talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dan does the Pentagon Challenge

football forum

• Subscriber

Oiled machine

I don't know what it is about us when we hit later on in the season but we just seem to catch fire. I've not seen consistent delivery like this in a long time.

image.png

Just look at it. Absolute thing of beauty. The longer this squad plays this game the better they seem to get at it. We are horrendous to play against and I love it.

I'm still not totally understanding how the tournament works but after beating Johor DT in the AFC Cup, we came up against Indian champions Punjab FC and they became the latest to fall on our ever sharpening sword. Now, I think we're into the semi finals of the whole thing but I'm not 100%, it's impossible to work out based on the info given on the tournament page, there's no obvious structure to it but my understanding is it's a tournament played regionally which the further you dive into it, the further it links together.

Anyway, we're in what I think is the semi final and it's the toughest test I have yet had at Terengganu. It's Melbourne City of the A-League, 2.5 star reputation which is comfortably higher than anybody I've faced here. You could make a good case for either side going through - is our gameplan going to fall short after all as we're outclassed, or is it efficient even against a side from a far superior league? Melbourne City won the regular season but blew it in the play-offs. They're going to be a real, real tough game and it might be where we finally fall short, but I have a sneaky feeling we'll do it. We seem to give Johor, a side with superior players to us, hardly any room to work with. It seems to be efficient against 'lesser' sides but even better against stronger teams. We beat Johor four times this season.

Another catch is how many players are a booking from suspension. I feel this is going to hurt us because we pick up plenty, and a side like this are bound to draw a load of yellows from us.

This is before I even mention the Piala Malaysia, which has been frankly a doddle, we got a very kind group and we've made no error.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

No cigar in Australia, but it's a domestic double

It was a big test for us going to play Melbourne City but in the end, their quality really shone through and we had no answers. We lost 1-2 at home and I think by then I knew we were probably going out - we matched them for large parts but they scored a late-ish winner and that put us in a really tough position. We went to Australia with nothing to lose and honestly, the first half is the most impressive stuff I've seen from us, we absolutely battered them for large parts and we did go ahead on the night. Unfortunately though they made it 1-1 just before half time, got another straight after and then had us at arms length for the second half in which they largely controlled it, before really hammering home their superiority with another two in injury time to beat us 4-1, and 6-2 on aggregate. I felt our performances deserved far more but given the level of our players I thought the performances were really good, albeit fruitless and a shame to see our usual sturdiness breached.

However...

image.png

image.png

We make it a domestic double by adding the Piala Malaysia - a lovely topping to a fantastic season and the first that I think I've made some real breakthroughs in the game. My reputation has grown to a bit over 1 star now, which isn't going to land me anything significant, though I think if we were to have a repeat season I'd be looking at some better offers. There's a ceiling here and I think we've about hit it, but I really have liked it.

• Subscriber

The title defence, and the first eyes on the prize...

So obviously, the main objective of this whole save is to essentially undertake footballs world tour. The ambitious attempt at winning every Champions League trophy on offer. For the first time on the save, I will actually have an attempt at winning it as our title win in Malaysia gives us a group stage place, which even if it comes to nothing, surely this should fix any financial issues.

Well, seemingly not. It appears that the rewards aren't great until you go quite far into it. I mean there's a bit of money on offer but nothing transformative.

In the AFC Champions League there are 10 groups of 4 split into east and west. 5 groups on each side with 8 quaifying from them - so every group winner and then the three best runners up will all qualify for the knockouts. You cannot meet somebody from the other 'side' until the final.

We are given a horrible group. We're given the holders Ulsan Hyundai of South Korea, Beijing Guo'an of China and Kawasaki Frontale of Japan. Simply, teams from the three toughest possible leagues and one of them that holds the bloody thing! It's a very hard one.

But my god, we are giving them a run for their money.

image.png

We kicked off our CL campaign away at the holders, I game I expected us to get absolutely massacred in and where the superiority would shine through, yet despite a host of unavailabilities and a first half red card, we somehow came away with a point - and yet even then Ulsan needed injury time to grab that. We've shown we can hurt virtually anybody in this continent on this showing, even if we were massively hanging on in the end, I just think we're a very tough nut to crack and it showed here.

