The better place to talk football.

New Season, New Kit

football forum

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Any O'Brien said:

That Brighton kit is awful I think.

Ours definitely has a sponsor, definitely a Chinese company thought to be that Fun88 but it isn't confirmed yet.

It's confirmed now.

I don't really like it with that logo on, but anything is better than Wonga I suppose.

56 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Nothing bad about that. It should be Chang on the shirt but it looks very good.

Have to see that being worn because like that, I personally don't like it at all.  There's just nothing right about it.

1 minute ago, VanPanna said:

Looks very much like Man Utd away kit this season.

Templates unfortunately.  You can't get away from it which is why I love Kappa who design kits for individual clubs.

16 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Vitesse:

macron-vitesse-17-18-away-kit-2.jpg.21049e3197c22ac3a48bc5feab1690fb.jpg

5919e39b5bae2_vitesse-2017-18-kit(3).jpg.91f34a5a99cfadcccc009a1ef1616cad.jpg

I used to love Vitesse Arnhem before Roman Abramovich destroyed the club and the history of it!   but there is one special thing they do every year which goes unnoticed in Europe,  they never forget what the Royal Airforce done during the war and they change their kit to the colours of the  regimental of the 1st Airborne division.  To remember the battle of Arnhem as well as invited the veterans to the game every year.

vitesse-16-17-airborne-kit-front

vitesse-16-17-airborne-kit-match.jpg

vitesse-16-17-airborne-kit-back.jpg

battle-of-arnhem-veteran-johnny-peters-f

42 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

MAIN-NEW-EVERTON-201718-HOME-KIT.jpg

NEW-EVERTON-201718-HOME-KIT.jpg

I don't know what it is, but this looks extremely ugly to me. It could be the two tones of blue; I can't think of an example where that ever looks good in any colour, especially in a geometric pattern like that.

Also, people complain about the adidas stripes and overly conspicuous sponsors, but that Umbro thing on the sleeves is just as egregious in my opinion.

• Administrator

God damn, that Everton kit is a massive misjudgment by the club and Umbro. Beauty in simplicity and that's just too damn busy and reminiscent of ugly kits churned out in the tasteless 80s and early 90s

Yep... Have no problem with the retro Umbro symbols going along the sleeves.  I remember Admiral ones doing that and they were great back in the day.  My problem with that top is the dark blue bits under the armpits.  Maybe when it's worn it looks better, but on that viewing it's not all that nice.

8 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

That Everton kit should have a bit more white in it and it would be absolutely fine. It's not a bad shirt though. 

I was thinking that myself after I posted...  If those darker blue patches were white then it might look better.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don't know if I like this but I definitely don't hate it. I just noticed that Marco Reus is kinda odd looking.

Ronaldo-statue odd looking?

Archived