talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Apprentice - Season 16

football forum

Sugar always says that he only looks at the business proposals towards the end of the series but that's absolutely bollocks IMO, some of the firings are probably down to shit business ideas. They aren't going to want 5 shite businesses at the end, so those with investable business are going to be looked at favourably in the boardrooms. 

I agree that Francesca stood out as being fantastic, but she had a nightmare in that task. Not being able to spell "Arctic" and basically going to war all episode with the other girl (who is also a massive whopper I'll add) sealed her fate for me. 

Madness that Akheem is still there, what an absolute clanger.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amy and Aaron both should have gone last night. There is no way on this earth Aaron is a salesman, people buy off people and I would never buy off a man with a face so miserable.

Both are down the bottom end of the candidates this year and it's it's really low bar this series.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Devil said:

Amy and Aaron both should have gone last night. There is no way on this earth Aaron is a salesman, people buy off people and I would never buy off a man with a face so miserable.

Both are down the bottom end of the candidates this year and it's it's really low bar this series.

Yeah I saw he was very disinterested or not bothered at times. 

So glad Amy has gone though. Had that vindictive, deceptive trait to her. Would happily stick the knife in the PM while she ducked out of that specific duty, then have an overly nice tone to her when she's speaking to Sugar as if butter wouldn't melt. Couldn't stand her at all. 

59 minutes ago, Stan said:

So glad Amy has gone though. Had that vindictive, deceptive trait to her. Would happily stick the knife in the PM while she ducked out of that specific duty, then have an overly nice tone to her when she's speaking to Sugar as if butter wouldn't melt. Couldn't stand her at all. 

Not seen this week's yet, but made up Amy has gone for the above. Came across as really fake to the point of actually being dangerous.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

The worst kind of people they are, looking for praise by being false whilst basically offering nothing.

Sugar marked Aaron's card, he's a gonner for sure. He's just got to keep the numbers up for the series.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Not seen this week's yet, but made up Amy has gone for the above. Came across as really fake to the point of actually being dangerous.

Bet to avoid till thread till you've caught up.

3 hours ago, MUFC said:

Bet to avoid till thread till you've caught up.

Oh I'm not that invested anymore, it's gone from being quite a serious business show to being just another copy/paste reality TV flick. Funny and something to watch on an evening, but not something I get too fussed about tbh.

Not to mention how badly scripted it is behind the scenes.

Amy has looked quite lost on most of the tasks so it made sense as it was just about a matter of time before she was gone. For a second I thought Kathryn was going to be fired which would've been a shock. Aaron continues to be unimpressive as well and can't see him going that much further.

Translation: Thankfully the hot one wasn't fired.

Lord Sugar must wanna clear the decks with this lot, honestly this is the biggest bunch of rejects I've ever seen on the show. I honestly believe there isn't a single contestant this year that wouldn't have been sent packing in week one or two of the earlier shows.

Electric driverless transport pods, the challenge to design your own with the added bonus you can sell to a corporate client. We got a party bus and a something that looked like transport in a kiddies theme park.

Why wouldn't you just pick a standard colour like maroon with leather seated interior with a few drink cup holders and laptop/tablet stands. Maybe suggested you left it one colour and simple so they could sell advertising space. Both pods looked like they were designed by a bunch of school children.

It seems like they're getting the right people now on a weekly basis.

Think Stephanie is the front runner atm. The boys have been pretty poor overall and I don't think Harpreet and Brittany are as impressive as they think they are. 

Brittany in particular is tone deaf to any criticism.

On 11/02/2022 at 08:01, Stan said:

I think that was her own undoing in the end. On more than one occasion she nominated someone else as PM and then threw them under a bus. Lord Sugar saw through it.

Harpeet's another whose happy to point out that doing something was 'hard work' because of her teams leader or sub-leader.

Akeem is pretty bad to be fair, I'd imagine he's an intelligent lad who seems tech savvy but his leadership skills are as bad as I've seen.

And what's up with everyone's negotiation skills, in nearly ever corporate meeting so far someone has forgotten to ask key questions, surely they take a list of notes in with them as a prompt.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Devil said:

Terrible for weeks, actually think she was close to walking last week she looked broken.

Prior to his decision, you could see her eyes watering.

I think she knew it was coming.

7 hours ago, Devil said:

And what's up with everyone's negotiation skills, in nearly ever corporate meeting so far someone has forgotten to ask key questions, surely they take a list of notes in with them as a prompt.

I don't think they're allowed too.

Lottie from the last series did a questions thing on TikTok recently to remain relevant where she revealed some of the things they do to make the show more interesting. The two I remember are that you're only allowed to pick certain colours when choosing a design (hence why we keep seeing green and brown together), and when you choose a name for your design the producers have to check its not already licensed. So sometimes they get to there ninth name and it looks like they spent two hours choosing a name that they know is awful.

• Administrator

Right choice yesterday. She had an absolute mare, telling the team one thing, changing her mind, then not telling the team she changed it back. 

Party theme anyway was shite for the people they needed to pitch to. They look tiny anyway so what kind of party can you even have in there xD

I think Kathryn will go furthest, perhaps along with Stephanie. 

Nick is useless. Just looks aloof and out of his depth whenever he is talking to another human. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

All 4 back in the boardroom! 

Potential double firing? 

I think Lord Sugar has recognised that the women tend to stick together and force blame on to the boys. Whilst the boys have been consistently terrible, the large failures in recent weeks have been down to the women. So it seemed like a message to the house that he's not standing for a 'defend your friends' culture.

On a positive note I thought the winning team were very good this week. Other than Hakeem but he seems like such a likeable person I want him to get to the interview process anyway.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think Lord Sugar has recognised that the women tend to stick together and force blame on to the boys. Whilst the boys have been consistently terrible, the large failures in recent weeks have been down to the women. So it seemed like a message to the house that he's not standing for a 'defend your friends' culture.

On a positive note I thought the winning team were very good this week. Other than Hakeem but he seems like such a likeable person I want him to get to the interview process anyway.

Harpreet is a bossy bitch but it seemed to work. It really did annoy me how she treated Akeem though. I think she gets over-excited and caught up in her own energy. 

Akeem will get murdered in the interviews xD

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Harpreet is a bossy bitch but it seemed to work. It really did annoy me how she treated Akeem though. I think she gets over-excited and caught up in her own energy. 

Yes, if the reports are true that his business is worth £28 that will make great TV.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Stan said:

I'd love her to order be about in that manner.

Archived