We followed that up with another impressive draw against Beijing Guo'an. We did hang on a bit again but we'll take that result all day, before a sensational turnaround victory largely fuelled by a superb display from new striker Sheriddin Boboev put us 2nd in the group at the half way mark.

image.png

A group I thought we would get absolutely tossed aside in and we're in the race to actually qualify. We've already surpassed my expectations and yet I feel if we can come this far, then why can't we get through it? I think with two away games to finish it'll be extremely difficult, but we're clearly a decent side. Limited talent wise, but a real tough unit to crack.

The league, well, too early to say in all honesty but we aren't quite scoring as many. We lost the super cup on the opening day (this is actually a thing in Malaysia where you play the super cup as your opening league fixture), and we did also lose our run of 17 straight home wins in the league due to a last minute penalty from Selangor, but nothing's really concerning me yet. I've definitely found the formula with these.

• Subscriber

One last battle in Malaysia?

As feared , we didn't go any further in the Champions League following two defeats in our last two games. Slightly annoyed about losing at Frontale who'd lost every game until that, but we did have a very early red card (which is becoming a bit of a problem). We finished 3rd in the group, a very respectable showing for the most part against vastly superior sides.

image.png

I do want to wrap up in Malaysia after this season though and don't think I'm going to sign a new deal if (when) offered because I don't want to get too bogged down in one club. I also see things going a little wrong in future as my favourite player is going to leave for nothing too.

So the battle is in Malaysia where we have three trophies on offer. The Piala FA, the Piala Malaysia (League Cup) and the league, of which we are the current holders of the last two.

--

League: We lead the table after 16 games, so just 6 left, but Johor DT have a game in hand so there's a lot of pressure on it still, but we do still have to play them. You'll see below how tight it is again. It's a very good title battle and one that's going to the wire again I think - Selangor are involved as well. I have to go away to both of them but I do think it's a big ask this time. We're not quite as convincing and a situation that's cropped up on the right wing is sickening, as I went from four options there last season to having to draft in a 16 year old from the academy due to expired contracts and long-term injuries. We're trying but it's difficult.

Piala FA: We beat Johor DT in the quarter finals and have a two legged semi against local rivals Perak, who are now in the second tier. We have a great record against them so I'm confident of making the final, but I expect Selangor to beat Sarawak Utd in the other semi, and they've given me more issues than anybody on this save.

Piala Malaysia: Weirdly, I've gotten 2 of the same 3 teams from last years group which has happened to me twice now. We won the whole thing last season. This is a competition where 16 teams from the top two leagues go into 4 groups, the top 2 go through then play two-legged knockouts to the final, but this happens after the league has concluded. My group is Sabah (1st tier), Projek FAM-MSN (2nd tier) and ATM (2nd tier) so I'm confident of progression, it's actually the latter two we had last season and we got 12 points from them both last year without conceding.

--

I'd love the treble but think it's a very big ask. I'd take two of the three if offered it. This, combined with my new coaching course which I should have completed by the end of the season, would boost my reputation enough to land probably a 2 star job in Korea or China, which is my next aim.

image.png

image.png

• Subscriber

2024 FINALE

So the season is completed and here's what panned out.

Piala FA: We made no problems of rivals Perak and we were into another final, but it was against Selangor who are for me, the team who've given us more problems than anybody. It was the most painful episode of this yet - Selangor won 1-0, in a pretty tight game, but I didn't feel robbed, I thought we struggled and had no serious answer to them on the day. One trophy gone and the only domestic one I didn't yet have.

League: Of our remaining 6 games, we won 3 and drew 3. We drew away at both Selangor and Johor DT, but most damagingly, we drew at home to N.Sembilan and in the end, Johor went on a pretty mad run at the end and pipped us on goal difference. We went into the final day knowing if we won 6-0 we were champions but we don't really score many, we only won 1-0. Two trophies gone. It really was sickening. We were so close in both as well.

Piala Malaysia: The final chance was probably the least important of the three as we already had it, and we also had the most distance to travel as it hadn't even yet kicked off. However, we did it. The other two didn't deliver in this competition whatsoever and we ended up winning it, beating Sabah away in the final, meaning we retained the trophy.

image.png

So it's 1/3. I can't lie - I'm disappointed. We were so close to being able to bag all three of them, but one is disappointing. I think there's a big of a 'big 3' in Malaysia now of Terengganu, Johor DT and Selangor, and we split the domestic trophies one each this season.

