talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Christophe Galtier Replaces Pochettino at PSG

football forum

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Pochettino Leaving PSG at End of Season?

He's an overrated manager (doesn't mean he's not good) but being the PSG manager seems like an impossible job. You're not going to get any credit for winning anything domestically and you're going to get slaughtered if you don't win the Champions' League.

I wouldn't say he's overrated.  I would say that the PSG job is too big for him. 

I think he raises the level of play in mediocre/good teams but when you're dealing with superstars on super teams like PSG there's not much room for improvement.

29 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I don't think you can say the PSG job is too big for him and at the same time have people mention him as the best target for Manchester United. 

PSG job is too big for anyone because what they want is 38W 0D 0L and coupe de ligue, coupe de France, Champions League, and most importantly the Trophee des Champions. As well has 120+ goal differential with minimum 38 clean sheets

"Hey we're sacking you at the end of the season, no matter what. Please give it your all and try to win the CL for us though." xD

Maybe not the best way to motivate a manager that's still got you in the tournament you're dying to win.

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

"Hey we're sacking you at the end of the season, no matter what. Please give it your all and try to win the CL for us though." xD

Maybe not the best way to motivate a manager that's still got you in the tournament you're dying to win.

AC Milan told Pioli he is being replaced by Rangick but then Pioli went into mad cunt mode and would not stop winning so Milan told Rangick to fuck off instead,

• 4 months later...

I think he leaves with respect in that he had one full season there and he won the league. Of course an expectation at PSG, but if he had left without winning it then it would have made life difficult for him.

There is a problem at PSG in that the sporting direction is to bring in the biggest players and not necessarily the best team. Also you look at the business they done last Summer, they brought in about 6 first teamers. Gunna be difficult getting them all to play straight away.

I think the best thing for Poch to do now is just try and find a club where he can build something cos that is when he is at his best.

• 3 weeks later...

Former OGC Nice coach, Christophe Galtier, is going to be appointed new PSG coach.

He had only been at OGC Nice for a year, having previously been at Lille. Where had beat PSG to the Ligue 1 title in 2021.

• The title was changed to Christophe Galtier Replaces Pochettino at PSG

Archived