talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What’s the Italian term for the (Ultra?) who conducts the crowd with the loudspeaker/megaphone?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Rossonero Dhamiano said:

Hi all,

I’m a Milan fan rediscovering Serie A again (and Italian lingo!), and was wondering;

What’s the Italian term for the (Ultra?) who conducts the crowd with the loudspeaker/megaphone?

Is there a general term for that chap, or does it vary club to club/region to region?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

In The Netherlands at my club Ajax, we have ultras called The F-side due to the stand they are in and a Capo with the mega phone, his name is Dani, the former leader called Carlo was killed in fight between Ajax and Feyenoord fans.  The fireworks and banners are called Tifo.

Ajax-Panathinaikos-1.jpg

Ajax - Feyenoord 27.10.2019

ULTRAS on Twitter: "Ajax Amsterdam 💪 https://t.co/5ZQu6ohYpc" / Twitter

@Rossonero Dhamiano - what's your favourite Milan tifo?

I'm a Liverpool fan - but I've always loved AC Milan, since the first time I saw them on Football Italia as a kid, and I think they've had some very cool tifos. I think some AC Milan ultras are crazy (booing Maldini in his final match ever for Milan? Insane! The man is a living legend!) but there's no doubt they're capable of creating a brilliant atmosphere.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@Rossonero Dhamiano - what's your favourite Milan tifo?

I'm a Liverpool fan - but I've always loved AC Milan, since the first time I saw them on Football Italia as a kid, and I think they've had some very cool tifos. I think some AC Milan ultras are crazy (booing Maldini in his final match ever for Milan? Insane! The man is a living legend!) but there's no doubt they're capable of creating a brilliant atmosphere.

I loved AC Milan also as a kid when they had the Dutch Trio but I am not a fan of their Tifo after what they did against Ajax around 2011, showing a banner with Ajax players taking a shower in a concentration camp due to the Jewish heritage at the club. 

Just now, Panna King said:

I loved AC Milan also as a kid when they had the Dutch Trio but I am not a fan of their Tifo after what they did against Ajax around 2011, showing a banner with Ajax players taking a shower in a concentration camp due to the Jewish heritage at the club. 

Holy shit, that's incredibly fucked up!

10 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Yep it is, I would expect this from maybe Lazio due to their fascist links but not from Milan, maybe it was done as a joke but extremely distasteful.

Even if it's a "joke" the Holocaust isn't really the greatest thing to joke about. It's like when people make the "hiss" noise at Spurs fans (also big Jewish links to their fanbase) - it's done to get a rise out of fans, but it's not really okay at all. A racist joke is racist, even if it's just a joke. An anti-Semitic joke is anti-Semitic, by the same token.

I don't even see how that could be construed as a joke though. It's just something that shouldn't ever happen in the era we live in. Sad people are still like this to their fellow man.

Archived