talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace 1-3 Liverpool - Sunday 23rd January, 2022

football forum

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

You’re pathetic. I am stunned that you’re behaving like this after being given a third chance. You won’t change, you’re a drunken fool. Hopefully the mods have the knackers to ban you permanently next time. 

As for the game, if we end up dropping point from this I’ll be livid. Especially after the small glimmer of hope Saints gave us yesterday. 

Dont fancy local team then, not enough proxy glory for you?

Why is telling the truth bannable btw?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Dont fancy local team then, not enough proxy glory for you?

Why is telling the truth bannable btw?

Count the number of times you’ve spoken about Hull this season and I bet it doesn’t even fill one hand’s full of fingers. Go drink a couple more blue WKD’s and bother Stan again later on. 

I just hate how refereeing in this country has went so far backwards since the introduction of VAR. Yes, we had plenty of contentious decisions before it came in and out refereeing was poor, but this is just next level shiteness. 

We have been let out of jail by the refereeing team being a bunch of absolute moron’s. Like Mike said though, I’ll take the fucker. 

• Subscriber

The going over to the monitor thing needs to get in the bin as well. Complete waste of time. They're trying to appease critics who don't like the VAR overruling the on field referee without him being able to change his own mind after being given 'advice'. It's infinitely more insulting to the audience to carry on with it when everyone watching knows that the decision has been made and the on field referee is wasting everyone's time for the sake of pretending he's changing his own mind.

Jota dithered on the ball too long, lost it, then took his opportunity to make contact with the keeper. The keeper didn’t help himself mind, he was nowhere near the ball either. 

Viera with the little jog to get in front of the ref as they go down the tunnel. Wait to hear that Viera has been given a red. 

I only saw the last 30 minutes, so I missed us playing well and kind of just watched us get very lucky.

Shame Virgil doesn’t really seem to be the same player anymore - don’t get me wrong, I still think he’s a very good CB… but it’s just not the same. I guess to be expected given the nature of his injury.

And that penalty decision xD hilariously bad, VAR’s usage at times is just fucking stupid. I’d be so angry if I were a Palace fan, but I’m not. 

I will take being lucky and getting the 3 points any day of the week.

I went on Twitter to see the perception and these are the first three tweets 😂.

Nobody in the ground thought it was a penalty, none of the Liverpool fans appealed, the players jogged away for a goal kick, the standard of refereeing in this county has been at a crisis stage for far too long.

Shame really as it killed our momentum.

• Subscriber

At risk of being a "bitter Blue" as well I'm surprised more of a fuss isn't being made over Firmino being in an offside position and attempting to play the ball in the lead up to the Oxlade-Chamberlain goal.

He didn't touch the ball and I'm in favour of letting the game flow and minimising interference from the officials. I think it's farfetched to suggest that either of the Palace defenders would have stopped the goal anyway if they hadn't been distracted by Firmino.

It's that word consistency again though, and the logic I would personally apply to the situation isn’t the precedent that has been set by our referees. Because we've seen a handful of goals disallowed in recent seasons because a player in an offside position was potentially visible to the goalkeeper out of the corner of his eye, I think Palace are well within their rights to ask why Firmino's attempt to head the ball there doesn't meet the threshold for influencing the play.

6 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

At risk of being a "bitter Blue" as well I'm surprised more of a fuss isn't being made over Firmino being in an offside position and attempting to play the ball in the lead up to the Oxlade-Chamberlain goal.

He didn't touch the ball and I'm in favour of letting the game flow and minimising interference from the officials. I think it's farfetched to suggest that either of the Palace defenders would have stopped the goal anyway if they hadn't been distracted by Firmino.

It's that word consistency again though, and the logic I would personally apply to the situation isn’t the precedent that has been set by our referees. Because we've seen a handful of goals disallowed in recent seasons because a player in an offside position was potentially visible to the goalkeeper out of the corner of his eye, I think Palace are well within their rights to ask why Firmino's attempt to head the ball there doesn't meet the threshold for influencing the play.

Eduoard was offside when the pass went into Mateta, which gave him an advantage in being there for the tap in. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rick said:

Eduoard was offside when the pass went into Mateta, which gave him an advantage in being there for the tap in. 

I'm not going to pretend to be confident in my understanding of the cluster fuck that is the offside rule but I'm pretty sure it's established that that's consistently allowed due to it being a new phase of play when Mateta received the ball.

But if that's incorrect, then your doubling my point, not nullifying it. It's not about which team was treated unfairly, it's about consistency and why the 'involvement in play' threshold varies so randomly in different circumstances.

3 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

I'm not going to pretend to be confident in my understanding of the cluster fuck that is the offside rule but I'm pretty sure it's established that that's consistently allowed due to it being a new phase of play when Mateta received the ball.

But if that's incorrect, then your doubling my point, not nullifying it. It's not about which team was treated unfairly, it's about consistency and why the 'involvement in play' threshold varies so randomly in different circumstances.

Oh, no doubt you’re right about refereeing being a complete shit show. I was just adding another call I thought was a bit dodgy. I’m not sure of offside rules nowadays, but surely that shouldn’t count for an offside player to affect play by scoring. Fuck knows anymore. 

• The title was changed to Crystal Palace 1-3 Liverpool - Sunday 23rd January, 2022
9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just seen the Jota incident.

Wow. That's all I can say.

I'd say it's more of a penalty than the one Silva got the other week, certainly not a decision that is any worse than that one, yet you thought that was a penalty? xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived