talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester 2-3 Tottenham - Wednesday 19th January, 2022

football forum

• Subscriber

I don't think Rodgers can legislate totally for the third goal, which was as embarrassing a bit of play as you'll see from a team all season, but I thought we were second best all over the pitch tonight. Another absolutely dire showing in that ghastly back five system he seems to like for some bizarre reason. When you're playing an actual midfielder in the back three as well it's even more mystifying.

A game that sums up our season. System wrong, defence pitiful, but we looked alright going forward. Lookman and Daka are two of the bright sparks this season. I'm not sure it's a total coincidence the goals came with no Dewsbury-Hall on as well, who was yet again good.

Our league campaign is done. We've got too many out to put any serious kind of run together but we're way too far ahead of relegation for that to be a threat. We'll finish about where we are. Just extremely worried for that Forest game now.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, Storts said:

Highest of any away side in the Premier League all season apparently. That's a seriously sad indictment of how we've performed this season. You've not exactly been swashbuckling under Conte and were missing Son.

We've totally lost all semblence of organisation. Injury crisis granted but that's an absolutely worrying display.

I don't even think we're many players off being genuinely good but fuck me that defence needs some work. That we're now looking unlikely to bring anyone in this month you can virtually write our season off bar a miracle.

• The title was changed to Leicester 2-3 Tottenham - Wednesday 19th January, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived