talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mason Greenwood

For anyone that is curious, the alleged woman cleaned up her social media accounts. This isn't a matter of her being paid off, rather the police and her solicitors advising her to do so. It prejudices a case (Trial by Media). She could've already severely damaged the case by releasing them to the public.

3 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

The "unnamed Everton player" under investigation for child sex offences is still technically under contract, just suspended. I expect that's what will happen here too until there's an actual conviction.

Different circumstances that I know is entrapment, there could be a way back out of that

6 minutes ago, Devil said:

There is now rumours doing the rounds he was arrested over a year ago for kidnapp and assault of the same girl but charges were fully dropped.

Apparently this is why Southgate made a statement claiming Mason needed to sort his situation out otherwise he wouldn't have an Englsnd career.

You posted that after I wrote it but yeah this has been suppressed by the look of it. I can’t confirm or deny that I know that for a fact though 😉

Edited by Fairy In Boots

10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

For anyone that is curious, the alleged woman cleaned up her social media accounts. This isn't a matter of her being paid off, rather the police and her solicitors advising her to do so. It prejudices a case (Trial by Media). She could've already severely damaged the case by releasing them to the public.

Unfortunately, as some have already said on here and given what has happened recently, people will have difficulty trusting the police with anything like this, especially given that this would be a high profile case.

Every time a celebrity gets accused of something like this, I can grudgingly accept the "innocent until proven guilty" responses from people who don't want it to be true.

But in this case, the proof is there. I don't think there's any more a victim can realistically do to back up an accusation. 

Of course, maybe somebody else caused the bruises, and maybe its just someone with a similar voice on the recording, but at a certain point you have to acknowledge what the most obvious explanation is.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Unfortunately, as some have already said on here and given what has happened recently, people will have difficulty trusting the police with anything like this, especially given that this would be a high profile case.

Greenwood's defence will undoubtedly claim an unfair trial considering these videos and images were made public. It's a cowardly tactic but the quicker she removed the evidence the better. The issue now is to select jurors who have no idea who Greenwood is and/or the circumstantial evidence. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Devil said:

Exactly, she knows by taking it through the correct channels it will get covered up and more than likely he will get away with it. 

She has decided to effectively destroy his career as a punishment instead and I for one applaud her for it.

His career as a punishment is secondary to what punishment he will/should actually get. 

I applaud her bravery and guts to go public with it and out him for the disturbing and disgusting person he is. To have bottled that up for however long must have been difficult enough. Then it takes even more bravery to release it all. It must have felt quite cathartic for her to do it? I just hope she has the right people around her as this will just be the beginning of the next part of the ordeal. Thankfully there are a lot of domestic abuse survivor helplines and support networks around these days. 

2 hours ago, Devil said:

The audio is dated October 2021, the photos started from 2020.

A lot of rumours now circulating that the club and Gareth Southgate have been aware of this stuff for two years. Whether this is true or not is yet to be confirmed but it would seem they maybe were hoping it was juvenile thing and that he maybe would grow up at some point. 

The audio clip completely changes things now though, regardless of his value or talent he needs locking up and teaching a harsh lesson. He won't have earned enough to keep up his current lifestyle, he will one day be sat at home thinking he had the world at his feet and he blew the lot because he wanted his end away.

I really really hope nobody at United or with England knew about this & still stood by him.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RondónEFC said:

The opportunities and riches afforded to footballers when they aren't mature enough to make sensible choices (for some of this applies well beyond Greenwood's age and into their 30s) definitely lead to a higher rate of this sort of despicable behaviour.

It's worth considering the bigger picture as well though. This woman is a personality in her own right with a huge social media following. She has a platform to deservedly ruin Greenwood's career and life for treating her that way. There are thousands of similar couples across the country though without the same sort of profile and in the UK, the rate at which accusations of rape or domestic abuse actually result in prosecutions is incredibly low, around 2%.

I find it hard to believe 98% of cases are false accusations. Sexual assault is a serious conviction so you can understand why the threshold for evidence is high but surely something more needs to be done, and this is another reason why as the victim in this case, I'd be plastering it on social media instead of trying to go through the proper channels.

