talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Confirm Davy Klaasen Signing

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Quality signing, surprising as Davy is Ajax through and through. Good in the air, good technique, good passer, could be a sneaky pick for the Fantasy football. If anyone can get the best from him, Koeman can.

Perhaps this signing is the strongest indicator yet Barkley is leaving?

Hardly seen anything of him but been reading up past few days and I'm happy this has happened. 

Sadly means Tom Davies will play less but he'll still get games with the Europa. 

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

Funny thing is, I can see Everton spending all the money to go from 7th to 7th. Top 6 too strong imo 

Chelsea and Liverpool will have the strain of Europe, Spurs will have to adjust to Wembley, Arsenal are in a new found territory, and both City and United haven't exactly set the pace when they've spent big in previous seasons. 

Im not saying it will happen, but there could be an opportunity for Everton to push on.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Storts said:

Funny thing is, I can see Everton spending all the money to go from 7th to 7th. Top 6 too strong imo 

That's eminently possible, but if we don't invest then we certainly won't break into the top 6 so got to get stuck in.

Going to take a lot more than this summer window to challenge. Add hopefully more games with Europe and it's unlikely. 

We gave up at the end of last season which is why the points gap was so big, as soon as 7th was cemented it was over. 

Heading in the right direction. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

That's eminently possible, but if we don't invest then we certainly won't break into the top 6 so got to get stuck in.

Certainly, not criticising you for it, good to be showing some ambition. Just feel like it's really tough to break through. Then again look what Leicester did two years ago - nobody saw that coming. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Chelsea and Liverpool will have the strain of Europe, Spurs will have to adjust to Wembley, Arsenal are in a new found territory, and both City and United haven't exactly set the pace when they've spent big in previous seasons. 

Im not saying it will happen, but there could be an opportunity for Everton to push on.

You could be right - I can still see the status quo being maintained though. Think the top 6 are a level above if things click, and Everton's team is beyond that currently, but they have to spend like this to close the gap, and so far two weaknesses addressed.

I personally think next year will be a lot more competitive than last year. Don't see any reason why Everton can't improve on 7th place. Having said that, I hope they don't and all of this spending gets them in 8th place or lower...

They're spending money but I'm not sure how much quality they're actually bringing in which is a much more important part of this. Not saying this because I think this player isn't good, just don't know much about him.

If Lukaku and Barkley go then it wouldn't be building on what has worked it would be a fairly new Everton attack. Who knows what that would bring but I don't think any expectations of significant advancing should be placed on the team.

I've hardly seen him play so can't judge. Obviously comes with a reasonably good pedigree. Good age, has been a Captain at his previous club too so he's obviously a leader which is what Everton need. Koeman doesn't make many bad signings either.

That said, we've seen a few players struggle when they have made an impact in the the Dutch league and then found their way to the Premier League. Hopefully, he's not another Andy Van Der Meyde for them because he really was a let down. 

With all due respect, I think many people would have considered Vincent Jansson a really good buy for Spurs last summer and look what happened. Alfonso Alves for Middlesbrough was another that springs to mind.

7 hours ago, Lucas said:

I've hardly seen him play so can't judge. Obviously comes with a reasonably good pedigree. Good age, has been a Captain at his previous club too so he's obviously a leader which is what Everton need. Koeman doesn't make many bad signings either.

That said, we've seen a few players struggle when they have made an impact in the the Dutch league and then found their way to the Premier League. Hopefully, he's not another Andy Van Der Meyde for them because he really was a let down. 

With all due respect, I think many people would have considered Vincent Jansson a really good buy for Spurs last summer and look what happened. Alfonso Alves for Middlesbrough was another that springs to mind.

Yea there have been players that have struggled but I blame that on the English team rather then the Dutch league. They buy players too quickly after a player has had 1 good season, even Patrick Kluivert struggled when he left Holland at a young age but then became one of the best strikers after a while.   Try and look at the signings from players that have had a few good seasons in the Dutch league  like Zlatan, Suarez, RVP, V Nistelrooy,Eriksen, they have hardly been flops.  Klaasen is an established player, also decent for the national team, I can see this as a solid signing with also the right coach.

On 2017-6-16 at 7:37 AM, Dr. Gonzo said:

I personally think next year will be a lot more competitive than last year. Don't see any reason why Everton can't improve on 7th place. Having said that, I hope they don't and all of this spending gets them in 8th place or lower...

In seasons where you're big players leave it can be a great effort just to hold your ground. Lukakus goals will be hard to replace. 

• Subscriber

Lukaku's goals will be hard to replace but you only need a couple of midfielders, let's say Sigurdsson and Klaassen, to chip in 6-7 goals each and that's already more than half of them replaced before we even talk about who we bring in up front. 

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Lukaku's goals will be hard to replace but you only need a couple of midfielders, let's say Sigurdsson and Klaassen, to chip in 6-7 goals each and that's already more than half of them replaced before we even talk about who we bring in up front. 

Minus Barkley that's 10 goals lost?

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Last season our top goalscorers behind Lukaku were Barkley (5), Coleman (4), Mirallas (4) and Jagielka (3). Pathetic really. 

You defo need midfielders to score goals, I'm guessing Sandro is more of a wide-forward than a centre forward/9?

Archived