talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MTG Chat

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Don't like standard at the moment tbh. Wont play til Kaladesh rotates.

I went 5-2 at GP sydney (team modern) with living end. My team mates let me down tho, 4-3 with tron and 2-3 with humans. Currently just playing modern and legacy. Don't mind dominaria draft at all though. My favorite draft since Kaladesh.

Kaladesh man, so many mistakes xD I havent had a chance to draft Dom yet but the sealed and prerelease was a blast.

Living end seems pretty good at the moment in a world with jeskai, I would imagine a good matchup against mardu pyro as well, no? Tron seems good in the meta too. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Living end ends tron. Sadly Humans is unbeatable. I'm playing Bant Spirits online. Two 4/1s so far. Hoping to qualify for the mocs and bring my brew to the world.

I forgot about that bit, thats fair. Dude! Bant spirits was my first or second modern deck I completed I still play it here and there, basically running Caleb's current list minus the hierarchs I still refuse to buy. What new tech are you toying with? Ive seen people try curious obsession instead of coco and mixes of both. 

4 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I forgot about that bit, thats fair. Dude! Bant spirits was my first or second modern deck I completed I still play it here and there, basically running Caleb's current list minus the hierarchs I still refuse to buy. What new tech are you toying with? Ive seen people try curious obsession instead of coco and mixes of both. 

No real tech bar the fact I am playing noble and I'm playing 3 bygone bishop

I need to buy caverns at some point, and Okina has never been activated. Other than that very happy so far.

• Subscriber

Byone bishop is interesting, how has it been for you so far? Ive always kind of debated using bishops or nebelghast herald in some numbers. Also I like castle thats kind of sweet with geist actually.

• Subscriber
On 6/2/2018 at 23:50, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It's ya boi. Reking poor Jim Davis.

@Viva la FCB

Good shit! Ive been watching alot of Rossum lately so Ive seen a bit of Jim too, I like em both their good guys. 'Tis why I like Spirits so much, playing at flash speed is so satisfying your opponent cant play around everything also Maus wanderer is pure gas on turn 1 I love it.

Did you watch any of the pro tour this weekend? Not the most exciting top 8 ever but the finals was pretty good watching.

• 1 month later...

Love the 2 drop lord. He a house. It's ALMOST modern pptq season here in au. The 28th will be our first right up to the 9th of the 9th Me and the boys are going to at east 7 or 8. I'll be playing sapeshift to start, with hollow one, dredge, ponza, burn, black white control, living end and stax available. I don't own spirits in paper sadly. @Viva la FCB

• Subscriber

Goodluck man, get 'er done. I dont know what your meta is like but I am constantly surprised how consistent hollow one seems to be. 

I've been watching as much content as I can since the new 2 drop lord has been making appearences. Goldfish did a bunch of games, I've watched Caleb stream it a few times and last weekend Zan Syed was running it in the team SCG event. All the list are kind of different Im not entirely sure what to drop yet, So far I've been testing down to 3x Giest 3x Selfless and dropped the 2x Image to make room. I think Zan and goldfish If I remember both dropped Geist in their lists and that just seems crazy to me. Consistently making him a 3/3 plus possible exalted attacks seems to insane to pass on. Either way Moorland Haunt is a house with the extra lord, Im excited, Ive always enjoyed this archetype.

7 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Goodluck man, get 'er done. I dont know what your meta is like but I am constantly surprised how consistent hollow one seems to be. 

I've been watching as much content as I can since the new 2 drop lord has been making appearences. Goldfish did a bunch of games, I've watched Caleb stream it a few times and last weekend Zan Syed was running it in the team SCG event. All the list are kind of different Im not entirely sure what to drop yet, So far I've been testing down to 3x Giest 3x Selfless and dropped the 2x Image to make room. I think Zan and goldfish If I remember both dropped Geist in their lists and that just seems crazy to me. Consistently making him a 3/3 plus possible exalted attacks seems to insane to pass on. Either way Moorland Haunt is a house with the extra lord, Im excited, Ive always enjoyed this archetype.

I dropped Geist too. The meta crushes him

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

PPTQ tomorrow. Playing dragon skred. Fuck. My. Life.

Why am I doing this? Because I deserve to suffer.

