New Season, New Kit

football forum

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Red on a Newcastle shirt is just wrong. 

first thing I was going to say, too. Red numbering/lettering looks rubbish. 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

When did Leicester start using gold? Is it a historic thing? Because I always associated them with blue and white not blue and gold. 

Since the new owners came in. Gold is a good luck colour in Thailand. 

A lot of our own fans get their knickers in a twist about it. Despite it being nowhere near the levels of say Cardiff changing their whole colour to red. I don't mind the levels of gold on the kits we've had. 

As you say though the traditional colours are blue and white. I'm glad they've kept the away and/or third kits white though. 

Fair enough. 

I probably wouldn't be over the moon about it if I were a Leicester fan because I like tradition and history and think it should be honoured but it's quite minor really and I wouldn't let it bother me that much as the primary colour is still blue. 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Fair enough. 

I probably wouldn't be over the moon about it if I were a Leicester fan because I like tradition and history and think it should be honoured but it's quite minor really and I wouldn't let it bother me that much as the primary colour is still blue. 

Yeah, as long as it doesn't become the overriding colour, I'm fine with it. It's not overbearing or dominant. Hope it stays that way otherwise owners will have a riot on their hands. But thankfully our owners have some common sense and are quite in touch with the fans so won't go to any lengths to piss us off. 

4 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Schalke's new shirt will have a contactless payment chip for fans:

https://www.wareable.com/smart-clothing/schalke-smart-jersey-pay-4516

It'll let supporters pay for things in the stadium at a (presumably small) discount. Pretty fucking cool if you ask me

Tampa Bay Lightning Season Ticket holders were given a jersey, in which the 'ticket' was a chip that you could scan located in the sleeve. I thought THAT was pretty fucking cool

Not a fan of the new Dortmund kit, or the one this season tbh. 

Its a shame because even in the last decade they've had some quality kits, I even really liked the asymmetrical traffic-marking-y one from 2014-15 that people didn't seem so keen on. 

On Thu May 18 2017 at 9:08 PM, Stan said:

first thing I was going to say, too. Red numbering/lettering looks rubbish. 

On Thu May 18 2017 at 9:02 PM, Smiley Culture said:

Red on a Newcastle shirt is just wrong. 

It's because it is the 125th anniversary of the club and back in the days before computer graphic designs the numbers on the back of the shirt used to be red. The likes of Milburn wore a red number 9. It's not something they've just plucked out of their arse by mistake.

1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

It's because it is the 125th anniversary of the club and back in the days before computer graphic designs the numbers on the back of the shirt used to be red. The likes of Milburn wore a red number 9. It's not something they've just plucked out of their arse by mistake.

That's a first for Newcastle under this regime, then. Didn't realise there was a significance but I still don't really like it. Always quite liked the gold lettering on the back of the Newcastle shirts. 

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

When did Leicester start using gold? Is it a historic thing? Because I always associated them with blue and white not blue and gold. 

It's our owners doing. Sure of it. I'm not at all comfortable with that personally. It's getting more and more and more obvious too.

I don't like ours. Sleeves are a shambles, gold instead of white and it's another template kit. Does absolutely nothing for me. Not good.

Archived