talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What Boots Do You Wear?

football forum

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm an adidas or Umbro man. Never owned a pair of Nike boots and I've been through tonnes! 

I can't even find my exact boots online! Bought them in Tokyo. Seem to be a special edition of the Adidas 11pro champions league kind. I always go super expensive for football. 

This is the closest. Except mine are all black with a gold design at the back and red studs.

IMG_2405.JPG

I have these 2.

Nike Hypervenom, that my friends gave me as present but they are kinda uncomfortable and I rarely use them.

20160830123518_nike_hypervenom_phatal_ii

Even though I didn't expect that when I bought them, these Asics became my favourite since the first day I wore them.

63674.jpg

• 8 months later...

So, I lied. I bought something else that wasn't puma. (they were already tearing after a year of playing) 

Just bought these Adidas Predators 18.1 all black. Great fit and extremely lightweight and comfortable. 

This coming April will be my first competitive season since tearing my ACL, and I've been training since September for it. So excited. 

170138.jpg

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Cicero said:

So, I lied. I bought something else that wasn't puma. (they were already tearing after a year of playing) 

Just bought these Adidas Predators 18.1 all black. Great fit and extremely lightweight and comfortable. 

This coming April will be my first competitive season since tearing my ACL, and I've been training since September for it. So excited. 

170138.jpg

love those. would look nicer if they were some kind of light blue/electric blue instead of the gold exterior trim and red interior trim. 

Good luck though!

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

When did you tear it and when did you have the op? I had the op 3 weeks ago so in the early stages of some very long rehab. Horrible injury isn't it? Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy and will always feel for sports people that suffer it from now on!

24 minutes ago, Marc said:

When did you tear it and when did you have the op? I had the op 3 weeks ago so in the early stages of some very long rehab. Horrible injury isn't it? Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy and will always feel for sports people that suffer it from now on!

Tore my ACL and Meniscus spring of 2015 and had the surgery that summer.  Getting over it mentally was my biggest struggle, hence me not playing competitive football for 3 years. 

Yeah the pain was unreal. It was so bad, I had nightmares of reliving and experiencing it weeks after it happened. 

Another issue was that for my surgery, it was a hamstring graft. So they took a portion of my hamstring to make it the new ACL. What this did, was leave my hamstring very sensitive during rehab. I went to work about 2 weeks after my surgery. I went down to pick something up, only to have my hamstring tear. That hurt like hell and set my recovery back even furthur. 

Now, I have a big indent in my hamstring where my tear was, and it effects my muscle memory. So I had to learn how to adapt to having a new graft along with a chunk of muscle off of my hamstring. Fun times. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Tore my ACL and Meniscus spring of 2015 and had the surgery that summer.  Getting over it mentally was my biggest struggle, hence me not playing competitive football for 3 years. 

Yeah the pain was unreal. It was so bad, I had nightmares of reliving and experiencing it weeks after it happened. 

Another issue was that for my surgery, it was a hamstring graft. So they took a portion of my hamstring to make it the new ACL. What this did, was leave my hamstring very sensitive during rehab. I went to work about 2 weeks after my surgery. I went down to pick something up, only to have my hamstring tear. That hurt like hell and set my recovery back even furthur. 

Now, I have a big indent in my hamstring where my tear was, and it effects my muscle memory. So I had to learn how to adapt to having a new graft along with a chunk of muscle off of my hamstring. Fun times. 

I can unfortunately go at least one better. I tore my ACL, both meniscus and my posterolateral corner, which means I had the patella graft on the ACL and the hamstring graft on the PLC. I'm going back to work next week and that will be 4 weeks off work, not sure how you went back after 2 weeks, i couldn't have!

I don't think i'll play football again. As mine was a double reconstruction it's 18 months of rehab before sport if I was to return, by which time i'll be 30. It's not worth going through this again and I don't think I could go into a 50/50 challenge like I used to if I did return. 

Nike tiempos, black with white tick. I loved Ronaldinho as a kid so got them when I was younger and have bought them ever since.

If I were back home and hence be playing 11 a side, I would be looking to buy a new pair. I would go for all black boots similar to Dybala (who has recently changed to white I believe o.O) or the black sock, black boot combination.

Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor

Black boots, black socks. :x

Archived