talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bruno Guimarães

According to Globoesporte Lyon have accepted a €40m euro offer from Newcastle. He's an incredible player and would be a massive signing for Newcastle. I'm still annoyed we didn't get him when he went to Lyon.

https://ge.globo.com/futebol/futebol-internacional/noticia/lyon-aceita-proposta-do-newcastle-por-bruno-guimaraes-por-40-milhoes-de-euros.ghtml

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Bruno. He played for my hometown, Athletico Paranaense, so I've been following for quite some time. 

In Brazil, he was a 8. In France though, he's used more as a 6.

IMO His best attribute is his passing. He has excellent range and the vision. He's gotten a lot better defensively, but that is probably the area where he could use some improvement, because he's really, really good with the ball on his feet.

Another thing I would like to point out is his attitude. He's learnt french in less than 6 months. That's quite rare among brazilian players, but it shows how bad he wanted to succeed in France. 

On 25/01/2022 at 20:51, ...Dan said:

According to Globoesporte Lyon have accepted a €40m euro offer from Newcastle. He's an incredible player and would be a massive signing for Newcastle. I'm still annoyed we didn't get him when he went to Lyon.

https://ge.globo.com/futebol/futebol-internacional/noticia/lyon-aceita-proposta-do-newcastle-por-bruno-guimaraes-por-40-milhoes-de-euros.ghtml

I have to agree, I have been very impressed with Guimaraes every time I have watched him play. He will definitely strengthen Newcastle and he's just the kind of midfielder that they really need.

This one came out of nowhere,  but he is probably the best player we have signed since Yohan Cabaye,  incidently enough he will likely play a similar role to Cabaye. 

The bottom half of the league is a bunch of teams that don't seem to want to make a bid for freedom,  so a few wins in a short space now may take us out of the mire.    So far the business has been smart,  hope it stays that way rather than any panic moves. 

It's been a bit surreal,  maybe this signing will mean that there is something else planed for deadline day.

A left fullback and center half are needs to address,  would also be nice to get Lingard on loan,  provided Man United are going to be reasonable about a player they have flat out neglected for two years. 

• The title was changed to Bruno Guimarães

Archived