My reputation has grown a little, largely helped by undertaking a the National B license and another trophy. I'm at a bit of a crossroads here knowing what to do next - so I've played safe and signed a new two year contract (on slightly more money as it happens) and agreed to undertake the National A license.

It's tough to know what to do, I'm constantly feeling like I've maxed a lot of these players out and with one of my key players, Habib Haroon leaving on a free it's tough to see how we compete, but I think this season it's going to likely be a case of keep your eye out for better jobs.

• Subscriber

A license bagged - dividends paid...

The biggest twist yet has arrived in the save, and something that I hoped would happen.

image.png

After another bright start to the season, and bagging my A license, there seems to have been an almost immediate recognition.

image.png

I believe my game away at Tampines will be my last. The interview went quite well I think and it's definitely the right time to move.

Just as a side note though, I've bagged one absolute hell of a coup for these in Brazilian forward Santos.

image.png

Update coming shortly...

• Subscriber

No move to Australia, but trophies still look to roll in...

It's been a while since the "update coming shortly" as it happens. It appears that I've still got a bit to learn about the recruitment process in this game as I got that interview under the slight delusion that the job was basically mine given that they went out of the way to sound me out and approach me. It wasn't. Scott Miller (?) ends up taking the Adelaide job and we're back to square one at Terengganu, though nothing from the board expressing a concern or any kind of disappointment - I think I've progressed enough as a manager now, with a continental A license and a 2 star reputation that they know I'm probably a bit too high a level for them, without sounding big headed.

But it's still a job, and it's one that's running smoothly now, with such an established style of play in place and such a resilient, hard to beat side. I've played on through this season and I tell you what, well...

---

League: This is simply going to be the easiest title I ever win. We won away at Johor DT on the opening day (in what is also the super cup so I'll add that to my list!) and we've never looked back. 14 games played and we sit 11 clear at the top with a game in hand, winning 12, drawing 2 and only conceding 5. We are a beast at this level at this point. Nobody else has sustained any kind of form either with both the usual suspects of Johor DT and Selangor both having sketchy seasons, leaving us what I think will be a free run at the title. So that'll be good.

Piala FA: The only domestic trophy I'm yet to get my hands on. In-keeping with the league form, we're in the semi finals and face Kelantan (who I rate as probably the 4th best side in Malaysia), with either Perak or Kuala Lumpur in the final, of whom I'd expect us to beat. I think we'll win this trophy, but no taking it lightly either as I don't class any of the others as rubbish.

Piala Malaysia: Groups drawn, and we've been given an all top tier group of Kelantan, Penang and Perak, but this is a way away yet so no real focus.

AFC Cup: We were given a group of PSS Sleman (Indonesia), Kaya (Philippines) and Tampines Rovers (Singapore) and we made no mistake, topping the group with 5 wins and a loss, at home to PSS Sleman in a game we did rest a few. In quite funny circumstances we ended up drawing PSS Sleman again in the first knockout round (I'm still not totally sure how this works, but we're at a stage that's essentially a round of 16) and we knocked them out, but it wasn't easy at all, we needed an injury time goal at home to drew 1-1 then a Santos hat-trick to turn around a 2-0 deficit into a 2-3 win and 3-4 on aggregate at their place. In the ASEAN region final (the quarter finals), we are given LC Sailors of Singapore - who were my first ever opponents at Terengganu.

---

So it's going really well. We're doing well in everything and I feel like we're almost a bit overpowered without having a brilliant squad. I've stumbled upon a system that's really, really effective in which we hardly seem to allow many chances against us at all. Our games aren't high scoring but we often put enough pressure on to nick a goal. We win so many games 1-0 it's unreal. I am still aiming to leave these but I do think I should see out the league campaign at least now as I'm 99% sure we're going to win it.

• Subscriber

AND ANOTHER

image.png

Quite honestly that was the biggest one horse race of a league I've ever won. Great effort from all involved.

image.png

We can't better the all time record of 65 points (I'm not quite understanding how that was possibly attained) but we have recently taken the all time unbeaten run with 38 games. The resilience in this side is something else. I will miss them when I leave them.

