talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 0-1 Aston Villa - Saturday 22nd January, 2022

football forum

• Subscriber

As much as this shit makes me love him, there have been genuine shouts for Duncan to get the job on a permanent basis and they need to stop. Even my own shouts to give him the remainder of the season need to stop.

We want someone who gets the club but he's "too much" of a fan. I don't care how much he wanted to win today, the line up we went with wasn't the way to do it and it was just as tactically inept as what Benitez has been doing all season.

We need to start playing a 433 and as much as I love Richarlison in front of goal as much as possible, his work rate off the ball is wasted as an out and out striker. Should be playing with him and Gray either side of Calvert-Lewin in a front three. When we have as many midfielders who just can't run (Gomes, Delph, Allan, Davies, Gbamin) you have to play three in the middle to be remotely solid. In defence, hopefully Mina can stay fit for the rest of the season because he's by far our most trustworthy player I'm the middle. Keane is in awful form and Holgate gets more erratic every season. Godfrey should be partnering Mina and we have to give Mykolenko game time as our only senior left back. Difficult start for him but it's been two games for fucks sake. The fact he didn't even make the bench today smacks of Duncan making a point of not playing the Benitez signings from this month. The lad is a Ukrainian international, has to play. Right back is difficult but the sooner we start playing Patterson the better. Kenny will never be good enough to start regularly despite his recent mini-resurgence. Coleman is a busted flush. I would play Kenny for the immediate future but we have to go with Patterson sooner rather than later, he's the only right back we have who might be the man in the long term. The one reprieve is that Pickford has put his nonsense from two seasons ago firmly behind him giving us at least one position without any headaches.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pleased with that always going to be. Hard after the Benitez departure and the bounce of the fans not being toxic, but that’s why we are on the rise the Villa of the premier league era have been far too passive for me playing fair I’m all for physicality and being shithouses, grinding out 1-0 win in places like that is how you get out of mid table and into the top 8

4 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

As much as this shit makes me love him, there have been genuine shouts for Duncan to get the job on a permanent basis and they need to stop. Even my own shouts to give him the remainder of the season need to stop.

We want someone who gets the club but he's "too much" of a fan. I don't care how much he wanted to win today, the line up we went with wasn't the way to do it and it was just as tactically inept as what Benitez has been doing all season.

We need to start playing a 433 and as much as I love Richarlison in front of goal as much as possible, his work rate off the ball is wasted as an out and out striker. Should be playing with him and Gray either side of Calvert-Lewin in a front three. When we have as many midfielders who just can't run (Gomes, Delph, Allan, Davies, Gbamin) you have to play three in the middle to be remotely solid. In defence, hopefully Mina can stay fit for the rest of the season because he's by far our most trustworthy player I'm the middle. Keane is in awful form and Holgate gets more erratic every season. Godfrey should be partnering Mina and we have to give Mykolenko game time as our only senior left back. Difficult start for him but it's been two games for fucks sake. The fact he didn't even make the bench today smacks of Duncan making a point of not playing the Benitez signings from this month. The lad is a Ukrainian international, has to play. Right back is difficult but the sooner we start playing Patterson the better. Kenny will never be good enough to start regularly despite his recent mini-resurgence. Coleman is a busted flush. I would play Kenny for the immediate future but we have to go with Patterson sooner rather than later, he's the only right back we have who might be the man in the long term. The one reprieve is that Pickford has put his nonsense from two seasons ago firmly behind him giving us at least one position without any headaches.

You make some excellent points, however, from what I understand regarding Mykolenko, is that he was left out of the matchday team today because he had a back injury. That's according to the sources I have read. I am sure he will be back in the first team once he has recovered from his injury. At 22, Mykolenko still has a huge challenge at Everton. Joining the best league in the world from the Ukrainian league is one thing, but playing for a genuinely struggling club like Everton just makes his challenges that much harder. 

As for right back, I have to agree with you, Coleman's best days are over. I like Kenny, but the lad Patterson, like Mykolenko, is younger and has much more potential. One thing's for sure, Ferguson has his work cut out with this Everton team, if he is to be in charge until the end of the season. With any luck, Everton will find a more experienced and accomplished manager to take over before then.

Archived