I know this probably wasn't your intention but it isn't as simple as saying if you've not been prosecuted at court the system thinks the other person may be lieing. Even more so when it's comes to Domestic Incidents. There's various methods used by the Police to tackle domestic abuse that do not involve a Crown Court hearing. These include IDVA's and Cautions where appropriate. There's also a significant portion of people who do not want to provide statements or go through court proceedings after there partner has been arrested and would rather go down the route of applying for a non-molestation order. All these methods used would not necessarily be recorded in that statistic.

In regards to rape offences it seems on the face of it the Crown Prosecution have been doing more to gain successful prosections. They have lawyers now set aside for serious sexual offences that carry the case from the decision making process to trial to ensure that they have the best personal available to focus on these cases to ensure the best possible evidence is gathered prior to the commencement of any trial. Unfortunately a lot of the time it's very difficult to prove as more often than not you're relying on one person's word against another. External factors can assist (ie forensic evidence, domestic violence, previous bad behaviour etc) but it's still one person's word against another in most cases which is why the statistic will always appear low. Hopefully it will increase over time to benefit the genuine victims but I imagine a jury of 12 people can be very unpredictable and swayed in any form of case.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
56 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I know this probably wasn't your intention but it isn't as simple as saying if you've not been prosecuted at court the system thinks the other person may be lieing. Even more so when it's comes to Domestic Incidents. There's various methods used by the Police to tackle domestic abuse that do not involve a Crown Court hearing. These include IDVA's and Cautions where appropriate. There's also a significant portion of people who do not want to provide statements or go through court proceedings after there partner has been arrested and would rather go down the route of applying for a non-molestation order. All these methods used would not necessarily be recorded in that statistic.

In regards to rape offences it seems on the face of it the Crown Prosecution have been doing more to gain successful prosections. They have lawyers now set aside for serious sexual offences that carry the case from the decision making process to trial to ensure that they have the best personal available to focus on these cases to ensure the best possible evidence is gathered prior to the commencement of any trial. Unfortunately a lot of the time it's very difficult to prove as more often than not you're relying on one person's word against another. External factors can assist (ie forensic evidence, domestic violence, previous bad behaviour etc) but it's still one person's word against another in most cases which is why the statistic will always appear low. Hopefully it will increase over time to benefit the genuine victims but I imagine a jury of 12 people can be very unpredictable and swayed in any form of case.

All of this might be true and I've acknowledged that there are some mitigating factors but the bottom line remains the same, these offences are too easy to get away with, particular for those that have the resources to stack the odds in their favour.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

When he and Foden got caught breaking Covid rules to fuck girls I thought “these 2 are dickheads” but I didn’t think they were rapists.

Now I’m hoping Foden’s not a rapist.

Don't get the 'not all there mentally' thing. Just interested why @UNORTHODOX thinks so.

45 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don’t get this statement from the father. What is the intent of it, to play it down? 

Nothing this cunt has done is normal behaviour or should be accepted. If it’s true that she was hacked, and didn’t want it released then that’s unbelievable to me. If you have proof that somebody is a fucking rapist, then you put it out there, not sweep it under the rug. I get there is pressure, but fuck sake the lad is a cretin who deserves to be punished for his (mounting) crimes. 

Edited by Rick
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Rick said:

Nothing this cunt has done is normal behaviour or should be accepted. If it’s true that she was hacked, and didn’t want it released then that’s unbelievable to me. If you have proof that somebody is a fucking rapist, then you put it out there, not sweep it under the rug. I get there is pressure, but fuck sake the lad is a cretin who deserves to be punished for his (mounting) crimes. 

If only it was really that easy.

Edited my post, don’t want to direct any anger towards her family’s reactions in the aftermath of this morning. Anger should be fully directed to that rat, which it is. 

Echo what everybody else is saying, hoping she’s got a good support network helping her through and whatever help she will need going forward. 

Edited by Rick