talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Apprentice - Season 16

football forum

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It used to be one of my favourite shows, but lost a bit of interest after it was cancelled due to Covid. I've just caught up with the first two episodes and while it's decent, it's proper rinse/repeat stuff with people you wouldn't want to manage your bathwater, nevermind a business. 

• Subscriber

Always watch it for the entertainment factor but that's not what it should be solely about. The candidates in the last few series have been complete and utter idiots with hardly any credible business acumen. 

• Administrator

Just caught up on the first two episodes. 

The guys are terrible. So shit. The first few weeks are always about weeding out the shite. I don't think anyone would be averse to the idea of Lord Sugar firing all the guys to be honest. They're embarrassing but that's part of the entertainment. 

18 hours ago, 6666 said:

The boys team seem like absolute dogshit and with their obsession with incorporating turds into their designs, they'd probably take it as a compliment.

It is funny though. You'd think they wouldn't be able to top what they came up with in the first place but they eclipsed themselves. That's the only credit I can give them as that was impressive to do. 

100% agree, all the guys are horrific.

The only thing that could save all their bacon is the mixing of the groups.

Thought Francesca was brilliant in her last task, not only shown brilliant leadership skills, presentation skills and sales.

Clear favourite with me.

And upon googling I've just found out Shama has left the show on medical grounds. So we have lost one girl at least.

I haven't seen the third episode yet but I'm glad they've seemingly avoided having a character that's in it for the entertainment purpose of seeing them get destroyed in the interview process.

The guy that went in the first episode must have really pissed everybody in the process off to get eliminated ahead of the team leader and sub team leader to more levels than they showed on television.

Second episode I presume the rugby guy with little to no business experience went ahead of the team leader who created turd brush because they realised he was never going to win and there wasn't anything more to his character.

All the girls seem pretty good so far and a few of the boys may come to the fore later on as there's a couple of strong alpha males there that may stand out once they get rid of more of the shit ones.

Just watched the third episode... Francesca is head and shoulders above everybody else at the minute. The girls on the losing team got really exposed in that task.

Navid was a cert to go really. When people don't trust you to do anything after three weeks you're in big trouble.

• Administrator

Alex properly fucked this up. 

Shot himself in the foot so much. On top of royally messing up so many elements in the task. 

Amy needs to fuck off. Back stabby. 

I take back anything remotely positive I may have said about the boys previously. They've all shown time and time again that they're all absolutely useless.

As for the women Amy, Harpeet, Kathryn and Sophie don't seem as good as they think they are. 

Brittany and Stephanie haven't really been on enough to form an opinion of either way so far.

If Francesca doesn't make the interview stage to put her business proposition forward then they may as well cancel the show. She's stood out in every task so far, she's a good leader, she's a team player, she gets along with everybody, she can sell, she can catch fish. It wouldn't surprise if she can play football better than everybody on this forum too.

• Subscriber

The last episode, don't know her name but she should have went. She was the team leader on the task, others were blatantly caught bullshitting and she only brought the 2 in because they were male in my opinion. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, MUFC said:

The last episode, don't know her name but she should have went. She was the team leader on the task, others were blatantly caught bullshitting and she only brought the 2 in because they were male in my opinion. 

Sophie. She was horrible that task. Lied her way through. 

Francesca genuinely is the only one on the show I'd consider a serious candidate.

For me the biggest amazement so far is how Aaron has survived so many weeks, he's so negative and miserable I almost think he needs removing from the process for lack of enthusiasm. It's almost like the camera men are deliberately catching his miserable face ☹️ 

On 30/01/2022 at 15:43, The Palace Fan said:

If Francesca doesn't make the interview stage to put her business proposition forward then they may as well cancel the show. She's stood out in every task so far, she's a good leader, she's a team player, she gets along with everybody, she can sell, she can catch fish. It wouldn't surprise if she can play football better than everybody on this forum too.

.... Then she can't spell Arctic.

Stephanie may be an early background character that makes the final. Talk about making Chicken Salad out of Chicken Shit with that game.

Something went on with Francesca off screen on this episode, she turned into a complete bitch with Sophie and shot her down every time she dared to attempt to speak. Whether it was the task or board room she was horrible.

I thought she was the strongest candidate up to now but I'm convinced there was more to it than a simple spelling mistake that any of you three could have picked up on.

Archived