01/05/2021 - Everton 1-2 Aston Villa

Recent Form
Everton - LWLDL
Aston Villa - DLLLW

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I mean, charity is good too, but today is all about throwing as much red meat to the fanbase as possible and turning Goodison Park into a bear pit for the next couple of games. It won't solve any of our problems in the longer term but I'm here all day for the short term endorphin hit.

20 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Villa have 1pt from 3. 

Everton, leeds, newcastle, watford next 4. Then Brighton and Southampton after that. If they don't pick up at least 12 points there then what the fuck was the point of sacking Dean Smith. But we shall see. 

I think the Brentford game aside, Villa have got the results against the teams around them haven't they? Three of their four defeats under Gerrard have been to Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea.

22 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Villa have 1pt from 3. 

Everton, leeds, newcastle, watford next 4. Then Brighton and Southampton after that. If they don't pick up at least 12 points there then what the fuck was the point of sacking Dean Smith. But we shall see. 

Close to my feelings. Especially having flopped against the higher clubs after an inital Gerrard bounce. Ok.. not disgracefully, but still losing most of them.

It really does feel like a time both Villa & Gerrard could really do with kicking on again & proving they are serious against the nearer rivals. They'll certainly all be judged more harshly over the next matches.

9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think the Brentford game aside, Villa have got the results against the teams around them haven't they? Three of their four defeats under Gerrard have been to Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea.

True that, and you can't begrudge them any of those losses (even to a turgid Chelsea) but that's gonna put them under more pressure to win 3/4 in their next 4 considering they're playing some of the worst the league has to offer now, then Southampton and Brighton are 2 teams they'd wanna be beating or at least out playing. 

They're 2 from 7. Failing to beat Brentford makes it look a bit uglier than it might be, but as I said, makes it crucial to put it all behind them now. 

12 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Close to my feelings. Especially having flopped against the higher clubs after an inital Gerrard bounce. Ok.. not disgracefully, but still losing most of them.

It really does feel like a time both Villa & Gerrard could really do with kicking on again & proving they are serious against the nearer rivals. They'll certainly all be judged more harshly over the next matches.

Yeah the bounce is done, let's see now, in the next 6 or so weeks what you're made of. If you're not picking up 4 wins here, it just seems a bit pointless, and if you do, you can point to the results as to why Smith wasn't given more time. 

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Gerrard getting pelters already. Hmm I wonder why 😒 

Because he won the Scottish premier league but is untested at this level and I'm curious to see what he's got now that his team has had a run of poor results? 

I'm Australian, never stepped foot on English shores, I don't read your papers or know your politics, so you can fuck right off with your classism anti scouse bullshit. I've disliked liverpool football club famously ever since I started posting on TFF 10 years ago, but people of liverpool have nothing to do with it. 

2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Because he won the Scottish premier league but is untested at this level and I'm curious to see what he's got now that his team has had a run of poor results? 

I'm Australian, never stepped foot on English shores, I don't read your papers or know your politics, so you can fuck right off with your classism anti scouse bullshit. I've disliked liverpool football club famously ever since I started posting on TFF 10 years ago, but people of liverpool have nothing to do with it. 

This forum practically gagged on Lampard when he was managing. 

I know I'm right, whether Gerrard is a good manager or not it's not what he's judged for.

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

This forum practically gagged on Lampard when he was managing. 

I know I'm right, whether Gerrard is a good manager or not it's not what he's judged for.

Lampard in his first season delivered top 4 football with no transfers, when pretty much no one expected it and Chelsea fans would have taken that 100% at seasons start. He got plaudits, he deserved them. Then the fat fucker misspent in the window, and fucked it all up with the pressure on him, and was rightfully called on it.  

If Gerrard gets Villa pushing at Europe, I'm sure many here will gobble his cock. Just the same as we should look upon him dryly if Villa finish 11th or 12th, where Dean Smith would likely have had them. 
You're in a forum dominated by Liverpool fans ffs. 

• Administrator

Here we go again. 

Show me proof why you think I despise Liverpool as a city then we can take it from there. Thanks. You failed to provide proof of your accusation last week and then again before that when @DeadLinesmanasked you. You have previous for spouting bullshit with absolutely no substance so I think we know where this will end up. Seriously, save yourself the breath and stress of it all and move the fuck on cos you're boring the fuck out of everyone on here. 

20 minutes ago, Stan said:

Here we go again. 

Show me proof why you think I despise Liverpool as a city then we can take it from there. Thanks. You failed to provide proof of your accusation last week and then again before that when @DeadLinesmanasked you. You have previous for spouting bullshit with absolutely no substance so I think we know where this will end up. Seriously, save yourself the breath and stress of it all and move the fuck on cos you're boring the fuck out of everyone on here. 

This game must be torture for you. A Liverpool club but the other side has a Liverpudlian manager. Dilemma?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

This game must be torture for you. A Liverpool club but the other side has a Liverpudlian manager. Dilemma?

No. Got absolutely nothing have you? 

Bore off. 

• Administrator

Absolute berk has gone from thinking I hate everything about Liverpool, then thinking it's just the city I hate, then thinking I now must not like Everton because they're a Liverpool-based club. 

The backtracking is embarrassing. 

• Administrator
Just now, shut up said:

Southerners & London media has anti northern sentiment running through it, but not sure why it's being brought to this forum. 

Because he believes everyone outside of Liverpool is a Tory and that mindset is and never has been altered. 

• The title was changed to Everton 0-1 Aston Villa - Saturday 22nd January, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived