talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brighton Sign Matthew Ryan For Club Record Fee

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. Good signing i think.

I've always rated him highly when i've seen him play. The Valencia move wasnt a huge success but he's done well everywhere else and is still young. 

Australians really need to stick to the UK. They seem to falter in other parts of Europe. Leckie has done well in Germany but Kruse was up and down. Don't get the wind-up started on Tommy Oar in the Netherlands.

Most Aussie footballers are mercenaries anyway. Don't give a shit about the hard minutes but will fuck off to China and and Saudi Arabia quicker than you can say 'dead dingoes donger'. Cucking funts.

I've not seen him play but everyone thinks it's a bit of a steal for £6mil. He wasn't getting much game time in Valencia but their goalkeeping department is strong.

Be interesting to see how he does over here, the PL is a different kettle of fish.

I'd have been happy if we'd signed him. I was hoping we would when he was at Brugge but Valencia got in.

He's quick off his line and with good distribution. With EPL experience he can be really good. 

8 hours ago, Spike said:

Australians really need to stick to the UK. They seem to falter in other parts of Europe. Leckie has done well in Germany but Kruse was up and down. Don't get the wind-up started on Tommy Oar in the Netherlands.

Leckie done well? He was fine in the 2nd division but no goals or assists this season playing on the wing and at striker.He was fucking trash.

1 hour ago, Toony said:

I've not seen him play but everyone thinks it's a bit of a steal for £6mil. He wasn't getting much game time in Valencia but their goalkeeping department is strong.

Be interesting to see how he does over here, the PL is a different kettle of fish.

I hate the Aussie team, but Ryan is quite good.

I remember watching his first ever game with the Mariners. They had 3 injured GKs so he made a surprise debut at 17. He caught my eye then and I am actually glad he is getting a move for first team prem football.

12 hours ago, Tanksie said:

Leckie done well? He was fine in the 2nd division but no goals or assists this season playing on the wing and at striker.He was fucking trash.

I hate the Aussie team, but Ryan is quite good.

I remember watching his first ever game with the Mariners. They had 3 injured GKs so he made a surprise debut at 17. He caught my eye then and I am actually glad he is getting a move for first team prem football.

Better than fukcing Robbie Kruse

Son you just hate Australia, culture cringe archetype right here. Doesn't really matter though, I kind of hate the bastards too.

10 hours ago, Spike said:

Better than fukcing Robbie Kruse

Son you just hate Australia, culture cringe archetype right here. Doesn't really matter though, I kind of hate the bastards too.

Australia has no culture. And yes, staying in the bundesliga and being shit is better than fucking off to china.

5 hours ago, Tanksie said:

Australia has no culture. And yes, staying in the bundesliga and being shit is better than fucking off to china.

In recent history we've done well with signing Aussie players that become key figureheads with Tony Popovic, and then Poppa recommending Mile Jedinak. Even though he got fat and lost his confidence Nicky Carle had a good impact at first too. I was hopeing Mooy or Ryan would follow in the footsteps of the first two but we've somewhat abandoned previous successful methods in the last season or two.

Palace has been a decent home for Aussies historically. Jedinak, in spite of what a buffoon he always looks in international games, performed well for palace. His ability to tackle, win headers and twat cunts was more important there than his inability to pass, and his clumsy challenges on more skillful quick players that you get in Asia.

Would have been happy if Moy or Ryan ended up with you lot, sadly there isn't much other Aussie stock at the minute.  Rogic is the only other Aussie worth more than a stale bucket of piss at the moment, and I am not sure he is prem level.

8 hours ago, Tanksie said:

MA

Oh come on dude, you know that isn't true. You mightn't like the cultures but it doesn't mean they don't exist. There are bad things and great things about Australian culture, but people always focus on the negative shit. It's people that act American or British that are the real  embarrassments. Maybe it's a southern thing but I'd rather be a Queensland bogan than some fuckhead "Italian" from Melbourne that thinks his culture is eating nonna's gnocchi 

15 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Been to Australia 6 times, fucking love the place. 

Looking into buying a place on the Gold Coast, expensive mind. 

The country is lovely really. Very lucky to live here. I run cross country on saturdays as part of a group and our local running track looks like this

C1.jpg

C2.jpg

1 minute ago, Tanksie said:

The country is lovely really. Very lucky to live here. I run cross country on saturdays as part of a group and our local running track looks like this

C1.jpg

C2.jpg

Wow! 

Me and the Mrs are seriously looking at buying a place. It's very expensive but it's something we want to do and my attitude to life is totally .... "you only live once". 

The last place we looked at was Sorrento and it looks amazing. As I said though, it's bloody expensive  

22 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Wow! 

Me and the Mrs are seriously looking at buying a place. It's very expensive but it's something we want to do and my attitude to life is totally .... "you only live once". 

The last place we looked at was Sorrento and it looks amazing. As I said though, it's bloody expensive  

Sorrento in Victoria or WA?

3 hours ago, Anton said:

What? There's a sorrento in WA, near Perth, never knew there was one in Victoria hence my confusion and question. 

The joke was that one of those wasn't Australia! :dam:

17 hours ago, Anton said:

What? There's a sorrento in WA, near Perth, never knew there was one in Victoria hence my confusion and question. 

Have you heard of Portsea? It's the tip of the Mornington Peninsula (which is the main beach holiday destination for victoria). Portsea is the tiny part that only billionaires and hundred millionaires can afford. (Houses $8-25m)

Sorrento is the next suburb down from Portsea and more the one that ten millionaires can afford (Houses more like $2-6m)

On 18/06/2017 at 2:02 PM, LFCMadLad said:

Wow! 

I considered it as what I do for a living id make three times more in Australia but, as you've pointed out with the house prices, the cost of living is absolutely mental.

Archived