talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mason Greenwood

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

The voice recording she's uploaded is just horrifying

Ai. Couldn’t believe he says “well I asked politely”. I’m just worried it prejudices any potential proceedings as she’s shared it on social media. His lawyers will argue he’d never get a fair trial.

• Administrator

Disgusting piece of shit. Hope he gets the punishment he deserves. 

Heard that some of the clips/pictures she's shared is old, like that should matter. Fact is he's an abusive rapist from the clips and he's a twat. Or worse. 

Police involved already I guess. 

• Administrator

Seen a good point made on Twitter. Very unlikely this is the first time he's done this. She wouldn't just randomly choose to record it as if she's anticipating it to happen that night, and given how old the clip could be, he could have done it more than once to her. 

Hope she gets the support she needs after this traumatic ordeal. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I get what people say about her giving Greenwood's lawyers a chance of arguing for an unfair trial but if I was her, I wouldn't trust the police to resolve things in a satisfactort manner. There are far too many tricks, delays and obfuscations that the rich and powerful use to buy themselves time and grind down their accusers when they get in hot water. The court of social media hits Greenwood where it hurts, his career is over.

Also unimpressed to see how many neanderthal edgelords there are out there falling over each other to make Prison FC jokes. I can appreciate an offensive joke if it's actually funny, but a painfully unfunny joke based on sensitive subject matter which thousands of other people are making at the same time is just incredible shit patter.

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, shut up said:

It looks bad as things stand, but that what happened with the johnny depp case & then it turned out it wasn't as black and white as people thought 

He’s literally on audio attempting to rape her. He’s done. 

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Rick said:

He’s literally on audio attempting to rape her. He’s done. 

Yeah there's literal evidence of it. Can't see how he gets out of this, not that I think he will. 

• Subscriber

Doesn’t even feel right opening a Manchester United topic to read about this. This isn’t Manchester United news it’s a spoilt little twat who has the world at his feet and thought he was untouchable. He needs prison time and justice needs to be served. And most importantly that poor girl needs the help she deserves, credit to her for coming out. 

Edited by JoshBRFC

Even for someone who's seen some mental stuff online, the audio clip is pretty shocking. 

Unless his team can somehow say its not his voice I don't see how he can get over this. And from using the time when the recording was made and working out his and her whereabouts, it should all be quite easy to verify.

It also seems like what she released was a small clip from a very long recording. The full thing will probably remove any ambiguity, if there even is any.

Edited by Inverted

35 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Jesus Christ. Why do some footballers think they’re untouchable. What an absolute clown, what a waste of talent. 

The poor girl. 

This culture of being above the average man and in control of young women is out of control.

Greenwood deserves prison time and his career ending but this isn't just him, this is loads of footballers.

Look back at the Ched Evans case, he was proven not guilty in the end but it was still a case of a group of young footballers treating a young women like a piece of meat.

Getting back to Greenwood the photos alone are horrific but the audio is just mental, as a father of two young girls the thought that someone would treat them like that makes me sick to my stomach. Career over and rightly so, his family must absolutely ashamed and heartbroken at what he's thrown away.

• Subscriber

If true, get rid asp, I noticed the BBC has not got hold of this yet, well, have not seen anything and as @Devilsaid "still a case of a group of young footballers treating a young woman like a piece of meat." that seems to be the culture nowadays, become a football star and earn a lot of dosh and they become gods amongst themselves, football and other sports have become just a circus nowadays.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Devil said:

This culture of being above the average man and in control of young women is out of control.

Greenwood deserves prison time and his career ending but this isn't just him, this is loads of footballers.

Look back at the Ched Evans case, he was proven not guilty in the end but it was still a case of a group of young footballers treating a young women like a piece of meat.

Getting back to Greenwood the photos alone are horrific but the audio is just mental, as a father of two young girls the thought that someone would treat them like that makes me sick to my stomach. Career over and rightly so, his family must absolutely ashamed and heartbroken at what he's thrown away.

Didn’t speculation start a couple of years back?

• Subscriber

The opportunities and riches afforded to footballers when they aren't mature enough to make sensible choices (for some of this applies well beyond Greenwood's age and into their 30s) definitely lead to a higher rate of this sort of despicable behaviour.

It's worth considering the bigger picture as well though. This woman is a personality in her own right with a huge social media following. She has a platform to deservedly ruin Greenwood's career and life for treating her that way. There are thousands of similar couples across the country though without the same sort of profile and in the UK, the rate at which accusations of rape or domestic abuse actually result in prosecutions is incredibly low, around 2%.

I find it hard to believe 98% of cases are false accusations. Sexual assault is a serious conviction so you can understand why the threshold for evidence is high but surely something more needs to be done, and this is another reason why as the victim in this case, I'd be plastering it on social media instead of trying to go through the proper channels.

• Upvote 1