• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sky Sports Thread

football forum

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Sky Sports Thread

Twitter trolls are everywhere, you've got to have a very thick skin to work in the TV industry and have social media accounts, and if you don't have that thick skin perhaps you are better off out of it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/jun/27/sky-sports-channels-prices-football-golf-cricket?CMP=twt_gu

Interesting. I did think something may come of the recent TV drop in viewing figures.

I'd say largely it's down to the obscene prices they charge and the fact more and more cheap alternatives are popping up.

I still think it's a total farce that someone in Lesotho can watch any Premier League game and someone in England can't.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Pep Talk said:

Wonder when it comes into play

The cricket channel is coming in from 2020 so probably around then. 

I wonder if this means they'll lose the rights to some EFL and La Liga games. They would sometimes pack Sundays with Spanish football from 11am all the way to late evening. That won't be possible if they're to continue Premier League on one channel for the Super Sunday games. Considering they're only going to have 2 channels they're going to have to sacrifice something. Also wonder if this means BBC might try to get coverage rights for EFL. I think about 6 or 7 seasons ago they had rights to show 10 live games per season. I'd love if BBC got some rights back to show more live games. They won't get near the Premier League games. Sky and BT already have such a stranglehold on that. 

Good that the prices will be cheaper though, possibly from as a little as £18. Probably only get 1 football channel and option of the golf, cricket or Arena channel though. 

31 minutes ago, Stan said:

The cricket channel is coming in from 2020 so probably around then. 

I wonder if this means they'll lose the rights to some EFL and La Liga games. They would sometimes pack Sundays with Spanish football from 11am all the way to late evening. That won't be possible if they're to continue Premier League on one channel for the Super Sunday games. Considering they're only going to have 2 channels they're going to have to sacrifice something. Also wonder if this means BBC might try to get coverage rights for EFL. I think about 6 or 7 seasons ago they had rights to show 10 live games per season. I'd love if BBC got some rights back to show more live games. They won't get near the Premier League games. Sky and BT already have such a stranglehold on that. 

Good that the prices will be cheaper though, possibly from as a little as £18. Probably only get 1 football channel and option of the golf, cricket or Arena channel though. 

But I thought it states that there would be two channels for football 

I'm sure la Liga will have the same amount of games 

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

But I thought it states that there would be two channels for football 

I'm sure la Liga will have the same amount of games 

Yeah there will be. I can't get around how they'll juggle Premier League, EFL and La Liga across on 2 channels. I'm sure there's been times this season where they've used more than 2 channels across a weekend to avoid clashes across the 3 leagues. Maybe I'm wrong and it's all in my head xD

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah there will be. I can't get around how they'll juggle Premier League, EFL and La Liga across on 2 channels. I'm sure there's been times this season where they've used more than 2 channels across a weekend to avoid clashes across the 3 leagues. Maybe I'm wrong and it's all in my head xD

I'm fairly sure they'll sacrifice a few EFL matches. Either that or they're losing a few more Premier League games to BT and can now get by with two channels. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm fairly sure they'll sacrifice a few EFL matches. Either that or they're losing a few more Premier League games to BT and can now get by with two channels. 

yeah, probably that. this deal won't be in place for a few years though. 

• Administrator
Just now, Aaroncpfc said:

God bless Kodi.

flirted a lot about getting Kodi.

What do you need for it? And what's the quality of streams like - delayed or not, lot of options for HD and streams with English commentary?

9 hours ago, Stan said:

Yeah I think there were plenty of games on sky sports 5 this year. While some were on sky sports 1.

• 8 months later...
  • Subscriber

Sky sports marketing has been tedious for years. I'm glad I've spent most of the last 6 years living away from home without a Sky box so I don't have to see the adverts all week but still get to watch the games on Sky Go.

• 4 months later...

What football does Sky Sports actually have left?

The have the majority of EPL, the EFL and Carling Cup in England.

Half the rights for the Scottish Premiership and Scottish Cup.

European Qualifiers (except England, who seem to have their own deal with ITV).

As for other leagues, seems they might only have MLS left.

For an entire channel 'Sky Sports Football', they have about five matches for the upcoming weekend.

• Subscriber

Sky are at their lowest point I can remember now. Coverage is at an all-time low and their marketing has become a parody. SSN is fucking awful as well. Don't think I ever bother with it anymore.

Archived