talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MTG Chat

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

No. No standard

RNA was pretty average you didnt miss much, although GRN was the best Ive played. Are you planning on any Horizon's events or looking to a post modern/arena format or whatever they create?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

The crazy mofos banned looting and the gak. unbanned SFM. I finally bit the bullet and traded in some shit for blackcleavecliffs to play pyro... gunna have to transition that into the mardu skelemental hybrid deck I guess. Not sure how phoenix is going to survive either, izzet charm and or cathartic definitely slow the deck down.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
9 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Looks very interesting and because I started playing in Tarkir, it will add value to my collection as a whole. @Viva la FCB

I've been disenfranchised with MTG lately TBH. A lot has happened in the modern environment so this might be what I need. 

I agree on both parts. I started getting back into it a little after you so between past standard and my modern cards I figure ive got at least a playset of all the staples anyways, so barrier to entry should be almost nothing. The ban list is going to be interesting, supposedly they will be managing it closely for the first little bit, i imagine DRS, DTT and TC will be closely watched, people are a little bit hesistant with marvel but I think theres enough answers it will be fine but im excited for the idea well see what happens. I was already planning to go to GP Portland so this makes it a little more exciting.

Personally I havent played in a little while either for various reasons; I sold my condo and moved all within a month, definitely some fatigue with Hogaak summer and all that followed I havent played any modern since that basically but I will get back into it again soon. Horizons has been a weird time with so many cards getting injected things where very up in the air, I dont think looting needed to be banned personally but thats another story. Standard however has been complete ass imo since core set so I havent been touching that. Its probably been ass since Guilds which was absolutely fantastic and without a doubt the best standard Ive played so maybe Im a little jaded. Im going to try a few FNMs before the GP but If nothing changes in the overall meta and Pioneer ends up capturing my heart I hope to drop standard entirely. 

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Dig and saheeli should have been pre banned I have decided. 
Marvel was unplayable in standard while Saheeli guardian was going around. But now saheeli guardian will meet up with another deck that was the best deck during its time in standard. 4 colour rally.

I am genuinely curious to see if Dig/DRS are not broken without fetches. Saheeli has probably got to see the hammer, I dont really see a way where its fine but well see what other degenerecies people come up with. 

9 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I am genuinely curious to see if Dig/DRS are not broken without fetches. Saheeli has probably got to see the hammer, I dont really see a way where its fine but well see what other degenerecies people come up with. 

Ban cat. Ban dig. Keep cruise to see if it's okay or not without fetches. 

Other cards that need to watch their backs. Tefairi, Marvel, Emrakul, Hazoret, Skullcrack.

Swiftspear, soulscar mage 1 drop
Skullcrack, lightning strike, incendiary flow 2 drop
Crazy hastey goblin 3 drops
Hazoret  and frenzy at 4. 

Red looks yuck. 

2 felidar guardians go infinite with impact tremors... Or 1 guardian and a 'copy target creature' creature. 

Archived