talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2017 Wimbledon

football forum

• Subscriber

Raonic got through in five sets. Have to wonder how long until the organisers use their common sense and send Djokovic to play on Centre Court because this could go on forever. 

If anything Muller looks more likely to sneak it but as I speak he's gone 15-30 down on serve. 

However this goes, not good signs for Rafa as if he wins he'll play Cilic who is essentially a better version of Muller.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Raonic got through in five sets. Have to wonder how long until the organisers use their common sense and send Djokovic to play on Centre Court because this could go on forever. 

If anything Muller looks more likely to sneak it but as I speak he's gone 15-30 down on serve. 

However this goes, not good signs for Rafa as if he wins he'll play Cilic who is essentially a better version of Muller.

they surely won't start Djokovic's match now?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Probably not, they could get it done under the roof on Centre Court if they do it now.

yeah definitely. should have started earlier even if they thought this match would go on for a while. They'll put it on before Venus Williams tomorrow most likely now. 

• Subscriber

Very nice. Murray now has to beat Querrey then either Cilic or Muller and he's in the final.

I did say it was a nice draw for him, despite people saying he had to go through Wawrinka and Nadal, but I've been proved right in those two not delivering on the grass. Still got to do the business against the guys he faces though.

Djokovic match won't go ahead tonight, bad luck for him as he'll now have to play tomorrow and Wednesday with no rest (unless he loses). Lucky for him it comes now when he's up against Mannarino and Berdych rather than Berdych followed by Federer on back to back days. 

• Administrator

One of the reasons why I love Wimbledon and tennis in general when it produces epic matches like that. The amount of times Nadal saved numerous match points was superb but Muller even more so. Shows so much spirit and determination and commitment to keep going against one of the world's best. Fair play. 

Just on the subject of Djokovic's match not getting played today.

I still cannot understand why Wimbledon has to be the only tournament that doesn't use Sunday. It's ridiculous. 

Surely they could use it so that firstly, they have more time to play with, secondly, no one suffers any disadvantage and thirdly, the majority of matches in the last 16 get the spotlight that they deserve. Seems to work ok for the other three majors...

I always wonder how tennis players handle going 2 sets down on such a big stage knowing they have a long day ahead of them if they want to go through. It must take a lot of passion and commitment to not just give up and live to fight another day. Nadal showed a lot of heart there I was actually disappointed to see him go out in the end even though I usually dislike him for his stalling tactics.

• Subscriber

Fuck off Halep you bitch, since when do you shriek like Sharapova during rallies? Konta has lost two rallies in this tie break which she should have easily won after forcing Halep into defensive lobs. Can't afford to give away points in moments like this. 

• Subscriber

Just got home. What the fuck has happened here? Saw Murray was 4-1 up in the first and assumed it'd be done after school was finished. 

Looks like Murray is struggling physically which is a shame. Querrey playing well but what an embarrassment it would be to see Sam fucking Querrey in a Wimbledon semi final. 

Grrr.

• Subscriber

Gutted about that but Murray was never going to get past Cilic if he's struggling that much physically. At least he can have a few weeks off now, he got far enough to stay as world number one at least but he's likely to lose that after Canada where he's defending champion or Cincinnati where he's defending runner up.

Oh well, let's go Konta!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived