talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace 1-3 Liverpool - Sunday 23rd January, 2022

football forum

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I'd say it's more of a penalty than the one Silva got the other week, certainly not a decision that is any worse than that one, yet you thought that was a penalty? xD

Silva had his shirt pulled quite clearly. I think I admitted that he went down easily to begin with but did still have his shirt pulled. That would have been soft.

Jota's ran in to Guaita and gone down. It's definitely not 'more of a penalty'!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Silva had his shirt pulled quite clearly. I think I admitted that he went down easily to begin with but did still have his shirt pulled. That would have been soft.

Jota's ran in to Guaita and gone down. It's definitely not 'more of a penalty'!

It wasn't a clear and obvious error so I don't think it should have been overturned and we're very lucky to get it. The reaction to two controversial penalties being given is interesting though.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

It wasn't a clear and obvious error so I don't think it should have been overturned and we're very lucky to get it. The reaction to two controversial penalties being given is interesting though.

What are you insinuating with the last sentence? Fucking boring if it is what I think it is. 

Why can you say you're lucky to get it but if I say I think it wasn't a penalty (like everyone else here), it seems to upset you?

• Subscriber

It isn't that interesting. The Bernardo one was a massive dive but at least he was technically fouled by having his shirt grabbed. Shouldn't have been a penalty either though.

The one Liverpool got today is the type where you just look and go what sport even is this. It probably didn't even affect the result. People (mostly) aren't commenting on it out of bias or it being Liverpool, it's because it's yet another example of the concerning standard of officiating and shifts in decision making we're seeing in the Premier League since they started trying to use VAR.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

What are you insinuating with the last sentence? Fucking boring if it is what I think it is. 

Why can you say you're lucky to get it but if I say I think it wasn't a penalty (like everyone else here), it seems to upset you?

Not upset by anything. As I say, interesting reactions to two controversial penalties..

Anyway, yet again the inconsistencies are an annoyance. Jota had a stonewaller turned down at Tottenham but gets the one today. Liverpool are probably two points better off if they get the one they should have done and not today's.

5 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

It isn't that interesting. The Bernardo one was a massive dive but at least he was technically fouled by having his shirt grabbed. Shouldn't have been a penalty either though.

The one Liverpool got today is the type where you just look and go what sport even is this. It probably didn't even affect the result. People (mostly) aren't commenting on it out of bias or it being Liverpool, it's because it's yet another example of the concerning standard of officiating and shifts in decision making we're seeing in the Premier League since they started trying to use VAR.

According to Stan it was...

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

According to Stan it was...

Imagine having a difference of opinion on a football forum ffs xDxD. Some of you get so precious about some things.

There's probably been other times where I thought Man City shouldn't have had a penalty or should have conceded one. 

But nah, forget it. Can't win with some people. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Imagine having a difference of opinion on a football forum ffs xDxD. Some of you get so precious about some things.

There's probably been other times where I thought Man City shouldn't have had a penalty or should have conceded one. 

But nah, forget it. Can't win with some people. 

You were the only one who thought so, if I recall correctly. Could just admit you were wrong.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You were the only one who thought so, if I recall correctly. Could just admit you were wrong.

I don't think I was. 

It's not about being wrong. It's an opinion. I thought it was a penalty. You didn't. You think Jota's was more of a penalty. I don't think it was at all. Like several others I might add. 

Why does it have to be a 'Man City or Liverpool' thing? Why is it only Liverpool fans that make it in to such a 'thing' as well. It's fucking unbearable. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't think I was. 

It's not about being wrong. It's an opinion. I thought it was a penalty. You didn't. You think Jota's was more of a penalty. I don't think it was at all. Like several others I might add. 

Why does it have to be a 'Man City or Liverpool' thing? Why is it only Liverpool fans that make it in to such a 'thing' as well. It's fucking unbearable. 

Excuse me ... rude!

It wasn't a penalty BTW..  not even debatable. 