Goodluck man, godspeed. That deck looked sweet though, if nothing else im sure it will be a blast to play. I didnt get to see it live but I heard Todd Stevens did a VS series game or two with it, Ill have to check it out.

@Viva la FCB 63 man pptq. I came 4th in Swisse beating U/W enduring ideal 2-1, Burn 2-0, Grixis shadow 2-1 Merfolk 2-0 then IDd the last 2 rounds. Top 8 was Mardu x2. U/W control x2 Skred dragons, Humans, Mefolk and E tron. I paired Mardu and crushed 2-0. Top 4 was me, x2 U/w and humans. I prayed for humans and god didn't answer. Lost 2/1 to U/W:(

Got an expo watery grave for my trouble

• Subscriber

How did it the deck feel? I saw an SCG decktech of the guy that won last weekend and he was talking about going down to 2x Glorybringers and up a second thundermaw. Either way from the outside the deck looks super sweet.

• Subscriber

Damn son keeping it going. I went 3-1 with bant spirits losing to some jeskai control jank...Main deck thing in the ice I flooded hard game 1 game two he turn three blood mooned me. I went 2-1 against some mono red tron jank, 2-1 against Jund, 2-0 against Jund and lost 2-0 at the end.

I've been watching alot of Jeff Hoogland over the last several months he was testing and narrowing down a list for U/R wizards. It's basically a counter burn deck. It's super sweet. I know the last Scg over the weekend he went 9-0 day one and ended 13-x day two to finish second in Seedings. Lost out to some poor draws in the top 8 in game 3 to humans. The deck is a blast to watch, Hoogland is a bit of a dick but he's likeable and a very good player.

After playing solid for a long while and watching good players streams and replays I really have a hard time watching Saffron Olive now I can appreciate how many misplays he has always made that I never noticed before lol.

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

@Viva la FCB If you're still on bant, you're in a good spot.

i'm playing pelt zoo online and have been on Abzan, scapeshift and hollow bois in paper. I made 3 pptq top 8s. dragons, scapeshift and hollow boi. But no win :(

4-1 in my first league with pelt collector. it's legit

Yep I just love the gameplay, Ive yet to try out Strasky's list with the 3 vials in place of some rattle chains though. I finally bit the bullet on my horizon canopys on the last ebay 15% off sale im waiting on those to come :D BUT Ive finally sleeved up thing ascension, this is my second love. Deck is a blast, You dont know love until youre double surgicaling off pyro ascension. 

Ive seen alot of the ridiculous starts that zoo deck can have. pelt collector is a fantastic card im not surprised to see it land in modern. How was Abzan playing? Ive been curious to see if any abzan or sultai lists take off now. Have you seen the steemkin risk factor deck floating around a bit, its like a combo burn deck running risk factor runaway steemkin, rituals, arclight phoenix's, bedlam revelers. Ive seen turn 2 revelers the deck might actually have legs. 

Have you been toying with any standard yet? seems pretty wide open im actually excited to play some standard for the first time in probably close to 2 years lol. Alot of my preorders are looking pretty good to start out here.

8 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Yep I just love the gameplay, Ive yet to try out Strasky's list with the 3 vials in place of some rattle chains though. I finally bit the bullet on my horizon canopys on the last ebay 15% off sale im waiting on those to come :D BUT Ive finally sleeved up thing ascension, this is my second love. Deck is a blast, You dont know love until youre double surgicaling off pyro ascension. 

Ive seen alot of the ridiculous starts that zoo deck can have. pelt collector is a fantastic card im not surprised to see it land in modern. How was Abzan playing? Ive been curious to see if any abzan or sultai lists take off now. Have you seen the steemkin risk factor deck floating around a bit, its like a combo burn deck running risk factor runaway steemkin, rituals, arclight phoenix's, bedlam revelers. Ive seen turn 2 revelers the deck might actually have legs. 

Have you been toying with any standard yet? seems pretty wide open im actually excited to play some standard for the first time in probably close to 2 years lol. Alot of my preorders are looking pretty good to start out here.

I beat the steam kin thing the other day, very cool. but spends a remarable amount of time spinning its wheels. i'm not convinced it's faster and more consistent than just vanilla burn.

I'm 6/8 with Abzan. Sultai is a trap

Archived