talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mason Greenwood

• Administrator
1 minute ago, True Blue said:

Of course not but for such a high profile case surely he can't buy his way out?

No-one really knows the reasons why the charges have been dropped. 'New evidence' has been brought to the case. But what that exactly is only those involved in the case will actually know. 

59 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Why so Phillip isn't he "not guilty" or am i missing something?

We saw photos. We heard video recordings. She has bruises, blood from her nose.

The bloke is scum of the earth, and her enabling this behavior because she wants this footballer WAG lifestyle is equally as disgusting and a mockery to all those both physically and mentally abused.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

The bloke is scum of the earth, and her enabling this behavior because she wants this footballer WAG lifestyle is equally as disgusting and a mockery to all those both physically and mentally abused.

Oh not familiar with all that then really.

• Administrator
52 minutes ago, Cicero said:

and her enabling this behavior because she wants this footballer WAG lifestyle is equally as disgusting and a mockery to all those both physically and mentally abused.

We don't fully know that she's intentionally enabling his behaviour. Don't forget there were allegations of coercion as well. So maybe she's not consciously doing it. And it may not be for the reason to want a WAG lifestyle. 

I do have a lot of sympathy for any other victims who have now been put off reporting or contacting police as a result of this. It could have been a monumental shattering case to help empower women and give them hope and belief that their reports would be taken seriously. Sadly seems to have taken a step back but we don't fully know the reason why. 

• Upvote 1

Wife beaters played on as recently as the 90's. Probably even more high profile too, the 2 that I remember. But accused rapists is new to me. It will be, interesting, for want of a better word, to see what happens with the not guilty Mendy & charges dropped Greenwood. But if either want to play. Feel confident enough to be in the public arena. You just know some club somewhere will take them on. Even if their current clubs decide it will not be with them.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

This is why we need to know the new evidence the CPS talked about.  My reading of the statement by the CPS casts doubts on the validity of those photos and video recording.

The CPS don't need the victim to lay charges or testify against him to take this to trail.  If evidence of rape comes to their attention they will investigate it and lay charges if they feel a crime has happened.

If the CPS believe that the photos and the video recording are a true reflection of what happened, they should charge him. If he is found quilty he should go to jail and he should never play for United again.  But until I know all the facts, I am not willing to destroy Greenwood's life.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Wife beaters played on as recently as the 90's. Probably even more high profile too, the 2 that I remember. But accused rapists is new to me. It will be, interesting, for want of a better word, to see what happens with the not guilty Mendy & charges dropped Greenwood. But if either want to play. Feel confident enough to be in the public arena. You just know some club somewhere will take them on. Even if their current clubs decide it will not be with them.

Mendy still has charges outstanding, to be heard in June. 

There are several reasons the charges might have been dropped. 
His dumb GF (who is still dating him mind) dropped them 'cos she loves him' and 'he promised he won't do it again'

or

Her team are convinced that because she dropped the recordings publicly there's not a jury in the first world who can deliver an unbiased verdict.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

There are several reasons the charges might have been dropped. 
His dumb GF (who is still dating him mind) dropped them 'cos she loves him' and 'he promised he won't do it again'

or

Her team are convinced that because she dropped the recordings publicly there's not a jury in the first world who can deliver an unbiased verdict.  

There's also the point that the CPS said there was new evidence that had a bearing on a realistic prospect of conviction.  

I do not think he can come back although obviously, if she refuses to give evidence and goes along with this bullshit of it being consensual roleplay and the injuries caused by other things, what can they actually do? They'd have to get external proof as the burden of proof lies with the prosecution to prove him guilty, not the defence to prove his innocence.

Come back for United, no. I don't think United can be this tone-deaf. The PR disaster would be monumental.

From what is going around, Greenwood was able to get in contact with his alleged victim during his bail and is now back with her. The girl's father made her delete all the evidence and say she was hacked as he senses a pay-day off of her being with Greenwood. 

Should any of that be true, United need to do the right thing here. 

Personally, I think it is true, the guy is an utter scumbag and should never play professional football again. Unfortunately, he will likely still do the latter but hopefully not at any kind of high level.

9 hours ago, Tar-Mairon said:

I do not think he can come back although obviously, if she refuses to give evidence and goes along with this bullshit of it being consensual roleplay and the injuries caused by other things, what can they actually do? They'd have to get external proof as the burden of proof lies with the prosecution to prove him guilty, not the defence to prove his innocence.

Come back for United, no. I don't think United can be this tone-deaf. The PR disaster would be monumental.

From what is going around, Greenwood was able to get in contact with his alleged victim during his bail and is now back with her. The girl's father made her delete all the evidence and say she was hacked as he senses a pay-day off of her being with Greenwood. 

Should any of that be true, United need to do the right thing here. 

Personally, I think it is true, the guy is an utter scumbag and should never play professional football again. Unfortunately, he will likely still do the latter but hopefully not at any kind of high level.

Was discussing this with my dad today, if he doesn't have a future with United then it will go across the board, nobody will accept him. 

Sponsors, fans, staff members, nobody is going to accept him wherever he goes.

I've heard a rumour there is issues with staff at United unwilling to accept him back, you could see people quit their jobs on principle if he were to return as its blatantly obvious what's happened.

• Upvote 2

Just now, True Blue said:

Phillip will be delighted @DeadLinesman

It was reported in The S*n. Says it all really. United haven’t even ended their internal investigation which has nothing to do with ETH. A bloke that dropped Rashford for being late isn’t going to integrate Greenwood into this team. And if he does, fuck him and fuck Manchester United.

57 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

It was reported in The S*n. Says it all really. United haven’t even ended their internal investigation which has nothing to do with ETH. A bloke that dropped Rashford for being late isn’t going to integrate Greenwood into this team. And if he does, fuck him and fuck Manchester United.

Even though it would be funny to see you rattled it won't happen, the media backlash would be too great and United don't want that in any case scenario. He will probably released and play in the lower leagues or abroad.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, MUFC said:

The new evidence that came to light must of been that she was pregnant meaning she had sexual relations with Mason after he was charged.

You couldn’t make this up.

Do you have a link source stating this?

This is the latest I can find from the BBC so not sure if accurate. Mason Greenwood attempted rape charges dropped - BBC News (2nd February).

Edited by Juniper

32 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

If he plays for us again, it will be a Cazztastrophe.

There maybe more to this than meets the eye and unfortunately even this dropping of charges wont redeem him. The public have a short memory. I think Man Utd have more than cut their losses and have moved on. Greenwood would need to rebuild hi public persona if he desires getting back into football.

29 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I've only seen The S*n as a source so far. BBC reported it earlier but then they seem to have downplayed it since with "there are rumours that"

These things never play out too well and I feel there are many loose ends and still ties towards Greenwood. Just too note, I don't feel the 'female' in any of this appears to be innocent so not sure of her stance, if she has been named and made any public statements (I haven't looked too closely) but all the press is generally about Greenwood.

Edited by Juniper