talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Huddersfield To Sign Mooy For £10m

Premier League newcomers Huddersfield Town have agreed a club-record £10m fee for Manchester City's Australia midfielder Aaron Mooy.

Mooy, 26, spent last season on loan at Huddersfield and played in their play-off final win over Reading, which secured them a place in the top flight.

It is thought the fee will be made up of an £8m initial payment, plus a further £2m in add-ons.

There are also buy-back and sell-on clauses included in the deal.

Mooy joined City from Australian club Melbourne City 12 months ago on a three-year contract.

He has not made a senior appearance for Pep Guardiola's side.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40289316

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given his age and his impact in The Championship last season i'm glad that we will be seeing him play for a permanent club next season.

I'm a bit dissapointed we've not been in a position to make an offer at that price.

Hopefully Huddersfield can sign Izzy Brown again and they can push on. 

Not confirmed yet, apparently Brighton are trying to hijack it.

Good signing for whoever he decides to join, don't think it'll be confirmed for a week or two though, he's away on International duty.

11 minutes ago, Batard said:

Interesting article here on Mooy, I didn't realise City had acquired him for nowt

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/19/likely-big-money-aaron-mooy-move-sets-alarm-bells-ringing-in-a-league

I HATE Manchester City and their abuse of the A-League and MLS. I loathe entirely how Man City can circumvent and manipulate the rules of these leagues to fit their own agenda. I imagine this is how the Dutch feel about the Chelsea and Vitesse relationship. 

Archived