• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MTG Chat

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, Tanksie said:

@Viva la FCB Won modern night at my lgs for the 2nd time in 3 weeks on Tuesday. Got a modern PPTQ this weekend and next. I am currently 9-2 with Ponza.

Let's turn these cunts over.

Sweet man, good shit keep it up. Goodluck at the PPTQ. Whats your local meta like atm?

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

Varied. Never any 2 copies of a deck in the room other than Jund, Tron or very very rarely Burn.

Deaths shadow, Jund, Affinity, Eldrazi Tron and Through the breach Valakut are always around.

Having all different matchups makes it alot more fun for my money. I enjoy playing Affinity just because its my toughest matchup, although with recent sideboards it has gotten better. Ill be back to playing more modern starting in October probably.

Modern is my favorite format. It's not often I say this but Wizards have handled the format very well from both a game play angle and by making the cards cheaper and more available than they otherwise would be.

Some people complain that it's too fast and swingy, but I think that's a poor argument. The format is so healthy from a diversity angle, and if all the decks can keep up, and a 'fair deck' is the best deck in the format then it's in a good place.

• Subscriber
On 8/18/2017 at 4:24 PM, Tanksie said:

Modern is my favorite format. It's not often I say this but Wizards have handled the format very well from both a game play angle and by making the cards cheaper and more available than they otherwise would be.

Some people complain that it's too fast and swingy, but I think that's a poor argument. The format is so healthy from a diversity angle, and if all the decks can keep up, and a 'fair deck' is the best deck in the format then it's in a good place.

I agree completely. Theres nothing that unbalances the format, they way they handled the bans seems to be perfect much like how standard has finally gotten to where it is now. DS is fine being the clear best deck, its not unbeatable and not unfair by any stretch its just really strong and theres perfectly fine.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Tanksie said:

I won my local modern event again. But only went 3-1. getting 1st on resistance. I lost to Affinity in the final round, but I was playing down. Fuck affinity.

I beat Living end round 1, grixis deaths shadow round 2 and Jeskai control round 3.

Affinitys hands can be just disgusting sometimes i really think i hate that deck the most to play against to be honest. Just vommit everything out.

6 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Affinitys hands can be just disgusting sometimes i really think i hate that deck the most to play against to be honest. Just vommit everything out.

Game 1 was a non starter. My opponent was the LGS owner, and he plays jund 90% of the time. I kept a good anti jund hand and got punished. Game 2 Goblin dank dwellers did its magic and rekt him, game three was SUPER close, probably misplayed. Traded a courser fir 7 life which probably cost me the game. I ticked up Chandra later in the game flipping a card blind, with only double green up, and got punished when I flipped an ancient grudge:(. I died with him on 6 life. Great game.

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Tanksie said:

Game 1 was a non starter. My opponent was the LGS owner, and he plays jund 90% of the time. I kept a good anti jund hand and got punished. Game 2 Goblin dank dwellers did its magic and rekt him, game three was SUPER close, probably misplayed. Traded a courser fir 7 life which probably cost me the game. I ticked up Chandra later in the game flipping a card blind, with only double green up, and got punished when I flipped an ancient grudge:(. I died with him on 6 life. Great game.

Those are the kinds of games you dont mind losing other then a mistake or two you notice later. Cant be mad at an outcome with a good game of magic either way.

• Subscriber

All them spoilers. Honestly i was excited for the idea of Ixalan as i love tribal shit and merfolk. So far im kind of underwhelmed with whats been spoiled. Overall power level seems fairly low, I know its early and that can change but so far i think the sealed will be a blast but im not sure about the impact on constructed, i was hopeful to be able to play a decent merfolk deck in standard but that might not happen. Kopala is good, probably doesnt crack the 75 as things stand i just think overall Kira is better in most situations. Its a great card to add to the toolbox but the time isnt now for him to shine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Alright alright alright. Im officially aboard the grixis pirate hype train. I cant wait to build this, much like the hapatra deck idgaf if its good i plan to play the shit outta these at fnm. You've got some amazing tempo options with that new counterspell for 1U and spell peirce reprint and the 1 drop pay u and counter target spell that targets you or permanent you control. Im really liking this.

• 2 months later...
On 09/09/2017 at 3:56 AM, Viva la FCB said:

Alright alright alright. Im officially aboard the grixis pirate hype train. I cant wait to build this, much like the hapatra deck idgaf if its good i plan to play the shit outta these at fnm. You've got some amazing tempo options with that new counterspell for 1U and spell peirce reprint and the 1 drop pay u and counter target spell that targets you or permanent you control. Im really liking this.

Hope you got rekt like you deserve hahaha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 12/1/2017 at 9:23 PM, Tanksie said:

Best podcast is freshlybrewed imo

I am on Mardu veichles, as I have a player of the year event coming up soon. Not a fan of standard at the moment and I can't fucking wait for Kaladesh to go.

Cheers, ill check it out.

Im with you, the energy is just so perisitic and repetitive to play against. I feel like i've played temur a thousand bajillion times even at store level events. What's your mardu list looking like? I've still been playing it here and there but mainly on a grixis control list these days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Well i won my first fnm going 4-0 and played some good players and 3 where off meta decks. Pulled in 30 bones in store credit which i promptly used (with a bit i had) to fill out most of my Gisa and Geralf edh deck that i had decided to put together. Mostly because i have a ton of old zombies and the left overs from standard and nothing to do with them! I was on Mardu as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Don't like standard at the moment tbh. Wont play til Kaladesh rotates.

I went 5-2 at GP sydney (team modern) with living end. My team mates let me down tho, 4-3 with tron and 2-3 with humans. Currently just playing modern and legacy. Don't mind dominaria draft at all though. My favorite draft since Kaladesh.

Archived