talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 22 Matches - 14-16th January, 2022

14 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Honestly, we're cursed.

Make a great start at West Ham, go a goal up and we lose Forshaw and Firpo to hamstring injuries in the same minute, barely 20mins in.

Oh, and if you are watching Arsenal, we have brought on 19 year old Lewis Bate and 18 year old Leo Hjelde for their Premier League debuts.

P.S Including the bench, we started with 12 senior players.

Take note Premier League please.

Just say you got a Covid case or two. Problem solved. :)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the first half an hour we were much better than the other night, more urgency about us. Went to shit from about 30-40 though. Back on top the last few minutes. Good timing for the goal.

I think we need to accept we probably aren't going to be blowing teams away during this period so keeping it tight is important. I'd take a 1-0 or 2-0 without doubt.

7 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Great half from Leeds. 

Yeah, I thought we did alright. Shame it wasn't 3-1.

Could have done with James finishing that chance when put clean through but then again, what should we really be expecting for £26m...

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yeah, I thought we did alright. Shame it wasn't 3-1.

Could have done with James finishing that chance when put clean through but then again, what should we really be expecting for £26m...

You leave that Welsh beauty alone. Rather him than some of the dross we have at the minute. At least he puts in a shift.

9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think the first half an hour we were much better than the other night, more urgency about us. Went to shit from about 30-40 though. Back on top the last few minutes. Good timing for the goal.

I think we need to accept we probably aren't going to be blowing teams away during this period so keeping it tight is important. I'd take a 1-0 or 2-0 without doubt.

Yes but that's embarrassing didn't you know?

If we don't win 7 - 0 and have £600m sat on the bench then we are being failed!

Thought you'd know that by now Mike.

17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Two players go to AFCON and our most threatening attackers are CBs?

Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jota and Firmino should have a word with themselves because that’s embarrassing.

Chill out ffs. It's half time and we're winning. 

You and Rick are like spoilt kids sometimes you really are.

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

You leave that Welsh beauty alone. Rather him than some of the dross we have at the minute. At least he puts in a shift.

He does in fairness. Very honest player and isn't letting us down in a position unfamiliar to him against two brick shithouses.

Looks very dangerous in this game

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Fuck off mate

I will, when you stop whinging.

These front three have barely ever played together in a league game because Salah and Mane own their places. 

Give them a fucking chance before you label them 'embarrassing' after 40 minutes for fucks sake.

Ill tell you what's embarrassing... Utd failing as they are with all their resources... Everton sacking manager after manager whilst spending more than us.

40 minutes of football not playing well is hardly embarrassing. 

Sort yourself out.

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I will, when you stop whinging.

These front three have barely ever played together in a league game because Salah and Mane own their places. 

Give them a fucking chance before you label them 'embarrassing' after 40 minutes for fucks sake.

You can have an embarrassing 5 minutes or 30 seconds, how does 40 minutes have a bearing.

Like I’ve told you now shitloads of times… this is a football forum, we’re allowed to have differing opinions. It’s not like I’m sat in the fucking stands booing.

If you can’t handle people having different opinions about a football match to you, I’d suggest maybe not being on a football forum.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

You can have an embarrassing 5 minutes or 30 seconds, how does 40 minutes have a bearing.

Like I’ve told you now shitloads of times… this is a football forum, we’re allowed to have differing opinions. It’s not like I’m sad in the fucking stands booing.

If you can’t handle people having different opinions about a football match to you, I’d suggest maybe not being on a football forum.

And I suggest you chill the fuck out and watch the club you claim to love play the second half before labelling them embarrassing. 

As you say, we are all allowed our opinion. Mine is just as relevant as yours. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

And I suggest you chill the fuck out and watch the club you claim to love play the second half before labelling them embarrassing. 

As you say, we are all allowed our opinion. Mine is just as relevant as yours. 

Your response that elicited me telling you to fuck off was more an opinion about me than an opinion about the football match tbf 

Fuck me, what a performance this is lads.

West Ham have been much better second half, peg us back again and we only go and make it 3-2. 9 senior players and 2 kids. I love how much we're scrapping here. 

Win, lose or draw, this is what we all expect to see from our sides, fighting to the end and having a bloody go, and if they give it their all, it makes results easier to accept. If we lose this, so be it.

This may well end in heartache but what a brilliant brilliant watch this.

Proud as punch.

• The title was changed to Other PL Round 22 Matches - 14-16th January, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived