s enough for me tonight. Never change. Maybe go to a game of football occasionally though? Might learn something.

8 minutes ago, shut up said:

He's 23 so that will come with time.

There is nothing Leno does better than Ramsdale. Leno is actually a good barometer for Lloris. They're at a similar level. 

At this age it really won’t, if it does it’s minimal. Top keepers don’t act how he did against Leicester 

Started really well but didn't capitalise. After Liverpool scored, it was difficult.

As for the keeper discussion, Lloris overall has been an underrated keeper but in the past few seasons he's been just okay. In terms of right now, Ramsdale is better. Lloris probably wouldn't make it ahead of Leno on to our bench.

20 minutes ago, Danny said:

Ramsdale is mentally too erratic. Watch Ederson and Allison play, they ooze calmness. Ramsdale doesn’t. Good keeper, not sure what the value is in him over Leno but maybe his kicking?

Yeah but they are two of the best in the world. No one said he was as good as that. Hes much more consistent than Leno. Also hes only 23 which is young for a keeper. There haven't been many question marks over the keeper since he was made number 1. 

Archived