talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 1-0 Chelsea - Saturday 15th January, 2022

Liverpool are one of the richest clubs in the world. I don’t believe for a second they have to sell to spend. Just because they just don’t throw money at the wall to see if something sticks doesn’t mean they are broke. 

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Liverpool are one of the richest clubs in the world. I don’t believe for a second they have to sell to spend. Just because they just don’t throw money at the wall to see if something sticks doesn’t mean they are broke. 

Our owners are cheapskate cunts. They want miracles from Klopp season after season. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Our owners are cheapskate cunts. They want miracles from Klopp season after season. 

Well no doubt, you aren’t a fan of Liverpool, you’re a customer, the club literally made this statement.

Who did Liverpool sell for the 70+ million for Jota and Konate? You’d think Liverpool are a poorly run club that live with their finances on the razor’s edge with how some people talk about them. Let’s face it, Liverpool are rich, well run, and could spend a lot more if they wanted to but that’d mean lowering the investment/reward ratio.  But at the same time they have about the sixth most expensive team in the world, I think you underestimate how expensive the team is and everyone vastly underestimates how much money Liverpool spends. More than 99.999999% of teams in the world.

Liverpool are in a precocious position, they will have to replace some of the best players in the world in a  few years. They can outspend nearly every club in the world but unfortunately for Liverpool they have to contend with five clubs that can outspend.

18 minutes ago, Rick said:

How many times? Is there any evidence of this? Or is it Klopp and Edwards knowing they have to get pretty much everything right in the transfer market if they're going to have a chance of competing with Man City so try to choose their investments wisely?

31 minutes ago, Danny said:

Jaysus relax, never said he was, never have said he was, just said a lot of money has been spent regardless. Clearly stated City had spent more than Liverpool

Well that's not the point is it. You stated that Liverpool have spent as much as Man City and Chelsea. But that's like saying a comp school lad has spent as much on his utensils as tobias and Oscar. Liverpool are not the same.

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

How many times? Is there any evidence of this? Or is it Klopp and Edwards knowing they have to get pretty much everything right in the transfer market if they're going to have a chance of competing with Man City so try to choose their investments wisely?

You’d have to look at the salary spending for staff and players, and general costs of running the club and stadium, transfers, then look at how much the club makes a year on sponsors, TV deals, ticketing, concessions, merchandise, etc, what isn’t spent is probably payed out to the owners/shareholders/board, and I bet it is a pretty penny going to those blokes that isn’t getting put back into the club. Remember these blokes are businessmen and aren’t owning Liverpool for charity. Makes me wonder how much they make off the club yearly. 

3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Well that's not the point is it. You stated that Liverpool have spent as much as Man City and Chelsea. But that's like saying a comp school lad has spent as much on his utensils as tobias and Oscar. Liverpool are not the same.

7th most expensive team in the world according to GQ and Reuters 6th on Sky

https://www.gq.com.au/fitness/sport/the-10-most-expensive-squads-in-the-world-football/image-gallery/e101f7c4392bc23193f4944b88a379e5?pos=9

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/manchester-city-have-most-expensive-squad-europe-with-united-second-says-study-2021-09-08/

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12425880/man-city-man-utd-and-chelsea-have-most-valuable-squads-in-europe-liverpool-rank-sixth

It is more like having a smaller Rolls Royce than your neighbour.

20 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

We disagree Mike, and we always will. 

That FFP chart that’s knocking about says we have about 267m we could spend without going into the red. We are in the top 5 clubs in the world terms of revenue, and we still have holes all around the squad. All well and good giving contracts to your players, but it’s important to refresh the team as well isn’t it? These owners are just not doing that. 

Its actually quite refreshing to read 5 pages of a City thread without anyone using the term 'Fraudiola'. 

Honestly, he is the absolute elite level of the modern day manager. To even dispute that is ludicrous.

Any young manager coming through the game looks up to Pep and aspires to learn from his methods. 

You don't have to like him. But you have to appreciate the level he's took the game.

58 minutes ago, Spike said:

You’d have to look at the salary spending for staff and players, and general costs of running the club and stadium, transfers, then look at how much the club makes a year on sponsors, TV deals, ticketing, concessions, merchandise, etc, what isn’t spent is probably payed out to the owners/shareholders/board, and I bet it is a pretty penny going to those blokes that isn’t getting put back into the club. Remember these blokes are businessmen and aren’t owning Liverpool for charity. Makes me wonder how much they make off the club yearly. 

They don't take money out of the club in the form of dividends. Their return on their investment comes if they sell the club or things such as the Redbird investment. I don't like them for a number of reasons but I'll criticise them for things where there is evidence of them doing something wrong.

