talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How has covid affected you?

football forum

• Subscriber

I can remember when I would get the flu many moons ago, that would knock me for six, headaches, sweating, sneezing, hot & cold symptoms, it would take me a good 2 weeks to shake it off, but since I get the flu jab once a year for the last 8 years I think it is, the full flu is a distant memory for me nowadays.

Once I get the yearly flu jab I might get small symptoms of the flu but that lasts for about 8 hours max then just disappears. 

Reading all of these Covid threads in here and all the media it sounds like (to me) another form of flu, mostly all the same symptoms, but I have had my 2 Covid jabs plus the booster so as far as I am concerned (and the wife) that's it, no more bloody jabs for us.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never had the flu jabs yet would feel rough for 3 or 4 days yet you just got on with it.

If I got mucus or phlegm would just cut out dairy and that would go and just leave mild joint aches that would clear up pretty quickly. 

Always got the feeling that working parents got it from their kids.

I feel like some people have let their fear of getting COVID really become completely self defeating. 

Of course COVID poses at least some risk for everyone, even young healthy people. But there are some people I know, who don’t have any exacerbating conditions, who are still at a point where they won’t let anyone into their flat or even meet anyone indoors at a restaurant or cafe. 

I believe in safeguarding life, but I do not believe in completely avoiding deaths at any cost. There is more to life than just keeping your heart beating and your lungs breathing. We can’t make national policy on the basis that nobody is ever allowed to die - nor can you just refuse to do anything when there are quite reasonable steps you can take that on the aggregate make a big difference in reducing deaths. 

So I’ve got my three doses. I happily wear a mask and keep my distance from strangers. I’m happy to book a place in a bar or restaurant in advance. I’d even be fine in principle with a well-defined lockdown to prevent a failure of the healthcare system - with the proper supporting measures.

But I’d rather accept a chance of dying than live like a hermit for two years, with no prospect of it ending. A lot of people have trapped themselves in that way of living and never let up, as if they’re expecting that one day someone will tell them “COVID is over”. And it’s never going to happen.

Never had it, as far as I know. Which is quite surprising as I have not social distanced or owt like for the last 9 months or so and been to a variety of sporting events, parties etc etc. Full of 5G though, had 3 doses of it so assume that helps with this. 

Lassy I went to school with and her dad passed away with the cunt though back in February, bless them. 

Sick of the fucker now mind. Don’t think I could hack another few months of doing nothing but going to work and scranning takeaways day in, day out and nowt else. 

• Subscriber

Things have not changed for me, I have had my 3 jabs, if I had the bloody thing before then I am fucked if I knew it, I know I have been to my local surgery for my local checkups with the doc or nurse and they have always given me the all-clear.

In the last 3 years, I have had check-ups regularly because of my age and my health conditions (COPD, Asthma, Sciatica and a Heart Failure condition) but I am ok, I don't have to wear a mask if I don't want to because ot the health conditions mentioned above but I still wear one but keep my nostrils uncovered, if I feel like coughing or sneezing then I will cover my nostrils so anybody near me will not get upset because I am spluttering all over them lol.

Archived