talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Netflix 2022)

football forum

So there is a new texas chainsaw masacre film coming out in a few weeks on netflix. Apparently it will be more pure horror like the original. There are rumours that no one wanted to buy it and so it might be pretty bad but I'll probably watch it anyway. I liked the texas chainsaw film they did in 2013. Although none of the sequels have had particularly great reviews.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the 2003 one is arguably the best reboot of any horror franchise imo. 

Heard negative things about this one during the test screening and production demanded changes. This was supposed to be in theaters but they inevitably sold it to Netflix as production feared they wouldn’t break even…Bad sign. 

I also read some spoilers online and I can see why the test screening was so negative. 

14 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Yeah the 2003 one is arguably the best reboot of any horror franchise imo. 

Heard negative things about this one during the test screening and production demanded changes. This was supposed to be in theaters but they inevitably sold it to Netflix as production feared they wouldn’t break even…Bad sign. 

I also read some spoilers online and I can see why the test screening was so negative. 

I actually said 2013 mate. I saw the 2003 one in the cinema. I actually liked texas chainsaw massacre 3 which had terrible reviews but was more pure horror from what I remember.  I'll watch it even if the reviews are terrible.

• The title was changed to Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Netflix 2022)
2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I actually said 2013 mate. I saw the 2003 one in the cinema. I actually liked texas chainsaw massacre 3 which had terrible reviews but was more pure horror from what I remember.  I'll watch it even if the reviews are terrible.

Oh I hated that one. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Average is a whole lot better than what it was rumored to be. 

It got some early good reviews.  But the reviews haven't been great since then. But I'll watch it anyway 

I thought at times it was very good. And probably as near to the original as I have seen. However as it gets further into the film it just turns into another gory horror film. I like the idea of bringing back the only survivor from the original but it wasnt done as well as it could be. I'd give it 6/10 .

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Average is a whole lot better than what it was rumored to be. 

It's not terrible. But it's not great. I dont think you will like it. Like I said it starts of well but then turns into a mess 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I'll still give it a go. 

Yeah watch it. It's worth a watch. Have you seen any of the sequels that they did in the 90s? I thought part 3 was decent. But I haven't watched it for years. Not sure if I would like it now.

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah watch it. It's worth a watch. Have you seen any of the sequels that they did in the 90s? I thought part 3 was decent. But I haven't watched it for years. Not sure if I would like it now.

Truth be told I never liked any of the sequels. I thought they all aged horribly, hence why I am such a big fan of the 2003 reboot. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Truth be told I never liked any of the sequels. I thought they all aged horribly, hence why I am such a big fan of the 2003 reboot. 

Did you like the original?

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

1973 and 2003 only ones of the franchise I admire. 1973 because of its originality and 2003 for its adaptation. 

The original was pure horror. Quite simply made but really captures the terror. 

Archived