talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brentford 1-3 Man Utd - Wednesday 19th January, 2022

football forum

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thomas Frank uses the example of United not needing to play Sancho this season to highlight the wealth gap between our clubs and some numbnut on Twitter tries to make it out that he’s personally attacking Sancho for attending a funeral. Another normal day on Twitter xD

I love Thomas Frank, not so much bothered with anything said against United or about them, but his desire and intensity for us to win, to go into training trying to win, to bring that out on the pitch. Very special manager, will be moving onto big things over the next few years with or without us.

11 hours ago, Danny said:

I love Thomas Frank, not so much bothered with anything said against United or about them, but his desire and intensity for us to win, to go into training trying to win, to bring that out on the pitch. Very special manager, will be moving onto big things over the next few years with or without us.

Yeah, seems like a great guy bringing Sancho into an interview for not playing when he asked for time off to attend a family funeral. Great bloke. Try and defend it all you want, that interview was a fucking car crash.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Yeah, seems like a great guy bringing Sancho into an interview for not playing when he asked for time off to attend a family funeral. Great bloke. Try and defend it all you want, that interview was a fucking car crash.

Mate it’s clear as day he’s not brought Sancho into it cos he went to a funeral xD Genuinely mental behaviour to suggest he’s trying to do that.

He’s a £72m player that has consistently been left out of your squad this season so you can fit Ronaldo in and he was mentioned for about 3 seconds in a 2 minute plus interview. Even if the point wasn’t accurate for his absence last night, it’s accurate for the whole season.

16 minutes ago, Danny said:

Mate it’s clear as day he’s not brought Sancho into it cos he went to a funeral xD Genuinely mental behaviour to suggest he’s trying to do that.

He’s a £72m player that has consistently been left out of your squad this season so you can fit Ronaldo in and he was mentioned for about 3 seconds in a 2 minute plus interview. Even if the point wasn’t accurate for his absence last night, it’s accurate for the whole season.

I didn’t say he did it because he was at a funeral. It’s just genuinely confusing as to why Sancho was brought up in the first place? He didn’t play? So what? Is that going to be the first port of call for all managers if we win and he’s not in the squad? Why does he care? Beat what’s in front of you. Even called Brentford ‘little’ which a touch embarrassing. Your own manager calling you little. You’re in the Premier League on merit ffs and doing well.  You can’t bring up a whole David and Goliath story to suit the rhetoric when you lose.

Again, the whole interview as a meltdown. You ‘battered us’ apparently. Absolute shite. You did well on the counter in the first half. Big whoop. He seemed genuinely unhinged. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Again, the whole interview as a meltdown. You ‘battered us’ apparently. Absolute shite. You did well on the counter in the first half. Big whoop. He seemed genuinely unhinged. 

Seems to be the same excuse I've heard several times from Frank. They batter teams but lose.

• The title was changed to Brentford 1-3 Man Utd - Wednesday 19th January, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned
4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I didn’t say he did it because he was at a funeral. It’s just genuinely confusing as to why Sancho was brought up in the first place? He didn’t play? So what? Is that going to be the first port of call for all managers if we win and he’s not in the squad? Why does he care? Beat what’s in front of you. Even called Brentford ‘little’ which a touch embarrassing. Your own manager calling you little. You’re in the Premier League on merit ffs and doing well.  You can’t bring up a whole David and Goliath story to suit the rhetoric when you lose.

Tbh I dont care too much that people dislike him, your opinions on that are your own and as an opposition fan are valid cos that’s how he makes you feel.

Was just strange to see people genuinely suggesting he’s taunting a player for attending a funeral.

But away from the discussion and just to answer the questions you’ve raised otherwise a debate over whether he’s likeable or not will probably waste both of our afternoons xD 

He mentions us being small when we win, because we are. We are tiny and being small has never been something that offends us. We literally sing we’re just a bus stop in Hounslow. Us being small doesn’t mean we’re not here on merit, but the Premier League is an unhealthily unbalanced competition and we are competing with goliaths. You are a club that have left out Sancho for most of the season, Inthink it’s fair for him to highlight that when making a point about the gulf in size between us. There’s no suiting the rhetoric, it’s just a fact win or lose we are a small club and we are happy with that.

The unhinged but I get, he was clearly pissed off that we lost. And I can see why you’d think he’s a bellend for it but for me he is one of the better managers in the league, I’ve witnessed this over the last two season and this season. He sets up a system that gets the best out of the players and on top of that they are all willing to fight for him. When I see him like that I know he will take that intensity,  maybe not the lack of control, but the intensity into our training, the players will feed off it and we will get better. There are some relegation/midtable managers that can almost seem happy just to still be in the league, you will never get that from Frank. It’s why I love him, but very easy to see why opposition fans might not.

@Stan he uses that when our xG suggest we have been the better team, but really hasn’t used it a lot for our defeats. Most of them this season have come down to us only turning up for 45 minutes and that’s been reflected in his post match interviews.

Archived