talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mason Greenwood

3 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

You are entitled to your opinion, but I believe that opinion won't be shared by the majority of the fanbase.

I actually think you'd be in the minority of the fanbase in thinking he's just going to be able to keep playing for United without getting loads of flak. This isn't the NFL where rapists, wifebeaters, and murderers are forgiven so easily - I think if he plays for United again there's going to be significant fan backlash from United fans. And opposition fans will be happy to give him as much shit as they can.

Anyone who heard the audio and saw the pictures is going to have a hard time ignoring that. The fact he's innocent in the eyes of the law doesn't change what people have seen and heard. And I think a good portion of English football fans are disturbed that he's likely just getting off because the victim is refusing to testify for whatever reason.

24 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Mason Greenwood can fuck off. And if you support him or his goal in playing for Manchester United ever again, you can fuck off as well.

Seeing the response on social media and forums today I don't think United or the sponsors could allow him back.

He's not been proven innocent, if anything her claiming it was role play makes it more suspicious as that's what everyone said was the only possible explanation.

Let's get this out there though, I don't know of any 20 years in my period growing up that were sexually at the role play stage. It all stinks, really stinks.

It wouldn't surprise me if he dumped her within months of all this as well. 

12 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

You are entitled to your opinion, but I believe that opinion won't be shared by the majority of the fanbase.

Greenwood will play for United again and United  fans will cheer him on, opposing fans will boo and sing offensive chants but they do that to opposing players anyway.

Not having that I'm afraid, your entitled to your opinion but I don't believe it to be true.

He won't get the chance, Adidas and all the main sponsors will surely step in due to the size of the deals they have with the club.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Greenwood will play for United again and United  fans will cheer him on, opposing fans will boo and sing offensive chants but they do that to opposing players anyway.

FFS, we are just getting United back into normality thanks to ETH and you would think it is ok for him to just go back to normal playing-wise? he should be given the boot asp, there is more to this than meets the eye with all this shit and my own personal opinion is he is guilty as fuck and it's trying to be swept under the carpet. :dam:

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I actually think you'd be in the minority of the fanbase in thinking he's just going to be able to keep playing for United without getting loads of flak. This isn't the NFL where rapists, wifebeaters, and murderers are forgiven so easily - I think if he plays for United again there's going to be significant fan backlash from United fans. And opposition fans will be happy to give him as much shit as they can.

Anyone who heard the audio and saw the pictures is going to have a hard time ignoring that. The fact he's innocent in the eyes of the law doesn't change what people have seen and heard. And I think a good portion of English football fans are disturbed that he's likely just getting off because the victim is refusing to testify for whatever reason.

I understand that a good portion of English football fans don't want him to play again for United,  but for the most part they are fans of other clubs. 

Soccer fans are extremely territorial,  they support their own, especially talented ones. 

As for the audio and the pictures, the CPS said there was new evidence that has come to light that meant there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction.   So there must be something that casts doubt on whether the tape and the pictures were real or truthful.

4 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

I understand that a good portion of English football fans don't want him to play again for United,  but for the most part they are fans of other clubs. 

Soccer fans are extremely territorial,  they support their own, especially talented ones. 

As for the audio and the pictures, the CPS said there was new evidence that has come to light that meant there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction.   So there must be something that casts doubt on whether the tape and the pictures were real or truthful.

I mean, out of the United fans on here... the ones from the UK that love United seem to be the most outspoken critics of him and his actions.

I assume it was more to do with judicial economy than anything else as to why his charges have been dropped (not worth the time and hassle going to trial against a millionaire when there's other cases that are going to be easier to prosecute for them), rather than any legitimate sense of justice. I think if he wasn't a millionaire footballer, they'd probably have been less worried about the fight he'd put up against prosecutors.

1 hour ago, Redcanuck said:

No chance his career is over.  If he is a free agent in the summer, he will get  offers from a lot of clubs. 

Including Newcastle, let's not forget who owns you, one of the greatest violators of human rights in history.  I think it's time you got off your high horse regarding United. 

nobody will touch him, sponsors are dependant on people buying a product and when the mob demand they get.  Nike dropped Kanye West for saying dubious stuff, mason Greenwood has not been aquitted and rape is a very big deal.

he may play again but it will be in some other league, maybe with Ronaldo.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean, out of the United fans on here... the ones from the UK that love United seem to be the most outspoken critics of him and his actions.

I assume it was more to do with judicial economy than anything else as to why his charges have been dropped (not worth the time and hassle going to trial against a millionaire when there's other cases that are going to be easier to prosecute for them), rather than any legitimate sense of justice. I think if he wasn't a millionaire footballer, they'd probably have been less worried about the fight he'd put up against prosecutors.

Why would the CPS talk about new evidence then?

Let's see what this new evidence is and what United's next statement on the matter is.

• Administrator
Just now, Redcanuck said:

Why would the CPS talk about new evidence then?

Let's see what this new evidence is and what United's next statement on the matter is.

This is speculation, but I wonder if the 'new evidence' is anything that the girlfriend had done to Greenwood at some point in the past. Whether to the same level or not who knows. But jn order to not have her own name tarnished, the prosecution have basically said she can drop the charges to avoid other charges being brought against her, and in doing so that particular evidence stays confidential?

Just to add, in saying the above, it's not to say what Greenwood has done is in any way acceptable. It isn't, and no one in their right mind should be defending it. The above points don't excuse his behaviour and isn't meant to come across as such. 

I don't know fully how the legal system works, but it's just a thought as to why the case has pretty much collapsed. 

12 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Unfortunately there are a lot of sick people out there and there are people who like it rough and like to be hurt.

You might be getting mixed up with the end of the Scareface movie.

19 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Unfortunately there are a lot of sick people out there and there are people who like it rough and like to be hurt.

Mate they were 19 and 20 years of age....

I said it earlier but was you playing rough and doing role play sex when you were that young. Nobody was, you were still learning about the basics of sex and anyone who says otherwise is lying.

29 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Absolutely.   Seemed to be more concerned with the potential loss of fame and fortune for the family from day one.

This case and the Rooney cheating shite just shows me how bad parents can be.

Both cases it's clear the parents have influenced their child's decision to keep them within the gravy train.

Personally I'd rather my child have a normal life than sell their soul to the devil for money.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

And today we have mobile phones, computers & laptops to play their rough & ready antics plus all the sites like Instagram, Twitter, etc, nothing like this years ago just verbal and newspaper hearsay. 

I genuinely think it's as simple as her no longer wanting to get him prison time over this. Don't know what the "new evidence" could be but it could be something they just made up together to get him out of the situation. This is all just speculation though.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Pretty much this, plus the shit he will have to endure from social media/press/fans etc is gonna be too much which I don't even know how he will be able to even perform on a good level at this club if given the chance, not to forget he is only 21 years old and that stuff can easily young people.

1 hour ago, Devil said:

Not having that I'm afraid, your entitled to your opinion but I don't believe it to be true.

He won't get the chance, Adidas and all the main sponsors will surely step in due to the size of the deals they have with the club.

I know an awful lot of match going reds. Not a single one wants that odious cunt to ever play again. All the E-Reds are buzzing though. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I know an awful lot of match going reds. Not a single one wants that odious cunt to ever play again. All the E-Reds are buzzing though. 

A few more matches for Antony and you'll be begging for the return of Greenwood.

• Haha 2

It's not roleplay. He's a girl basher, but she's toxically attracted to the rich as fuck athlete. 
He deserves prison, and it makes me so sad that she's not seeing this through to the end, because a high profile case win could have led to a lot of good in the world, and many more girls being empowered to leave their abusers. 

• Upvote 2