talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 1-0 Chelsea - Saturday 15th January, 2022

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Chelsea were properly fucking rubbish there. Lukaku & Werner are donkeys and leaving it until the 77th minute to bring on Mount was idiotic from Tuchel. No balls in behind, no pace to anything. Pathetic attempt, even Arsenal put on a better show. 

City are quickly becoming the most detestable side for me, even more than Utd & Everton atm (helps that both of them are shite). Not only do they have complete rats like Silva, Foden & Rodri playing for them, they just get the rub of the green in every single game. If anybody needed convincing, this result ended the title race. 

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll get stick for saying this but i really, really dislike this team when Lukaku is playing. There is such a disconnect from midfield to attack that restricts any attacking fluidity. Having a stagnated focal point vs a dynamic player makes it so predictable to defend against. 

Awful from Tuchel. Yet again. This negativity was a carbon copy of Conte’s 2nd season with us. 

2 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

justin moore fish GIF

I'm not fishing mate. I'm just saying. If your the best team in europe for a sustained period you would win the champions league. You can be the best team for year and  not win it definitely. But no one will look back at peps man city and say they were a great team unless they win it 

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm not fishing mate. I'm just saying. If your the best team in europe for a sustained period you would win the champions league. You can be the best team for year and  not win it definitely. But no one will look back at peps man city and say they were a great team unless they win it 

Not you.. it's Happy who is fishing and you just took a shark sized bite out of his post... 

Angry Let Me Love You GIF

I said at the start of the season.. you just can't compete with a club that eclipses everyone else financially, who also buy themselves out of the rules to prevent it. 

In my eyes whoever finishes 2nd wins the league because City just can't be counted anymore. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I said at the start of the season.. you just can't compete with a club that eclipses everyone else financially, who also buy themselves out of the rules to prevent it. 

In my eyes whoever finishes 2nd wins the league because City just can't be counted anymore. 

We can. We just spend it absurdly whereas City actually have a footballing identity. 

People will point at Pep but City’s success is down to Txiki. I cant point this out enough. 

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

We have not seen anything yet... Wait until Newcastle get fully underway.... 

15 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Load of bollocks. One of the best teams in europe normally wins it. You just say that because you haven't won it. No team will ever be considered a great team without winning it 

Load of bollocks. Chelsea won it from mid premier league table  ..the fact we are smashing all the English football records already cements us as one of the greatest

16 minutes ago, Rick said:

Chelsea were properly fucking rubbish there. Lukaku & Werner are donkeys and leaving it until the 77th minute to bring on Mount was idiotic from Tuchel. No balls in behind, no pace to anything. Pathetic attempt, even Arsenal put on a better show. 

City are quickly becoming the most detestable side for me, even more than Utd & Everton atm (helps that both of them are shite). Not only do they have complete rats like Silva, Foden & Rodri playing for them, they just get the rub of the green in every single game. If anybody needed convincing, this result ended the title race. 

CL final cough, cough :coffee:

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

I am surprised he does not take more shots when he has the chance... 

I'm getting the feeling he will not shoot unless he only has the keeper to beat.

Noticing if just one defender in front of him he looks to pass.

Why Havertz was not brought on about 70 min amazes me.

1 minute ago, Waylander said:

Why Havertz was not brought on about 70 min amazes me.

What amazes me is Tuchel continuing to abandon a winning formula that has beaten & rattled City three times on the bounce in-favor of playing a striker who can’t press or control a ball. 

Head banging stuff. 

15 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Hmmm manU are 7th :35_thinking:

Tuchel on Lukaku. "He had many ball losses w/o any pressure, many ball losses in very promising circumstances. He had a huge chance. We want to serve him, but he is part of the team, and the performance up front, particularly in the first half, we can do much, much better." #CFC

So why play him!!!??? He’s done this his entire career?? 

Fuming. 

I know City and Pep have had more to spend than anyone, but considering that Chelsea, United and Liverpool haven’t spent far off of what he has over the past 5 or so years…you have to commend Guardiola’s ability to create a team that just dominates the pitch from one end to another.

Some real tactical innovations with his use of the false 9, 2 false 9s and not even playing with a striker at all. A true Premier League great and take my word for it the day he leaves City the unlimited funds will remain but the dominance won’t.

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Similar to how United's fortunes turned when Fergie left.... 

Definitely is similar in terms of quality of manager. I think pundits give Guardiola the praise he deserves but I sometimes think fans get warped too much into how much is spent and take for granted the quality that Pep brings to the Premier League by just associating it with City being big spenders. Guardiola has hands down been the best manager in world football ever since he took over Barce's first team. The man achieved the same amount of major silverware as Mourinho in half the time, a genuinely phenomenal coach and innovator of the game. The day he leaves City there will be a gigantic void to fill that will become extremely noticeable and I think rival fans who maybe don't give him the deserved praise now will do when they see what City will turn into when he leaves. 

16 minutes ago, Danny said:

I know City and Pep have had more to spend than anyone, but considering that Chelsea, United and Liverpool haven’t spent far off of what he has over the past 5 or so years…you have to commend Guardiola’s ability to create a team that just dominates the pitch from one end to another.

Some real tactical innovations with his use of the false 9, 2 false 9s and not even playing with a striker at all. A true Premier League great and take my word for it the day he leaves City the unlimited funds will remain but the dominance won’t.

'Not far off' Just the £300-odd million more than Liverpool over the last 5 seasons. I'll give you the other two.

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

The sad thing about all this is that City are out way in front and it means the season is over already as a challenge... frustrating we are at the half way point and are writing this off... 

Remember Will Grigg in the FA Cup, I am sure City fans will.

Strange things can happen.

• The title was changed to Man City 1-0 Chelsea - Saturday 15th January, 2022

Archived