talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 22 Matches - 14-16th January, 2022

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Aston Villa XI: Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Digne, Sanson, Douglas Luiz, Ramsey, Watkins, Ings, Buendia

Subs: Steer, Targett, Young, Coutinho, Hayden, Hause, Chukwuemeka, Archer, Iroegbunam

Man Utd XI: De Gea, Dalot, Lindelof, Varane, Telles, Fred, Matic, Greenwood, Bruno Fernandes, Elanga, Cavani

Subs: Heaton, Henderson, Jones, Maguire, Mata, Lingard, Sancho, Van de Beek

I think Villa could get a result here..... 

• Subscriber

Funny looking back at how I was told in the summer that I was being irrational about how painfully bad the Benitez appointment was and some even claiming he'd be the best Everton manager in our lifetime (far from the only culprit but @Dr. Gonzo said these actual words at one point and people need to know :ph34r:).

"If you stop being biased and look past his Liverpool history, you'll realise he's the best available right now."

Fuck off. I genuinely got so much of that shit on here as if him being washed up in the bottom half of the Chinese Super League wasn't a legitimate concern. The Liverpool history was about 5th or 6th on my list when he was appointed and all of the concerns above that and including it have been categorically fulfilled. You can all form an orderly queue to admit that you have about as much clout to comment on footballing matters as Paul Merson.

I'm exaggerating how 'rattled' I am. You can still apologise admit how catastrophically wrong you were. If you want to, then feel free, but the truth is I barely care. Benitez needs to go and he's needed to go since some point in November. There was a game aaaages ago when I said "he's done after that" and I can't remember which one because there are many such performances to choose from, but I was right. I've seen enough Everton managers fail now to be able to pinpoint the point of no return when I see it. It's upsetting how long it's taken some "massive Bloos" on social media but I think the whole fanbase has belatedly made it there.

It's an incredible achievement from Benitez to inflict more probably long term damage on the club in half a season than Walsh and Koeman together took 18 months to reach, but he, as a problem, pails into insignificance compared to the owner.

Farhad Moshiri has become an absolute cancer on this football club. I'm not joking when I say he can shove that fucking stadium up his arse. He should he nowhere near our football club. He ignored all of the people WHO HE EMPLOYED because they know about football and he doesn't, in order to make this terrible appointment, and the way he runs the club is epitomised by this week's story that the manager who he has ripped half of the club apart to give his backing to, didn't want to sign Anwar El Ghazi, turned him down three times, but the owner signs him anyway because he has a relationship with the player's agent.

The best I can hope for is that we sack the manager and the temporary bounce the club gets under Duncan Ferguson or whoever else it is allows us to scrape together enough points to get clear of the relegation battle. But as long as Moshiri is calling the shots or even some of them, we are absolutely fucking fucked. 

Moshiri, like I say, is the cancer. Benitez is a big, hairy mole by comparison. Getting rid of a big, hairy mole isn't going to cure your cancer, but you still do it, don't you.

34 minutes ago, Dan said:

Benitez has got to go tonight. They're in a relegation battle at this point.

Feels like it will only be a boring and predictable pick with Nuno though. The bonus being he is free.

Perhaps a short term contract to the end of the season would suffice. Do enough to steer away from trouble and then review at the end of the season.

Personally, if they went down or not, Dyche feels like a good candidate. I can really see him at Everton.

45 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

Always find it mental when players go ham celebrating goals like that. You smashed it at the goalkeeper and hoped for the best and he dropped it into the net, pipe down.

What’s he meant to do? Hold a funeral for the bloke?

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

What’s he meant to do? Hold a funeral for the bloke?

Would genuinely be more justified than a massive knee slide and all the ear cupping because the goalkeeper chucked the ball in the net for him. It's basically an own goal.

5 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

Would genuinely be more justified than a massive knee slide and all the ear cupping because the goalkeeper chucked the ball in the net for him. It's basically an own goal.

And? It’s still a goal? Christ, I know supporting Everton can make a bloke cynical but cheer up :ph34r:

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

And? It’s still a goal? Christ, I know supporting Everton can make a bloke cynical but cheer up :ph34r:

I don't care that much mate. Just a passing comment. Wasn't even saying it was just him.

• The title was changed to Other PL Round 22 Matches - 14-16th January, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived