talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fabio Carvalho Signs for Liverpool

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really rate him from what I've seen this season and his ceiling could be a top six club. 

It would take a period of adapting given Fulham play a possession  based 4-2-3-1 and he naturally drifts in to the number 10 role even if he's out wide but I was impressed with how Harvey Elliot adapted his game to be a CM that drifted out right to link up Trent and Salah before his injury.

I wonder if they think agreeing a fee is better than what they'd get from the tribunal fee. I'm not so sure, tbh - I dunno what the tribunal fee was for Harvey Elliott but for Ings it was pretty large I think.

Maybe they'd like a guaranteed amount rather than putting things in the hands of a tribunal? Hope it goes through though, seems to be the right kind of young player to do well with us... but I feel with how well he's doing this season at Fulham it would be a shame to derail him by taking him away from the good situation he's in right now - which is probably beneficial to his development as a player.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I wonder if they think agreeing a fee is better than what they'd get from the tribunal fee. I'm not so sure, tbh - I dunno what the tribunal fee was for Harvey Elliott but for Ings it was pretty large I think.

Maybe they'd like a guaranteed amount rather than putting things in the hands of a tribunal? Hope it goes through though, seems to be the right kind of young player to do well with us... but I feel with how well he's doing this season at Fulham it would be a shame to derail him by taking him away from the good situation he's in right now - which is probably beneficial to his development as a player.

Ings was £8m and was the record tribunal fee at the time. Elliott was around £4.3m apparently so £5m seems like a sizeable figure and likely they'll get less at a tribunal?

5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

A great window for us if this goes through. 

Next summer window should be all about clearing some squad players that aren't going to make much of an impact. Get the wage bill down...

Oh.. and signing Bellingham :ph34r:

44 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

A great window for us if this goes through. 

Next summer window should be all about clearing some squad players that aren't going to make much of an impact. Get the wage bill down...

Oh.. and signing Bellingham :ph34r:

Don’t forget Townsend & Rondon. 

Fee agreed and medical done but deal not confirmed and the window is shut... seems the loan back clause has held things up a bit too long?

*No deal! 

We wouldn't agree a loan back and Fulham wouldn't budge. Just hope we can get it done in the summer.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Deal's fallen through.

Wouldn't be surprised if he makes a move to Dortmund on a free transfer and gets sold to some club for a ridiculous fee in a couple of years.

Maybe. I think it's more likely we sign him in the summer for half of what we just offered via a tribunal tbh.

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Maybe. I think it's more likely we sign him in the summer for half of what we just offered in a tribunal tbh.

The benefit Dortmund (or any foreign club) has in signing him is they won't have to pay a tribunal fee. Which I guess it depends if Carvalho thinks he gets a better chance of developing into a top player at Dortmund or Liverpool.

Tbh either move for him would be a good move for him. Can't really begrudge him if he does move elsewhere, his career's just starting and he's going to have some big choices to make with his career soon.

But I do hope we get him in the summer.

37 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The benefit Dortmund (or any foreign club) has in signing him is they won't have to pay a tribunal fee. Which I guess it depends if Carvalho thinks he gets a better chance of developing into a top player at Dortmund or Liverpool.

Tbh either move for him would be a good move for him. Can't really begrudge him if he does move elsewhere, his career's just starting and he's going to have some big choices to make with his career soon.

But I do hope we get him in the summer.

Looks like it will be done in the summer...

https://www.football365.com/news/liverpool-fulham-seek-summer-solution-after-january-deal-collapses-carvalho

2 hours ago, Rick said:

Bit strange we wouldn’t agree the loan back. 

If we wait until the summer to sign him 'officially' then we get him for the full 5 years instead of 4 1/2 years had we signed him now.

Suppose it makes sense really. 

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

If we wait until the summer to sign him 'officially' then we get him for the full 5 years instead of 4 1/2 years had we signed him now.

Suppose it makes sense really. 

Let’s just hope we have no competition for him. 

5 hours ago, Rick said:

Bit strange we wouldn’t agree the loan back. 

Neco Williams has went to them on loan as well. 

It's not that we wouldn't agree the loan back, that was always the agreement, it was that the loan didn't get done in time as no deal sheets in the EFL apparently.

• The title was changed to Fabio Carvalho Signs for Liverpool

Archived