• Subscriber

TROPHY ACCUMULATION

The Piala FA is ours as well, following an absolutely insane game against Kuala Lumpur in their own city. That's 3/3 this season - can we do the unthinkable and win 5/5? The AFC Cup is my priority now.

image.png

To highlight the absurdity of the game...

image.png

Old habits never die...

image.png

This trophy made me the official most successful manager in Malaysian football with 2 leagues, 3 cups and a super cup. This part of the journey has gone better than I ever thought it would, but it's just one part of a journey, and there is a long, long road ahead to achieve what I want to achieve - but my god I'm developing the right habits!

• Subscriber

THE LIGA SUPER MASSACRE - TERENGGANU 2025

I think I've got to give a few special mentions to some of the things that actually took place this season. We were so ridiculously clear of everyone it was bonkers. I've not known a side of mine with this much consistency.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Onto the AFC Cup, it's LC Sailors of Singapore up next!

• Subscriber

FIRST CONTINENTAL GLORY

image.png

We did it. We won the AFC Cup, equivalent of Asia's Europa League so unfortunately it doesn't count towards my pentagon, but it's a big step in the right direction. In all honesty we did it quite comfortably as well I thought - becoming only the second Malaysian side to win it after Johor DT in 2015, and only the 4th time the winner has come from the east Asian side out of 22 editions of the tournament - so it's a great achievement and probably the pinnacle for this club up to now.

However, we would fall short in the final one. We lost the Piala Malaysia final to Negari Sembilan on penalties in a pretty mad smash and grab. Fair play to them. It's hard to get angry after the season we've had although I doubt I'll ever get another chance to win five trophies in one season. It's been a miracle of a season, almost too simple at times (no seriously, it's hit a point of being a little boring especially in Malaysia).

I won't be extending my contract beyond the end of 2026 because there's nothing more I can realistically achieve here - we have another crack at the AFC Champions League next season which is my priority, but my reputation is now 2.5 stars and that's higher than the majority of A-League managers, so I think my next job could well be soon and it could be at a side that has a shot at winning the AFC Champions League.

What a season though. Incredible stuff.

Honours list:
TERENGGANU FC (7)
Liga Super Malaysia (2) - 2023, 2025
Piala Malaysia (2) - 2023, 2024
Piala Sultan Haji Ahmed Shah / Malaysian Super Cup (1) - 2025
Piala FA (1) - 2025
AFC Cup (1) - 2025

• Subscriber

ON WE ROLL

Another season begins and it's another trophy we kick off with - revenge for the Piala Malaysia final as we beat Sembilan 3-0 on the opening day, meaning a second straight super cup win and an eighth trophy at Terengganu.

I've done it all in Malaysia now. There's nothing more to realistically achieve, so I set out this plan for the new season. My contract ends at the end so that's the latest I'll be at this club as I'm not signing another. I'm going to have a crack at the AFC Champions League and if the circumstances are right (aka, I'm not another 3/4 games from a domestic trophy) then I'm going to resign afterwards.

We make another strong start in the league, and are given a AFC Champions League group of Suwon (Korea), Kashima Antlers (Japan) and Port (Thailand) which I consider tough, but slightly kinder than last time.

The highly likely scenario is Suwon win the group as they're in the strongest league, but second place can still qualify. There are ten groups of four, which sees 16 of the 40 teams qualify - they're split between east and west so 5 groups on each side, and on each side, the three best 2nd placed finishing teams qualify too. That in my opinion is our best route to qualification.

---

We start our campaign at home to Antlers who are a name in Japanese football. I'm expected to lose but it never happens - we're incredible and deliver possibly the best effort from a Malaysian side on the continent and win 4-0. The unthinkable but this team just doesn't seem to know where to stop.

Until we go to Suwon. That proves to be too much and we're 3 down not long after the break. Mansor pulls two back and we put in a valiant effort, but Suwon add another at the end and it ends 4-2.

The next game is crucial against Port, who are seriously not a bad team, they've gone through a few times on this. It's a battle but one we come through, and we win 2-1 despite a late scare of a comeback.

The fourth game is the rematch against Suwon, so another home game. We play really well but it's a late away win. 4 games played, 6 points and qualification unlikely - we have two away games and probably need to win them both, or get four points including a quite unlikely away smacking, but we're yet to pick up an away win in the Champions League under my tenure.

We go to Japan and it's disaster. We're 4-1 down at the break as my goalkeeper Husin has an absolute nightmare of a game, a game we actually don't play terribly in but we pay the price with some pretty shoddy defending. It ends 5-1 and bar a miracle that's the end of our campaign, in the group stage with just 7 league games played. I think the end is very near.