45 minutes ago, Rick said:

We disagree Mike, and we always will. 

That FFP chart that’s knocking about says we have about 267m we could spend without going into the red. We are in the top 5 clubs in the world terms of revenue, and we still have holes all around the squad. All well and good giving contracts to your players, but it’s important to refresh the team as well isn’t it? These owners are just not doing that. 

That's how much they could spend without breaking FFP rules. It doesn't mean it would be a responsible way to run a football club that made a loss of £40-odd million in the last set of accounts they submitted.

Liverpool have added Elliott, Minamino, Jota, Thiago, Tsimikas and Konate since they won the Champions League. As well as some youngsters emerging. 

There's no doubt there needs to be other additions this summer but I don't see why that won't happen given they have been doing that over the last three years, despite your claims that they aren't.

If you're going to be throwing around claims that they're withholding money from Klopp and Edwards then I think you need to be able to back it up.

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I literally didn’t state that at all xD

7 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

You did. You said Liverpool were equivalent with spending as  Manchester City. It just is not true.

The whole country hates Liverpool. That's a fact that has been reveled over recent years.

Starting to think you’re @Happy Blue second account

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Its actually quite refreshing to read 5 pages of a City thread without anyone using the term 'Fraudiola'. 

Honestly, he is the absolute elite level of the modern day manager. To even dispute that is ludicrous.

Any young manager coming through the game looks up to Pep and aspires to learn from his methods. 

You don't have to like him. But you have to appreciate the level he's took the game.

You don't really support Leeds do you? Nobody from Leeds would ever suck off a Manchester 

i

t.

15 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

London twat lumps in Liverpool with Chelsea and Manchester City. I see what you're doing. 

It must be draining to be this angry all the time

This guy has problems ^ 

Don’t worry @Danny I don’t judge you based on the location you are from. You’re a twat r egardless of London :ph34r:

I was born a twat mate, you don’t simply learn it 

This guy has problems ^ 

Don’t worry @Danny I don’t judge you based on the location you are from. You’re a twat r egardless of London :ph34r:

Sorry. this lad is giving it about Liverpool, as this whole forum does every day. But it's not the same. Liverpool are not like Chelsea or Manchester City

4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Can you actually explain why you think it's fair to say Liverpool are like Chelsea or Manchester City?

Liverpool are the most hated club by a mile and we all know why

I can’t explain something I explicitly didn’t say

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Sorry. this lad is giving it about Liverpool, as this whole forum does every day. But it's not the same. Liverpool are not like Chelsea or Manchester City

They are different in some senses, I agree but ultimately the top end of English is really determined by spending power. Regardless of where it comes from or how it spent but yes City and Chelsea are much more cynical than Liverpool given their ownership, but FSG aren’t exactly saints. Liverpool are no ordinary club, one of the richest, most famous, successful, in all the world. I wouldn’t say they are a driving force behind the cynicism but  they are definitely complicit in money over grassroots, but nearly ever single professional top end club is. Especially with their help with foundation of the Premier League and attempted Super League.

I feel bad for English fans in some ways, on one hand they have the biggest, richest league in the world but on the other it really isn’t their league anymore, it’s the ‘world league’ and really markets itself that way. It has to be the most televised and widely available in the world

I never understood the English obsession of ‘bigness’ and it’s arbitrary definition. Who even cares? What does it even mean? Who knows. Never witnessed anyone else outside of England describe any team they support as ‘bigger’ than another. I never met a Scot say ‘Aberdeen is a bigger club than Partick Thistle’, maybe they do but I have met a lot of Scots and never heard but every English fan says it. This isn’t a dig or an insult but just a curious observation. Why is it that English fans have to compare clubs to other clubs using this nebulous barometre?

Does it mean more prestige? Louder fans? A je ne sais quoi?

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

I never understood the English obsession of ‘bigness’ and it’s arbitrary definition. Who even cares? What does it even mean? Who knows. Never witnessed anyone else outside of England describe any team they support as ‘bigger’ than another. I never met a Scot say ‘Aberdeen is a bigger club than Partick Thistle’, maybe they do but I have met a lot of Scots and never heard but every English fan says it. This isn’t a dig or an insult but just a curious observation. Why is it that English fans have to compare clubs to other clubs using this nebulous barometre?

Does it mean more prestige? Louder fans? A je ne sais quoi?

I met a girl from Melbourne over new year. Everything I've ever said, I'll change it if I have to.

• The title was changed to Man City 1-0 Chelsea - Saturday 15th January, 2022

Archived