talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 22 Matches - 14-16th January, 2022

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coutinho instantly showing his class.

I believe there is an option to buy clause, so will be interesting to see how he & the side do for the remainder of the season.

That's 4 points out the Man United games this season & yet still feel done over by them.

Everton, Leeds & Newcastle up next. All lower in the table, but all desperate for points.

2 hours ago, RondónEFC said:

Always find it mental when players go ham celebrating goals like that. You smashed it at the goalkeeper and hoped for the best and he dropped it into the net, pipe down.

In snooker & tennis players apologise for flukes.

In cricket players do not get the runs in some instances, only the team score as extras.

Even in football if a player scores against someone he literally quit from.. he often doesn't celebrate.

But a dreadful shot that would otherwise go for a thrown in, ricochets of a defenders arse & finds its way to the opposite top corner & it's like they've won the lottery. Or the ultra rich equivalent.

Realistically, footballs just not really a 'gentlemans game' ..really.. Not with all the diving & selling to refs, etc.

At a loss with United at the moment. We are so mentally weak its awful to watch.

If we don't do any business this window we are going to struggle to finish above 6th in the league. 

Also what on earth is going on with Sancho, given the pursuit went on two years you'd have expected more from him for the money. Elanga has come from our youth set up, cost us nothing and looks to want it more.

10 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

In snooker & tennis players apologise for flukes.

In cricket players do not get the runs in some instances, only the team score as extras.

Even in football if a player scores against someone he literally quit from.. he often doesn't celebrate.

But a dreadful shot that would otherwise go for a thrown in, ricochets of a defenders arse & finds its way to the opposite top corner & it's like they've won the lottery. Or the ultra rich equivalent.

Realistically, footballs just not really a 'gentlemans game' ..really.. Not with all the diving & selling to refs, etc.

Yeah, you shouldn’t have celebrated that lucky first goal. After all, it came off Fred’s toe and luckily found it’s way into the path of a Villa player. You know, if that’s how we’re playing it 🙄

5 minutes ago, Devil said:

At a loss with United at the moment. We are so mentally weak its awful to watch.

If we don't do any business this window we are going to struggle to finish above 6th in the league. 

Also what on earth is going on with Sancho, given the pursuit went on two years you'd have expected more from him for the money. Elanga has come from our youth set up, cost us nothing and looks to want it more.

I'm perplexed by this. I genuinely thought he was the business. I

It's looking likely that minimum 69/70 points will be required to take 4th spot this season, to achieve this United would need to take 37/38 points from a possible 54 remaining. 12 wins from 18.

And play Liverpool (a), City (a), Spurs, Arsenal (a), Chelsea from April onwards. And are yet to put together a winning streak longer than 3 league games.

12 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I'm perplexed by this. I genuinely thought he was the business. I

Your not the only one, I even couldn't believe Southgate wouldn't play him during the summer.

But looking at his level of performance, he had it spot on. He doesn't seem to have the hunger.

9 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

United are so far behind Citeh, Liverpool and Chelsea it’s unreal. Actually, it’s embarrassing considering what we’ve spent. I genuinely don’t know where we’re going from here.

Personally think Arsenal are on a better track then us now as well, they seem to have a system in place and are slowly piecing together the suitable players to fit their squad.

Then you have Spurs, I wouldn't say there was much in it between us and them other than Conte.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

It's looking likely that minimum 69/70 points will be required to take 4th spot this season, to achieve this United would need to take 37/38 points from a possible 54 remaining. 12 wins from 18.

And play Liverpool (a), City (a), Spurs, Arsenal (a), Chelsea from April onwards. And are yet to put together a winning streak longer than 3 league games.

Never happening, we haven't got the squad capable of it.

It's Europa league at best next season unless we can pull a miracle and win the Champions league.

20 minutes ago, Devil said:

Your not the only one, I even couldn't believe Southgate wouldn't play him during the summer.

But looking at his level of performance, he had it spot on. He doesn't seem to have the hunger.

Personally think Arsenal are on a better track then us now as well, they seem to have a system in place and are slowly piecing together the suitable players to fit their squad.

Then you have Spurs, I wouldn't say there was much in it between us and them other than Conte.

Tbf to Sancho, and I know you won't agree, he was coached by someone who I don't really think knew what he was doing in Ole. I think he will blossom. But your atmosphere is not good for the younger lads.

So much potential there. If you fuck Greenwood then you deserve prison time.

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

United are so far behind Citeh, Liverpool and Chelsea it’s unreal. Actually, it’s embarrassing considering what we’ve spent. I genuinely don’t know where we’re going from here.

Yeah even if one of them fuck up the other 2 are likely to progress. Not a chance all 3 mess up at the same time for a team to capitalise on. And even then, you'd think Arsenal (due to not having Europe this season) may get their act together. Spurs will be spursy... 

Ignoring the Liverpool link, it seemed apparant from the outset that Rafa Benitez at Everton in the modern era was never going to work out. Teams that play his favoured brand of football with the defensive wingers tend to finish in the bottom half of divisons. Roy Hodgson at Crystal Palace and Sean Dyche at Burnley have shown its beneficial for certain football clubs in a particular cycle. But this is Everton. A side that have been mainstays in the Premier League since its inception, have spent a lot of money and quite rightly have had ambitions for a long time to break in to the top six. Even with the cost cutting method they were about to embark on it seemed like a car crash waiting to happen.

I think they'll stay up this season, but Moshiri has to make sure they have the absolute right person in charge for next season. They'll more than likely lose Calvert-Lewin or Richarlison to balance books and the next two seasons will effectively be tough until they get FFP wriggle room again.

• The title was changed to Other PL Round 22 Matches - 14-16th January, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived