talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 1-0 Chelsea - Saturday 15th January, 2022

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Paying yourself money through dodgy in house sponsorship isn’t boosting revenue 🤣

If it counts it is :ph34r:  ..i don't know why we don't buy Liverpool and transfer Salah & Mane for Mendy like you do on fifa manager the sell them off again lol :4_joy:

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Grealish looks bang average in this team.

I’ve read a couple things about this and I’m not sure where I stand, but essentially Grealish is really good at keeping the ball in this system which is key to City’s game of recycling possession from one side to another.

That finish of his was really shit there but I think the main thing was that we all expected Grealish to be making those darting runs he made for Villa and Pep doesn’t use him for that because the opportunity to lose possession is higher, but what Grealish does do is carry the ball deeper anyway, draws defenders in and then releases to de Bruyne or the full back to switch it.

Feel like the question is did you really need to spend £100m for someone to do that but away from the price tag journos/tactical blogs seem to think he fits into City’s system quite well even if he hasn’t shown the exceptional individuality that you see from Foden or Mahrez. 

6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Grealish looks bang average in this team.

When he was at villa he was their best player. Now at city he isnt, he's surrounded by great players. Hes said himself it has been a struggle for him. He probably needs to get his confidence back

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Had high hopes for Ziyech but he's been underwhelming for Chelsea? 

Should have come to us first :ph34r:

Him and Pulisic have both been underwhelming... compared to the likes of Hazard for example who could not only retain the ball but then be creative enough to carve out chances or go on to score himself.. we need to make changes

• The title was changed to Man City 1-0 Chelsea - Saturday 15th January, 2022

Archived