• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Villa Beat Rivals to Terry Signing

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

It sounds like this is actually happening and he has turned down Villa :ph34r:

100k a week 2 year deal plus a option to manage is what's seriously been reported up here. I think we offered something more sensible, i'd take Terry i think it's a good buy for a sensible contract.

started up a bit of banter though

Although it doesn't always work out him being on twitter

xD

Personally, I think he's finished. There's plenty of decent Championship strikers that will get the better of him. It isn't that shit a division that Terry would dominate it just because he's 'John Terry'

But this is classic Redknapp. If he was still at QPR in the Premier League he'd have tried for Terry.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be a bizarre move for him to drop down to the Championship after such a successful career. He is clearly keeping his options open, and if he was that enthusiastic about a move to either Birmingham or Villa he'd have already accepted the deal on offer...

• Subscriber

I'm surprised he's dropping to the Championship when I think he could still get a game at most teams in the bottom half of the Premier League but a good signing for Villa if it goes through. 

19 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm surprised he's dropping to the Championship when I think he could still get a game at most teams in the bottom half of the Premier League but a good signing for Villa if it goes through. 

It's a shocker for me as well, he has enough in the tank to really do well still with a lower table club in the premiership but I think he's going to the championship so he doesn't have to face chelsea out of respect, while still playing in england.

24 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

ESPN saying he's joining the Villa

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3151266/chelsea-legend-john-terry-agrees-to-join-aston-villa-for-year-sources

a year contract to I'm happy with it he'll provide some leadership in that dressing room. 

I'm jealous you have a real leader for the team, wouldn't be shocked if he honestly leads Aston Villa back to the premiership.

6 minutes ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

It's a shocker for me as well, he has enough in the tank to really do well still with a lower table club in the premiership but I think he's going to the championship so he doesn't have to face chelsea out of respect, while still playing in england.

I'm jealous you have a real leader for the team, wouldn't be shocked if he honestly leads Aston Villa back to the premiership.

I think we still need cover for jedinak & a creative midfielder/ second striker. But I'd expect a strong challenge otherwise Bruce will get the chop

14 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I think we still need cover for jedinak & a creative midfielder/ second striker. But I'd expect a strong challenge otherwise Bruce will get the chop

I thought you were shopping a striker from one of the teams that went down?

• The title was changed to Villa Beat Rivals to Terry Signing

Archived