talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mason Greenwood

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

What a cretin this bloke is.

Richard Arnold's statement was terrible too, anybody involved in the preparation of that statement should resign, including Richard Arnold.

Mark Goldbridge did an hour long video on the Greenwood subject and this was clipped up and taken out of context. 

It's fake news and damaging. I'd personally edit the post and take down the video.

There are generally far too many people online with far too much to say about things they are not the most qualified, most knowledgeable or most impartial person to be hearing from.

If I was Manchester United fan YouTube 'content creator' I would probably not be going into any great detail or depth on Mason Greenwood full stop. 

In a way I do agree, that the police are the people to contact. Whatever the case, issue or concern.

But it's pretty obvious whatever else was around it, he is of a mind that if it was dealt with privately, he's back as a Man United player.

Mike Tyson is actually a convicted rapist. Had a career after.

Gazza's wife with a badly beaten face was once on newspapers front pages. Had a career after. Still gets wheeled out to talk as a national treasure every now & then.

Stan Collymore punched Ulrika Johnsen in a French bar. And is on UK national radio covering football.

If there is any point to make, it is just that times are changing, for the better. That many people are having problems, which are now being listened to, accepting luxury celeb lifestyle easily continuing.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Rick said:

Signs for Getafe…..on loan from Utd. 

Wtf, I thought they had terminated his contract?! 

Yes, you would have assumed he's not still being paid his Man United salary & was free to go wherever would take him, but.. ?? He is apparently a Man United player on loan at Getafe now..

I'd imagine there will be another wave of reaction if it comes out they are still paying his wages. After announcing his departure. 

I did hear a bit of Simon Jordan soon after the 'leaving' statement suggesting Man United as separate business thing would be looking to maintain asset value, or something along those lines.

Do they look for a transfer fee next summer? Or see if the vibes have changed it he does well in Spain & seems alright when you listen to him. etc.

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Signs for Getafe…..on loan from Utd. 

Wtf, I thought they had terminated his contract?! 

No grounds for termination, especially with Richard Arnold saying he was innocent of all charges.  He still has a contract of £75,000 a week for another year at least,  might be two.  There were talks with Getafe about who was going to pay his salary.  Unless Greenwood is willing to accept a lot less money, it wouldn't surprise me if United are paying a sizeable portion of his wages, because I don't think Getafe pays those type of salaries.  

25 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

No grounds for termination, especially with Richard Arnold saying he was innocent of all charges.  He still has a contract of £75,000 a week for another year at least,  might be two.  There were talks with Getafe about who was going to pay his salary.  Unless Greenwood is willing to accept a lot less money, it wouldn't surprise me if United are paying a sizeable portion of his wages, because I don't think Getafe pays those type of salaries.  

To most people I know 'leaving by mutual consent' is actually supposed to imply 'termination'

The club lose enough matches, and ETH is paid up & sent on his way.

I guess it's your club, if that all sits right with you.. 

But I would suggest they a) just do not want to pay up remaining salary in 1 hit. And b) at best may perhaps be contemplating a future transfer fee.

48 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

To most people I know 'leaving by mutual consent' is actually supposed to imply 'termination'

The club lose enough matches, and ETH is paid up & sent on his way.

I guess it's your club, if that all sits right with you.. 

But I would suggest they a) just do not want to pay up remaining salary in 1 hit. And b) at best may perhaps be contemplating a future transfer fee.

Wasn't passing judgement one way or the other, just saying they didn't terminate his contract. I doubt they could have legally terminated his contract. 

The mutual consent was over him not playing for United and United said they would work on finding another team for him to play for.  Since no team offered to buy him, a loan was the only option.  Not sure what will happen at the end of this loan period,  since I believe he will be a free agent.

Edited by Redcanuck