talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Winter break

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Devil said:

Unbelievable that they are going ahead with a winter break this weekend whilst clubs have had so many games cancelled.

Surely this should be every clubs chance of a catch up.

They're putting games on the 15th and 16th of February. They just haven't officially announced them yet.

Manchester United are one of the teams that will be playing.

7 hours ago, Devil said:

Unbelievable that they are going ahead with a winter break this weekend whilst clubs have had so many games cancelled.

Surely this should be every clubs chance of a catch up.

A lot of clubs will have players away in South America and Asia, as well as AFCON.

34 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

A lot of clubs will have players away in South America and Asia, as well as AFCON.

Yes it suits those teams no doubt about it, but clubs like Burnley who had played 7 games in 62 days need to fulfill fixtures. Surely the league can assess the squads and make a fixture in order to prevent a fixture pile up further down the line.

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Devil said:

Yes it suits those teams no doubt about it, but clubs like Burnley who had played 7 games in 62 days need to fulfill fixtures. Surely the league can assess the squads and make a fixture in order to prevent a fixture pile up further down the line.

Burnley have no midweek commitments so will probably be fine putting rearranged games in midweek later in the season. 

I'm surprised we're not playing Norwich this weekend to help avoid the congestion. I think I remember reading that if we progress in Europe and the FA Cup, we only have 2 free midweek options later to fulfil the postponed games (Everton, Chelsea, Norwich, Burnley). So I think somewhere along the line we'll have to play 3 games in a week like Man Utd did last season. Or sacrifice Europa Conference League which I don't think we should do. 

Archived