talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Are you Lower, Middle or Upper Class??

football forum

Brits obsess with class like Yanks obsess with race.

Mine came out as ‘middle class’ which is a load of shit because it was working class till I said I don’t walk or cycle anywhere because I can’t fucking do that because I’m in the USA and not only does the USA hate pedestrians and cyclists I’m surrounded by a half metre of fucking snow.

Besides middle class doesn’t exist anymore. You have to be earning a fortune to be middle class these days

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Devil said:

I'd never look down on anyone if I came into Millions. Remember your roots, I grew up in Wythenshawe, Manchester and its still where I consider home.

The fact I've got a few quid in the bank to protect against unemployment doesn't make me middle class.

Was only joking mate. 

I have no idea how I came out middle class on this but if there was an Aussie one maybe I wouldn’t as it was hard to completely compares 

13 hours ago, Spike said:

Mine came out as ‘middle class’ which is a load of shit because it was working class till I said I don’t walk or cycle anywhere because I can’t fucking do that because I’m in the USA and not only does the USA hate pedestrians and cyclists I’m surrounded by a half metre of fucking snow.

Besides middle class doesn’t exist anymore. You have to be earning a fortune to be middle class these days

Yep I don’t walk or ride anywhere too - a car is necessary in this country.

11 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Was only joking mate. 

I have no idea how I came out middle class on this but if there was an Aussie one maybe I wouldn’t as it was hard to completely compares 

I know you was mate, sorry if I came across in the wrong way.

Anyway no idea why I came out middle class myself, I thought everyone spent their evenings eating caviar and drinking champagne....

14 hours ago, Spike said:

Because it has a pretty big impact on who in Britain get to reach the higher echelons in society and who don’t 

• Subscriber

Does anyone else read the methodology of the test?... It's not supposed to tell you which class you are, but rather which class the British public thinks you are based on certain aspects of your lifestyle...

16 hours ago, Spike said:

I walk and cycle and I live in the US too. :ph34r:

Granted, San Diego has the same weather all year round and California puts cycling lanes up for bikes all the time without warning seemingly, whereas Chicago has miserable weather in the winter and I dunno whether Illinois gives a shit about cyclists the same way California does xD

Having a car's a necessity here too though, unless you just want to be confined to your neighborhood. But that's mostly because public transit here is abysmal and the way the city's built everything's way too spread out.

Whereas when I was back home my parents had one car, and I'd drive it sometimes once I got a license, but I'd honestly barely ever drive. As opposed to now where I have to drive every day unless I'm not going in to work.

On 26/01/2022 at 17:28, Khan of TF365 said:

Read an article how car makers in US managed to control planning of whole cities. Earlier when people died in an accident blame was always on the driver making auto makers shit in their pants. 

Cities like Los Angeles (especially Los Angeles) and San Diego were definitely built with car ownership in mind.

Unfortunately with Los Angeles, the huge population and the number of fucking freeways they have that run through downtown LA, have made the city an absolute hellhole to get around. And as San Diego's population grows, it's also getting worse.

When I got my Masters' degree in the SF bay area, I could manage quite comfortably without a car though. My wife thinks I'm crazy for saying that though, but it was really easy to get around with public transit and it wasn't any more of a hassle than driving anywhere.

Tbh, I do miss living a life where I didn't have to worry about driving or having a car in a lot of ways. Yeah, you've got to plan your commute out perhaps a bit more... but by the same token you don't have to worry about the shit drivers out there or car maintenance.

46.9% working class. 

Irl I constantly seem to fall somewhere in the middle culturally. Amongst pals I come off as more middle-class because I did well in school and went to a Russell Group uni, despite the fact that my parents have worse jobs and my family was probably poorer growing up than most of theirs.

In work I am constantly second guessing my way of speaking and behaving, being conscious that I am almost invariably dealing with upper-middle class people from Edinburgh who likely do not want a working class Glaswegian handling their legal affairs.

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Inverted said:

46.9% working class. 

Irl I constantly seem to fall somewhere in the middle culturally. Amongst pals I come off as more middle-class because I did well in school and went to a Russell Group uni, despite the fact that my parents have worse jobs and my family was probably poorer growing up than most of theirs.

In work I am constantly second guessing my way of speaking and behaving, being conscious that I am almost invariably dealing with upper-middle class people from Edinburgh who likely do not want a working class Glaswegian handling their legal affairs.

You sound a bit like your avatar photo of Werner Herzog?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, RondónEFC said:

I was on the borderline between working and middle. Last answer pushed me into middle class. xD

Does that mean you will vote conservative now :ph34r:

Archived