• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Paulo Dybala - Liverpool interested

football forum

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

When you look at his history its muscle issues mostly, fatigue, hamstring, groin, etc. You'd have to start thinking if Klopp want's him to play that high-press whether that would aggravate everything but I think if the medical staff evaluate it and say its fine who's anyone to really say anything till he has an injury that keeps him out longer. Personally, if he can stay fitter than Thiago and Keita its an upgrade on the amount of time we get out of those two and he has the skill and talent to succeed if he does. 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I don't know enough about him to pass comment but a lot of people seem to think he'd be a bad fit for us?

To me he's like Renato, so much potential shown and never truly lived up to it. But like you, I only watch the guy when there's CL matches on and don't really follow Serie A to give a better idea of what any club would get if he moved. That said, this guy was hot property at one point and he's also 28 so this might be his last chance to change the system around him and try to get better. 

16 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I don't know enough about him to pass comment but a lot of people seem to think he'd be a bad fit for us?

Tbf people also thought Mane and Salah would be a bad fit for us.

I think he's quality, the only issue with him really is injuries - think he could do a good job for us in the Bobby role tbh. Having said that, if we've got to pick between giving him massive wages as a free transfer or sign Diaz from Porto... I think I'd want Diaz from Porto more - because I think we need more cover out wide for when we don't have one (or both) of our brilliant wingers.

I'm going to be honest, I watch a lot less Serie A football than I used to (I used to love that league and watch it a shitload) - but I will say that most of the time I've seen Dybala I've thought he's been absolute quality. And I'll never be upset that if a player I've admired for a long time joins Liverpool.

Free transfers with us are always risky though, at least from Liverpool red tinted glasses, because aside from Milner and Gary Mac... I feel like most of the players we've signed on free transfers have ended up to be poor signings. Although I think we signed Aurelio on a free transfer and I loved him. Honestly, it just might be the awful memories of Joe Cole pretending to still be a footballer in a Liverpool shirt that just have me fearful of free transfers xD

I've always thought he was a really classy player, drops into pockets of space a bit like Firmino does.

Like others have said though, gets injured a fair bit and I think he'd struggle to adapt to the pace of the Premier league.

31 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Put it this way, would you rather have Origi come off the bench for Firmino/Jota... or Dybala?

Good point, but I would also like Thiago to be starting in midfield over Ox & Milner and look how that’s working out. We have too many injury prone senior players, I really want us avoiding bringing in more. Of course I would prefer Dybala over Origi, but with our luck he would be injured loads. 

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's a shame it's not Chiesa because he is the one I always thought looked a Liverpool player all day long.

Chiesa would be an unreal signing, but there little to no chance now he’s with Juve. Especially with them seemingly buying a competent striker in Vlahovic. 

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Put it this way, would you rather have Origi come off the bench for Firmino/Jota... or Dybala?

Can’t come off the bench injured. Unless something changes and he has an unreal run of health, guaranteed missing around 20 league games a season. Look there is a reason why Juventus isn’t and hasn’t renewed his contract.

4 hours ago, Spike said:

Can’t come off the bench injured. Unless something changes and he has an unreal run of health, guaranteed missing around 20 league games a season. Look there is a reason why Juventus isn’t and hasn’t renewed his contract.

I don't know enough about him but his league appearances don't suggest he's always been injury prone, just that he missed a lot of last season?

4 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I don't know enough about him but his league appearances don't suggest he's always been injury prone, just that he missed a lot of last season?

You’re right. I was thinking a few years longer till I looked just now. It’s mostly been since 2019

https://www.transfermarkt.us/paulo-dybala/verletzungen/spieler/206050

Archived