talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brendan Aaronson - Leeds Sign Salzburg Midfielder

Kid has only been in Austria one season.  Came over from MLS Philadelphia and is a USMNT player.  Apparently he's been tearing it up for Fizzy Jr. and has all the Bielsa stats... he runs and creates chances.  

Will be interesting to see how this plays out considering how Leeds and Fizzy fell out over the Augustin deal a couple seasons back.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd never heard of him till Wednesday when I first read the link but he sounds a very exciting player.

21 years of age, runs all over the show, good pace, carries the ball well, can get goals/assists from midfield, and defensively loves to press. He's ticking the boxes. I can see why we have been linked. He's got Connor Gallagher vibes.

The problem is whether we can prize him away this window before it's too late. We have a good habit of identifying decent players, missing the boat early and then seeing them move on for big prices.

Hopefully we can bag him in the next 10 days.

12 hours ago, Lucas said:

I'd never heard of him till Wednesday when I first read the link but he sounds a very exciting player.

21 years of age, runs all over the show, good pace, carries the ball well, can get goals/assists from midfield, and defensively loves to press. He's ticking the boxes. I can see why we have been linked. He's got Connor Gallagher vibes.

The problem is whether we can prize him away this window before it's too late. We have a good habit of identifying decent players, missing the boat early and then seeing them move on for big prices.

Hopefully we can bag him in the next 10 days.

I've seen him quite a few times in MLS.  He was always the best player on the pitch, but that wasn't saying much considering the quality of the league.  Apparently the bid has been upped to 20m now.  He wants to work with Bielsa but is torn because he also wants to finish the CL season.

• The title was changed to Brendan Aaronson - Leeds Increase Bid for Salzburg Midfielder
  • 4 months later...

Fingers crossed we get this over the line soon because he did sound like he'd fit our team well in January when we expressed interest.

It's no surprise with Marsch now in charge and the 49ers waiting in the wings to take over from Radrizzani, that they want to sign an American to promote to that part of the world.

Done. Very happy with that. Have a feeling the fans will really take to his energy. Helps he's worked with Marsch before too.

The club knew they fucked up in January leaving the squad as it was with all those injuries and will no doubt move to rectify things having dodged relegation.

• The title was changed to Brendan Aaronson - Leeds Sign Salzburg Midfielder

Archived