• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Beijing Winter Olympics

football forum

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/14/1080501383/russian-figure-skater-kamila-valieva-olympics-2022

Bullshit is all I have to say. 

""Preventing the athlete to compete at the Olympic Games would cause her irreparable harm in these circumstances," said CAS director general Matthieu Reeb at a press conference on Monday, noting that her young age made the case particularly sensitive."

Here's my take on this, if you're caught cheating then you cheated. Your age and your fragile mindset is not and should not be of any concern. Are you now going to punish the rest of the young athletes who didn't take any banned substances and rob them of a podium finish at the event? There is no age to learn that cheating is wrong and what the IOC/CAS have done here is stupid. 

10 hours ago, Mel81x said:

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/14/1080501383/russian-figure-skater-kamila-valieva-olympics-2022

Bullshit is all I have to say. 

""Preventing the athlete to compete at the Olympic Games would cause her irreparable harm in these circumstances," said CAS director general Matthieu Reeb at a press conference on Monday, noting that her young age made the case particularly sensitive."

Here's my take on this, if you're caught cheating then you cheated. Your age and your fragile mindset is not and should not be of any concern. Are you now going to punish the rest of the young athletes who didn't take any banned substances and rob them of a podium finish at the event? There is no age to learn that cheating is wrong and what the IOC/CAS have done here is stupid. 

I don't quite get what they are saying. It seems as if they are saying that the investigation was done to late. And if it was done on time she would have been cleared to compete. If that was the case I would support her being  allowed go compete because she won't get a chance to compete at that games again. As much as it is harsh on the other competitors if she is stripped of the medal they will get theirs  eventually. Where as if she is banned in a games where she should be allowed to compete  she wont get another chance.  Its  not nice but the least unfair of the two in my opinion.  But I'm  not sure if that is what they are even saying 

I think  being emotionally manipulated to cheat is not necessarily an excuse but a reasonable explanation in my opinion. The reason I think that is because alot of people at 15 could be manipulated if put under pressure to cheat by a lot of people.  Probably a large majority of 15 year olds would do the same 

• Administrator
On 17/02/2022 at 22:40, Tommy said:

I feel sorry for that poor 15 year old Russian figure skater. 

She has been treated terribly.

I get that some coaches go down the tough love route, but there's still opportune moments to offer support and care. She didn't get that, and needed it especially after the whole drugs thing. 

Generally with Winter Olympics, I'm in awe of all the athletes. Regularly stunned at how talented and skilful they are. The speed and air they get on so many events is just surreal. 

Archived