We travel to Thailand to take on Port in what I see as a bit of a bonus. Go out there and go and somehow win. Port are dead and buried and have nothing to play for, if we can win then there's the tiniest chance we go through but it'll require quite the swing in the other groups to ensure we finish as one of the higher ranked 2nd placed sides.

We do the unthinkable, and somehow win it 0-6. I have no idea where it came from. We were made 5/1 to win the game prematch and everything just flew in. An incredible result. Sadly though, it wasn't enough. We were out.

image.png

And with that, and a very, very heavy heart...

image.png

The time was right. We were in the title race, 2nd behind Johor but it wasn't unwinnable. However, I just didn't have the hunger anymore. What more could I realistically do there. My stock is high at the minute and I need to move up before I end up spending this entire career in Malaysia. I'll do a proper Terengganu write up but what a ride - 8 trophies in 5 brilliant years. Genuinely, unironically it went far better than I imagined it would. I started this save to build up the most bizarre of rapports and this is a perfect example, this is footballs world tour and the first step was a great one, but on we move.

So long, the Turtles.

• Subscriber

TERENGGANU - THE REFLECTION

So just a bit of an overview, some of the stats from a really good leg of this journey. When I got that job at Terengganu I took it on the pretence that I was going to achieve something in the short term that was virtually unattainable and just two losses later it was gone bar a miracle. I thought given my lack of experience, the fact I'd essentially thrown real life me into the game, gave me no security in this but they didn't sack me, they let things continue, and thank god they did eh?

The real key twist in the save came upon something I've used before, but kind of stumbled upon too - in playing a 4-1-4-1. It's a very unglamourous formation. It relied on creating pretty much a wall in midfield, a battering ram of a striker who'd hold the ball up and allow others to join on the break. Nobody in Malaysia seemed to have any clue how to handle this. Our defensive numbers were extraordinary and we scored plenty too.

I played 217 games. Of those, we won 145 of them (66%), we drew 39 and we lost 35. We scored 405 and we conceded 155, giving us a +250 goal difference. We bagged 8 trophies along the way - the highlight being the 2025 season which saw us claim four in one season.

The key players throughout the save, I'm going to highlight 5 key players from each save and in this instance, given the consistency of the delivery, I'm going to highlight some of the longer serving...

image.png

Mohd Suhaimi Husin - He did drop a couple of clangers at the end for me (particularly in the Kashima loss) but on the whole he was really reliable, despite me coming into the club and thinking 'my god, our keepers are terrible', he made himself safe from being replaced for years with his general reliability. He was a player who really surprised me.

image.png

Michael Enaruna - Signed fairly early on to replace my outgoing so called best player in Redzovic. He was an instant success and probably the highest level player we had in the team over the years. His height was a massive weapon as we became unmatched in our set piece ability. I very nearly went with his partner Zakaria but Enaruna was the superior player.

image.png

Muhd Azam Asmi Murad - I had to select one of the full backs as both had held their places here during my entire tenure, but he was the higher performing of the two despite being asked for the most part to hold the most defensive role. He was ultra consistent over the years and picked up many caps for Malaysia as a result.

image.png

Adam Nor Azlin - Resilience personified. Signed for me in my first summer but was ruled out for the entire season just before it got underway, but he clawed himself back into contention. He'd pick up another bad injury in the famous 2025 season but once again, he'd return and score 4 goals in our 2026 CL run, some effort for a central midfielder with finishing of 1. He deserved including.

image.png

Mohd Syamer Kutty Abba - A huge part of our side and another Malaysia international, signed in the first summer but frequently our best player, a key part of the counter attacking football we played. He scored the winning goal in the AFC Cup final as well.

Below, my all-time best XI in my opinion...

lineup.png

But it had to end eventually. It had run it's course and it was time to go. We are back in the game. I have landed in a bigger league in Asia. More to follow...

• Subscriber

BACK IN THE GAME

Just 20 days after handing in my notice at Terengganu, we were back in the game. My aim was to move on to one of the stronger leagues in Asia, but I did have a late change of plan having seen a very appealing job come up at Kaizer Chiefs - given the challenge is to win every Champions League in the world and South Africa is the only African league you can manage in, that's an opportunity you don't get often, but sadly I was too late and their recruitment process was over before I threw my name in.