40 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think it's pretty obvious. Liverpool are their nearest challengers. You're quite happy to excuse dodgy penalties for Man City but are straight in there when Liverpool get one.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think it's pretty obvious. Liverpool are their nearest challengers. You're quite happy to excuse dodgy penalties for Man City but are straight in there when Liverpool get one.

All in your head.

If I was a Man City fan, you'd have a point.

But I'm not. So it's absolute bollocks. 

'straight in' xD. I didn't even see it til well after the game. 

I'll call things as I see it. There's been times where I've stated things in favour of Liverpool but you'll ignore that no doubt. 

44 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

TAD has taken over another account! 

I think it’s very clear that Jota has angled his body at the last second to win the pen and that undermines the claim for a foul. I think if he doesn’t do that then there’s minimal contact and it doesn’t get given either.

57 minutes ago, Rick said:

TAD has taken over another account! 

I don't think he was far wrong with the Liverpool thing. Take Man City's latest dodgy sponsorship deal or them announcing a profit for the Covid hit period for example. Barely mentioned anywhere, not at all on here until I did. Liverpool get a game postponed though, outrage!

20 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I don't think he was far wrong with the Liverpool thing. Take Man City's latest dodgy sponsorship deal or them announcing a profit for the Covid hit period for example. Barely mentioned anywhere, not at all on here until I did. Liverpool get a game postponed though, outrage!

Don’t think Stan has made any secret that he’s not particularly fond of our club, but that doesn’t mean he has some agenda against the city of Liverpool like TAD always tried to make out.  

And even if he does hate our club and not City, who cares? Why does it matter? I hate Man Utd and have absolutely rinsed them over refereeing calls while staying silent on similar contentious calls for other clubs. 

I have grown up watching them win everything, and have everything go for them, and whether it’s the same with City nowadays my hate for Utd is already ingrained from a young age. We all grew up watching the same era of football. There was no City back then being dodgy cunts and winning it all, so people grew up to hate other teams like Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and our own team. 

Ive had the benefit of television angles now...

Firmino was definitely offside as he impacted the play. Ox wouldn't have been given the freedom of South London if Firmino hadn't drawn Mitchell away from him. I'm not sure you could say the same thing about the Palace goal.

The penalty decision as everybody's covered was absolutely atrocious. Kevin Friend had a mare today but he was hang out to dry by VAR as the freeze frame begins at the point of contact. Craig Pawson in the VAR booth has once again just shown why he's an absolute abomination to the sport.

Overall though we were absolutely overrun and naive in the first half hour but we were good in the second half. It was just a game ruined by the officials which is very frustrating. The Olise head injury where Friend waited for Liverpool to lose the ball, the Benteke 'offside', you could even put a case that our goal shouldn't have counted.

For a referee that's been in this league for 12 years Kevin Friend definitely doesn't inspire confidence.

• Subscriber

I honestly think the Liverpool Man City discrepancy is largely down to the fact that there's only one Man City fan on here and about 4 or 5 regular posters who support Liverpool. Someone says "that's not a penalty for Bernardo Silva" there's no City fans to argue about it and it doesn't escalate.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Tbf most people hate us.

But fuck ‘em, I hate most other people I couldn’t give a fuck what most other people think 

50 minutes ago, Rick said:

Don’t think Stan has made any secret that he’s not particularly fond of our club, but that doesn’t mean he has some agenda against the city of Liverpool like TAD always tried to make out.  

And even if he does hate our club and not City, who cares? Why does it matter? I hate Man Utd and have absolutely rinsed them over refereeing calls while staying silent on similar contentious calls for other clubs. 

I have grown up watching them win everything, and have everything go for them, and whether it’s the same with City nowadays my hate for Utd is already ingrained from a young age. We all grew up watching the same era of football. There was no City back then being dodgy cunts and winning it all, so people grew up to hate other teams like Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and our own team. 

Yeah this.

Hate who you want, don’t hate who you don’t want.

It’s nothing personal and we’re all e-mates on here (or at least we should be)

• The topic was unpinned

Archived