The better place to talk football.

New Season, New Kit

football forum

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
4 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Are the Premier League badges being canned or just reduced to one per shirt so that clubs can slap another unnecessary sponsor upon their shirts?

yep one sleeve.

5 hours ago, Cannabis said:

f279dd445ac28956e89fd56174abff6c.png

Everton (Third Kit): Lovely that, by far the best of our three.

What an absolute odd choice of colours to have for a third kit. Surely they won't use that against teams playing in Blue. You'd think they would look for Yellow or something as a third. so it's quite differential.

Who are they going to play against in that kit? Most the teams they will play they can just use their home or second?

8 hours ago, Lucas said:

What an absolute odd choice of colours to have for a third kit. Surely they won't use that against teams playing in Blue. You'd think they would look for Yellow or something as a third. so it's quite differential.

Who are they going to play against in that kit? Most the teams they will play they can just use their home or second?

Have you seen Celtic's kit this year? All three are green. None of this makes any sense.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

A bit standard, but I've seen much worse. I preferred last year's one with the stripes broken at the bottom because it was genuinely unique.

camiseta-jugador-primera-equipacion-1516

Infact the one you're talking about (last season) is still their best seller and continue to produce it!!! xD

What I do love is the new blue on the shorts and you can't see the reality of the blue in that picture...  I'm thinking of getting just the shorts.

In this picture you can appreciate a bit better what I mean with that blue in the game they played at home against Reus today.

15033475560983.jpg

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

camiseta-jugador-primera-equipacion-1516

Infact the one you're talking about (last season) is still their best seller and continue to produce it!!! xD

What I do love is the new blue on the shorts and you can't see the reality of the blue in that picture...  I'm thinking of getting just the shorts.

In this picture you can appreciate a bit better what I mean with that blue in the game they played at home against Reus today.

15033475560983.jpg

Perfect for stomping around your nan's house in :ph34r: my only complaint would be the prominence of the Hummel chevrons

Dunno if I agree with footyheadlines on this one: they're saying this season's Real Sociedad jersey is one of the 5 worst in La Liga. And goes on to say that the currrent Barca jersey is one of the top 5 best in la Liga.

I like the classy/classic/vintage look of La Real's new jersey. On the pitch it looks really good. Same reason I think Milan's jersey this season also looks amazing. (Not a fan of AC Milan (prefer Internazionale as a club since childhood))

They correctly ranked the Valencia away jersey with the senyera in the top 5. I also like their home jersey. Big and bold.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/06/real-sociedad-17-18-home-and-away-kits.html

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/08/the-5-best-5-worst-2017-18-la-liga-kits.html

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently we'll be releasing a commemorative all black kit.

new-balance-liverpool-blackout-kit-2.jpg

I dislike it for two reasons:

1) It's hideous.
2) I can see us wearing this against red&white teams (Southampton, Stoke, etc.) because of a potential clash between their kit any one of our current kits (red, white, orange). We already have three kits. I don't want to see fourth kits become a thing.

5 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

It's grey. Grey shirts are, more often than not, utterly hideous and this is no exception. 

Whats it even commemorating? 

It's definitely black mate, it's just that the lighting makes it look grey because it's disgustingly shiny. The article which I forgot to link has another picture which is clearer: https://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/09/new-balance-liverpool-blackout-kit.html

new-balance-liverpool-blackout-kit-3.jpg

As for what it's commemorating, I have absolutely no idea.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

It's definitely black mate, it's just that the lighting makes it look grey because it's disgustingly shiny. The article which I forgot to link has another picture which is clearer: https://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/09/new-balance-liverpool-blackout-kit.html

apparently you can't play teams like Southampton because the red, white and orange kits would clash.

So it's commemorating a shit lack of preparation and design flaw :D 

31 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

You're right. Definitely looks grey on that first picture you posted. 

Someone needs sacking for allowing Liverpool to have three kits that clash with various teams. 

Archived