I handed in an application at K-League side Pohang Steelers and bagged an interview, whilst the K-League's basement team, Gangwon FC, also decided to give me an interview. Pohang the preference, but Gangwon wasn't something I'd turn my nose up at either.

Pohang would revert to an old name, but Gangwon offered me the job. Now I must admit, in literally the 11 days that had passed from the initial interview to actually being offered the job (I delayed Gangwon as I wanted Pohang), their situation looked seriously precarious.

I don't have the table saved, but what I remember is that they had played 15 games, picked up 7 points and were 7 points behind the team in 11th (league of 12, 12th goes down, 11th goes into the play-off). Basically I did start to think... this is quite a risk. But I've always backed myself to get a few results together in these scenarios, and I decided to sign.

So the next leg of our journey, is Gangwon FC!

• Subscriber

GANGWON FC

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fe/Gangwon_...

Gangwon are a relatively new club in the Korean game. They were formed in 2008 and play at the 10,000 Gangwon Stadium based in the city of Gangnueng (turns out this isn't a real ground and was built in 2024). They consider their rivals to be Gyeongnam. They are a small club without much history, although what little they have so far they have spent in the top tier of the Korean game.

image.png

But as you see here they've hit a bit of a slump and this season it all appears to have come to blows, with the team bottom of the K-League, morale shot to pieces and relegation looking the likely outcome. My job? Simple. Keep them up and we go from there. It's a risk to my reputation but it's also a route into probably the strongest league I can manage in in Asia, so play my cards right and that first Champions League trophy could be getting nearer. But we're miles, absolutely miles from that at the minute. There is a transfer window and a possibility to re-organise things somewhat, but this is going to take a good effort. Delighted to be in Korea though, the league I wanted more than any other.

Looks exciting!

I remember the days where I had some time for games. How do you get through so much? I need to upgrade my laptop into something better or a PC again one day for when I do wanna play video games haha..

15 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

We get it. You’ve got kids and taught English in Japan. 

I’ve been through this many times, I taught English, Maths, Art, PE and Science. Thank you very much. 

But my point is, I am impressed at the efforts and in no way having a dig at people playing video games so find Tommy’s comment a weird one?

• Subscriber

I just have a decentish amount of free time really and the truth is if I'm at home there's a fairly decent chance FM will at least be on even if I'm not playing it constantly. I've also found holidaying between games, while a slightly lazy way to play the game that can backfire on you as well if you have a player wanting to talk to you, it does save loads of time and helps you progress. Given this is a save I expect to last at least 20 seasons, then I need to cut a corner or two.

There's the odd time I kind of miss just my usual being able to build a good side in Europe, handy resources, buying up the wonderkids etc... but this is quite rewarding. Whilst Gangwon is no mega job I actually feel like I've earned that relatively good position - and these would probably survive in the Championship squad wise.

31 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I’ve been through this many times, I taught English, Maths, Art, PE and Science. Thank you very much. 

But my point is, I am impressed at the efforts and in no way having a dig at people playing video games so find Tommy’s comment a weird one?

In think he’s joking you big wetwipe X

35 minutes ago, Dan said:

I just have a decentish amount of free time really and the truth is if I'm at home there's a fairly decent chance FM will at least be on even if I'm not playing it constantly. I've also found holidaying between games, while a slightly lazy way to play the game that can backfire on you as well if you have a player wanting to talk to you, it does save loads of time and helps you progress. Given this is a save I expect to last at least 20 seasons, then I need to cut a corner or two.

There's the odd time I kind of miss just my usual being able to build a good side in Europe, handy resources, buying up the wonderkids etc... but this is quite rewarding. Whilst Gangwon is no mega job I actually feel like I've earned that relatively good position - and these would probably survive in the Championship squad wise.

Ah there we go - the holidaying between games is something I never did and I used to get lost in stats and searching players etc haha taking half my time up! 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Ah there we go - the holidaying between games is something I never did and I used to get lost in stats and searching players etc haha taking half my time up! 

Oh I still do all of this. I spend plenty of time on that. I just cut the odd corner too. I think one thing that's a problem on FM is it's too easy to get a good backroom team so once that's set they can do my touring the world finding these gems while I piss off on holiday and rake in the credit because I know every now and then how to organise a team!

Oh and I'm 99% sure Tommy was joking.

Archived