The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 2-0 Tottenham - Sunday 23rd January, 2022

football forum

• The title was changed to Chelsea 2-0 Tottenham - Sunday 23rd January, 2022
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Annoys me when players get into a tiny scrap, one pushes a tiny bit harder and then the one being pushed starts moaning to the ref xD. Azpilicueta guilty of that. 

• Subscriber

Not just because of the goal, but Silva has been remarkable for Chelsea. World class defenders such as him and JT was another one who apply themselves correctly add invaluable experience in their latter years. Just shows it's not all about the legs.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Annoys me when players get into a tiny scrap, one pushes a tiny bit harder and then the one being pushed starts moaning to the ref xD. Azpilicueta guilty of that. 

Or when players hold their faces when they go down.. no matter where they are touched, clipped on the ankle? roll around on the floor holding your face.. 

1 minute ago, JoshBRFC said:

Not just because of the goal, but Silva has been remarkable for Chelsea. World class defenders such as him and JT was another one who apply themselves correctly add invaluable experience in their latter years. Just shows it's not all about the legs.

Unbenannt_1626096586375133_v0_h.jpg

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Or when players hold their faces when they go down.. no matter where they are touched, clipped on the ankle? roll around on the floor holding your face.. 

Definitely. Richarlison and Fernandes are 2 of the worst culprits.

1 minute ago, JoshBRFC said:

Totally agree mate.. He surprised me greatly to be honest a good professional and a great experienced defender... I was reading an article about his time at PSG and despite wanting to stay they deemed him surplus to requirements because they said he was getting too old... Then they went and signed Ramos who was what? just 2 years younger than him, He said it made no sense.. I suppose he had the last laugh though going on to win the CL with us something he never achieved there... 

There is no question that Spurs were done out of a legit goal. Obviously if that goes in it changes the complexion of the match.

However, take that moment out of the game, have they really looked dangerous? Really?

It's felt more like they have tried to contain Chelsea as opposed to trying to beat them. Really hasn't been much of a reaction to going behind and that's the sad thing. They looked beat at 2-0 and there's no visible belief they could get back in that. It feels a bit rinse and repeat in these games.

There's no doubt Chelsea have been better and deserve their points and I think Spurs, one dodgy decision aside, will need to take it on the chin. Chelsea have their number.

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

CHO MOTM for me. Did very well to impose himself despite being isolated the entire game.

Mixed feelings about him... Thought he was superb to open up and create that goal for Ziyech, excellent play there, I just wish he was a little more decisive in the final third and he can get brushed off the ball a bit easily at times.. Been a good solid game from us today though and we got the much needed win we needed.. Spurs are always welcome at the Bridge.. B|

8 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Mixed feelings about him... Thought he was superb to open up and create that goal for Ziyech, excellent play there, I just wish he was a little more decisive in the final third and he can get brushed off the ball a bit easily at times.. Been a good solid game from us today though and we got the much needed win we needed.. Spurs are always welcome at the Bridge.. B|

Was always evident at best he’s a squad player. Still loads of room to grow. 

Ziyech is a moments player. Needs a team built around him but this can be said about all of our attackers. Different profiles. 

For me Ziyech is important as from the right he  can cut in and score a goal like today. That is important just now as our first choice Wbs are out.

It was a magnificent strike too.

CHO created the move by going past his man and though only seeing the second half never saw him do it again.

Never thought Spurs were out of this until the 93 min and for me a 6 pointer with top 4 in mind.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived